• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Regular smartfood is bad enough for leaving cheese dust residue, now make it a violent shade of orange. It's delicious though.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh mama

1MfK0bK.jpg

I'll have a proper review tomorrow

I just found this today, it's amazing.

Flamin' Hot Smartfood Popcorn Impressions
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
k2VAOBa.jpg

This is a bit late, as I wanted to try out the other spicy Smartfood Popcorn variant, Hot Buffalo. Now that's done, here are my impressions:

Smartfood Popcorn is not something I typically buy. When I want popcorn I usually buy popcorn pre-popped, as its cheaper and I like the smell as it pops up in the microwave. While its more expensive as buying pre-popped, I can certainly see the appeal of the bagged popcorn. No kernels or burnt pieces, and the addition of flavors in an even fashion.

Flamin' Hot Smartfood Popcorn is very good. It's got an intense first impression of Flamin' Hot flavor, and then a really nice after-taste of the white cheddar as your tongue tingles. This makes it a very bingeable food, and I went through an entire bag in maybe one 24 hour period. It's not quite the strongest Flamin' Hot heat, but its up there, and lasts just long enough to take control of your taste buds.

Now, this isn't the first time I'v had Flamin' Hot popcorn.

F8LSp31.jpg

The Chester's Brand Flamin' Hot Popcorn was good, but saltier. I would also say that the heat wasn't as intense, but I'm not sure if that's because of the change of the complementing cheese (Cheeto's cheese vs white cheddar). Overall, Smartfood Popcorn wins out.

As one more comparison I wanted to try out Smartfood Popcorns Hot Buffalo flavor, just to get a comparison to how far apart the flavors/heat might be. The Hot Buffalo are very Frank's-like in flavor, a good amount of vinegar cutting through the straint burn. It's a bit less savory than I would've expected for a buffalo flavor, but I was very happy that it wasn't too salty. I imagine Smartfood dials back the salt flavor a bit on purpose. Not bad, but I'm more into Flamin' Hot.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish my half of the state had Flamin hot smartfood popcorn. I only have the buffalo variety over here.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I wish my half of the state had Flamin hot smartfood popcorn. I only have the buffalo variety over here.
it's not widely available around me, I found mine on a 'island' display at a Walmart

It might just be Walmarts that have it right now, haven't seen it in other stores yet

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
it's not widely available around me, I found mine on a 'island' display at a Walmart

It might just be Walmarts that have it right now, haven't seen it in other stores yet
Hmm, I might have to check the next time I'm there. They did have all that cereal from the Eldritch dimension after all.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Finally found the flamin hot Smartfood after I basically stopped bothering to check places. It was a big bag in the grocery store which was definitely not where I was expecting to find it. I'm kind of obsessed, I really hope this isn't a limited edition thing

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
uaZCDqJ.jpg

Visited down in Southern California last week, and stumbled into these, which I've never seen before. Good flavor, but I didn't like the overly soft texture.

Meh.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hot damn

7BlsHiO.jpg

The bags design is great, the reflective purple catches the eye really well, though the font choices could be better matched.

Opening up the bag, you get a pure pickle smell. If you've ever had Lays Dill chips, these smell exactly the same, very sharp vinegar smell. No hint of heat from the smell.

Looking at the chips, they look almost like cheddar and sour cream chips, very pale red, doesn't look like any other Flamin' Hot crisp, which are usually much more red.

OH MAN THIS TASTE. It's closing up my throat in a good way. The first thing you get is the pickle, followed immediately by the heat. The heat takes you by surprise, its almost like the pickle flavor lets the guard down to something more refreshing, but instead its bombarded by Flamin' Hot. It 100% tastes hotter than normal Flamin' Hot, it's very intense.

It's such a nice, sharp burn, and it drops off very quickly, making you want another chip asap. Aftertaste is mostly the tingle of heat and pickle.

This is one of the better combinations of flavors I've ever had, but that is because I do love both Pickle and Flamin' Hot. If you don't like Pickle chips, you probably won't like these, besides the heat they are roughly the same bright pickle flavor you get from the regular Dill Lays.

This is a fucking winner, hot damn.
These are by far the best of any flaming hot products. It's a shame I saw them once over here and cannot find them anywhere anymore.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
what the fuck is that a human hand instead of a dog paw in those photos?

This entire forum is a lie.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
hot damn

7BlsHiO.jpg

The bags design is great, the reflective purple catches the eye really well, though the font choices could be better matched.

Opening up the bag, you get a pure pickle smell. If you've ever had Lays Dill chips, these smell exactly the same, very sharp vinegar smell. No hint of heat from the smell.

Looking at the chips, they look almost like cheddar and sour cream chips, very pale red, doesn't look like any other Flamin' Hot crisp, which are usually much more red.

OH MAN THIS TASTE. It's closing up my throat in a good way. The first thing you get is the pickle, followed immediately by the heat. The heat takes you by surprise, its almost like the pickle flavor lets the guard down to something more refreshing, but instead its bombarded by Flamin' Hot. It 100% tastes hotter than normal Flamin' Hot, it's very intense.

It's such a nice, sharp burn, and it drops off very quickly, making you want another chip asap. Aftertaste is mostly the tingle of heat and pickle.

This is one of the better combinations of flavors I've ever had, but that is because I do love both Pickle and Flamin' Hot. If you don't like Pickle chips, you probably won't like these, besides the heat they are roughly the same bright pickle flavor you get from the regular Dill Lays.

This is a fucking winner, hot damn.

I need these in my life, nay

In my veins 👀

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Finally found these here in Oregon. They're super great.
of all the Smartfood popcorn (I've sampled most since the Flamin' Hot came out) they are easily my favorites

they have a caramel variety and even tho i have a bit of a sweet tooth id scorf down a bag of Flamin' Hot first

maybe i should buy both and combo them in me gob

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
The flaming Smartfood was better than the buffalo one. Those somehow just tasted like vinegar.
yeah, they are super vinegary

i could see some people liking them, but the heat doesn't nearly work as well to me

especially not after having those Flamin' Hot Dill chips, that's how you mix vinegar and heat right

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Had a bag of Taco Bell Reaper Ranch chips yesterday. They were damn good. Great ranch flavor followed by some intense heat. I've tried the other Taco Bell chips and was into them at all, but these seem to be step up.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I've gone way out of my way trying to find more of the Smartfood. It's nowhere. NOWHERE

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
you know what, maybe i expect too much from State Fairs when it comes to making food that will kill you in seconds, but please

O5KZEXPWHVGDVOCHPW3PIZTLBU.jpg

this is just plain boring

Flamin' Hot Cheetos crunched up on some nacho fries?

thats it?

you can do better than that Big Kahunas

via the NYS Fair

i need to start inventing some novelty Flamin' Hot foods

like a meat pie where the crust is infused with Flamin' Hot or sommit

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
you know what, maybe i expect too much from State Fairs when it comes to making food that will kill you in seconds, but please

Flamin' Hot curly fries? You'd just need to change up the seasoning.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

thats it?

via the NYS Fair

lazy, boring, maybe. But no one could honestly say they wouldn't destroy that

grang

Nov 13, 2017

thats it?

via the NYS Fair

If that was accepted, imagine the inspired shit you could concoct and make bank selling at a fair

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why don't they just make Flamin' Hot cheese dip/sauce? Might as well.
Warm it up and drizzle it over some hot Cheetos or hot Fritos.