• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
Hello, need some car insurance advice. My father brought my car home wrecked an hour ago. He was high on drugs and crashed into something near Miami airport. He doesn't know what. I'm fucking pissed. Now I have to go back to riding the fucking trirail. The front left side suspension is caved into the tire. Can't drive it to work. Their is also front damage to the car, the hood is all fucked up. My left side mirror glass is gone. My dad has no car insurance and he doesn't have a valid driver's license. I have progressive insurance, should I be honest with them about that. Will progressive cover this or am I fucked. I don't know what to do?

Oct 27, 2017
I know fuck all about cars and insurance, but you have my empathy re your dad fucking something so important up for you. I suspect the outcome to this won't fall your way but I hope it does. Good luck.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Declare asap to your insurance. If he hit something like another car or property, and cops are called, its a hit and run and its your car

Nov 30, 2017
Tell them you parked your car in the street, then the next morning you woke up and saw your car like that.

unless he hit another car

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
yeah..so your dad might have hit and run, and doesn't know what he crashed into, and was also high on drugs?

i would say maybe talk to a lawyer and see what your options are, and maybe delete the thread.

But how is your father feels? Is he ok?
i promise you that nobody cares.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn that's really crappy. I would call your insurance or local law.

Oct 27, 2017
Once you report it to your insurance they will fix it,however youll be paying a deductible and most likely your rates will go up. Hopefully it wasnt another person hit or a hit and run. Id strongly advise not trying to dupe the insurance company. Things will be okay in the end.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
Dob him in. Tell your insurance.

Why are you letting your father go out in your car with no insurance and license in the first place?

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
Hello, need some car insurance advice. My father brought my car home wrecked an hour ago. He was high on drugs and crashed into something near Miami airport. He doesn't know what. I'm fucking pissed. Now I have to go back to riding the fucking trirail. The front left side suspension is caved into the tire. Can't drive it to work. Their is also front damage to the car, the hood is all fucked up. My left side mirror glass is gone. My dad has no car insurance and he doesn't have a valid driver's license. I have progressive insurance, should I be honest with them about that. Will progressive cover this or am I fucked. I don't know what to do?

This is really concerning, and my advice is probably not what you want to hear, but what you need to hear.

I assume you allowed your father to drive your car, without insurance or a valid driving licence. Pleading ignorance to this is no defense.

Your father, while high on drugs, illegally drove your vehicle and hit "something". That's either:

someones property
or a person

At this point you do not know if your car and your father, when high on drugs, hurt people or killed people.

You need to call the police and tell them this. Your father will have to accept the consequences of this, as will you.

Your OP seems like you are asking for advice on also committing insurance fraud.

Go to the police, tell them everything you can about the incident.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Whilst you care i hope you made him feel even shittier than he likely does. Fucking driving whilst so high on drugs that he wrecked your car endangered the lives of everyone that was on his route. Your dad is an asshole.
gamer's secret: Polk is actually OP's dad, trying to remind him that life is more important than material things and that he should be glad his dad is ok. and not so hung up on a little car crash.

Oct 25, 2017
Just be honest with them, you're likely fucked and unless you're willing to say "my father took my car without my permission" which may get it labeled as theft you will likely just have to eat the cost.

Oct 27, 2017
Why did you give your car to the high-person without the driver's license?

How is this thread so positive and supportive, his dad should be in jail and never-ever drive another vehicle again.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Not sure how it will be in US, but your dad not having a license could be grounds to having the claim be denied and/or cancelled. Let's not even get into the drugs.

You need to reevaluate your relationship with your dad and what he has access to.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is really concerning, and my advice is probably not what you want to hear, but what you need to hear.

I assume you allowed your father to drive your car, without insurance or a valid driving licence. Pleading ignorance to this is no defense.

Your father, while high on drugs, illegally drove your vehicle and hit "something". That's either:

someones property
or a person

At this point you do not know if your car and your father, when high on drugs, hurt people or killed people.

You need to call the police and tell them this. Your father will have to accept the consequences of this, as will you.

Your OP seems like you are asking for advice on also committing insurance fraud.

Go to the police, tell them everything you can about the incident.

This is really good advice. Protect yourself first and foremost. A police report may actually assist you if your insurance company refuses to cover the damage - which is very possible (and logical). But more paperwork is only going to help in this situation.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So your dad is, I assume, an addict, has no insurance or driving license and you let him use your car and he then crashed it into 'something'?

What if he hit a person instead of 'something? The fact you allowed this to happen is pretty shameful and makes me wish we had self driving cars already so people like your dad and in turn you weren't trusted with actually driving cars.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The OP seems to have gotten an answer, so the thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.