• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
I've never understood the fascination with them. They are impractical and gives an unclean look that's not appealing at all.

Nothing like a clean saved face.
It is the "rugged" fad look for hipsters. People want to look like they can survive out in the wilderness. I think Daniel Bryan started it some years ago.

wwu0806131280jpg-e93770_1280w.jpg

Nov 18, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Accusation and Misrepresenting Another User Over Multiple Posts in this Thread
Are you stalking me? Don't be offended if I ignore you, actually you're going to have the privilege to be the first person I ignore here.
Not intentionally, but I can't say I'm surprised to see you avoid answering that question in the last thread ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh wow I'm popping your ignore cherry, I'm sorry to disappoint bro but I'm over the age of consent hope that doesn't ruin it for you!

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
I used to have a joke of a beard.

Now it's starting to cover my face evenly, finally. And that's since I fixed my diet. Still, I have one sad hold on the right cheek, I've been at war with it for a few months.

I also realized I get a 14 year-old oily skin the day after I eat too much Nutella.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel you OP. Having to constantly shave because your facial hair is patchy, and can't let it be with a good looking beard, sucks.

Last edited:

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I have fairly dense facial hair and I still go with stubble most of the year. For the couple of months that it's cold in Texas I'll go with heavier stubble/short beard but that's about it.

It's all about playing to your strengths. My hair started balding at 22 so I shaved it off and count on my facial hair to keep my head from looking like a giant thumb. If your facial hair is sparse and pube-y, then you'll be better off clean shaven.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I've always been jealous of my dad and brother's glorious beards. I can grow a beard but it isn't as robust as theirs.

Seems like my older brother took all the beard growing genes because my little brother can't even grow a beard.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
So is it just a straight guy thing to feel insecure about your masculinity unless you look like the exact opposite of a girl?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mine sucks because my beard hair is extremely hard and chips expensive razor blades to the point I can only use them once or twice. You should embrace the convenience. Beards are a constant hassle and expense.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I think I could grow a decent beard (only one in my direct family that could actually), but I can never get past the itching in the second week. It literally drives me crazy I can't handle it :(

OP
OP
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
So is it just a straight guy thing to feel insecure about your masculinity unless you look like the exact opposite of a girl?

It's not about masculinity, it's about coolness.
As a straight dude I've been sold my whole life that beards are cool.

Trust me, I'm not a bastion of manliness, I have a trademark vulnerability to me. Comes with being raised around women.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I would give you mine if i could,great beard genes but i hate it.
Shaving everyday is a pain in the ass.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
I can't grow much of a beard, can't say it bothers me other than it would be nice to have a more defined chin. But in my 40s I still have a full thick head of hair, and I would much rather have hair on my head versus hair on my face.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
I had a patchy beard when I was a teen, then in my early 20's it filled out pretty well and looks good these days. All it cost me was the hair on my head, careful what you wish for OP. And if you are balding and can't grow a beard then I'm sorry, that's a brutal burden for any man to bear.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
It's not about masculinity, it's about coolness.
As a straight dude I've been sold my whole life that beards are cool.

Trust me, I'm not a bastion of manliness, I have a trademark vulnerability to me. Comes with being raised around women.
Hmm masculinity is just the male-specific version of cool.

I have advice I got from a commercial (so you know it's legit): Love The Skin You're In

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
I thought my facial hair was shit till I let it grow, some bald patches are even gone by now, still have some spot without hair but it's not as noticable as before. There's a moment when I look like shit tho but I just have to wait it out till more hair starts coming out of places I thought it couldn't.

Oh I see potential here.

Tenck

Oct 27, 2017
Mine grows too fast. Let's trade places.

After 2 weeks i have a full beard going on in my face.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I feel like every guy owes it to themself to watch Queer Eye to see how far a good haircut and facial trim can take their look. Sometimes it is better to shave than keep a struggle beard.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
My chin and mustache are decent but I can barely grow any facial hair on my cheeks. Can't change your genetics so just learn to love what you have.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna see the picture

edit - Eh, just keep it short like that and shave the patchy spots with a razor