• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I knew I should have never accepted my dentist's friend invite on Facebook.

He's now writing books on self help and shit, became a millionaire and has events on where he tags EVERYONE even you didn't attend.

Tonight, the guy is high on Zoom and is just spamming the TAG function every 5 minutes for every different category of whatever Zoom thing he is on with "successful" people,

God damn it

I set my tag to require my approval before showing up on my page. But now it's ding, ding, ding, ding notification spam mother fucker.

Fuck him, I unfriended him and blocked him.

My next dental check-up will be awkward if he notices that I unfriended him.

hehe

would you have reacted the same way?

nhlducks35

Oct 28, 2017
all you have to do is stop following them but keep them as a friend so you never see their posts or get tagged

OP
OP
gutter_trash

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
all you have to do is stop following them but keep them as a friend so you never see their posts or get tagged
that doesn't work

I did unfollow him prior and his dental clinic. 80% of my friends on Facebook are unfollowed

but he just does a TAG ALL on his friends list and tonight, he fired up like a dozen of them

I wish social distancing would be a thing online as well

OP
OP
gutter_trash

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Tim Whatley turns into Walter White

3y3s.gif

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Be an adult, unfriend and block your dentist... If he somehow notices, tell him the truth. Too many people play this weird psychologically game with themselves and think there will be some huge backlash for being a little more honest.

Like damn, you can tell total strangers on the internet your thoughts and feelings, but you can't manage it for a professional doctor you see twice a year?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Facebook is generally pretty flexible with the notifications you can toggle on and off. Can't you just mute him?

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew it. I knew I never should have accepted my dentist's friend invite on Facebook.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who tf friends their dentist

I'm paying you to clean my teeth not hang out to have a beer with

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Why in God's name would you have your dentist as a friend on FB? It's like having your boss as a friend

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Who has their dentist on facebook!?!

I culled my facebook a while ago. It was right wing poison. Now, it's about 30 people. Close friends and family only.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Why are you friends with your dentist is the real question here.

It's fear, isn't it?

Bedraggle

May 6, 2020
Why did you add your dentist on Facebook??
Is it his personal FB or an official one for the clinic? I could kind of get the latter if it was something that only posted occasionally with relevant info

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I wouldn't have done the same thing because I wouldn't friend my dentist, doctor, etc in the first place. Unless they're a friend or family member, that's weird to me.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my dentist keeps telling me to "smash the effing like button" when i'm rinsing. he does great work but i'm thinking of unsubbing.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Sidebar, I went years without dental care and only was able to get it again recently, have had two dentists and was surprised to see what looks to be some sort of trend with em—kinda humorously spammy bunch. Lots of emails, happy birthday texts (???????) and I have had a heck of a time cancelling my cleaning in the midst of a pandemic.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I probably never would've accepted his friend request. I don't let people follow me on Facebook unless I know them.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I get this a lot, its funny how people never think of that part

I gotta keep up with like, 4 different countries worth of relatives

Is your dentist a relative? No? I'm not understanding why "I will now unfriend the person that only has anything to do with me because I spend money with them" is not the immediate choice.