• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should I correct her and tell her to start saying coins instead of money?

• Yes.

Votes: 201 18.1%
  • No.

Votes: 469 42.2%
  • What?

Votes: 441 39.7%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
México
When we play any Mario game, she says "get the money", but I somehow don't see the coins in those games as money.

Should I correct her and tell her to start saying coins instead of money?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
giphy.gif

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
WeekendERA strikes back.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
I mean... Are coins in the Mushroom Kingdom used as currency? There seems to be a surplus of coins... I don't think they are worth a lot.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
but I somehow don't see the coins in those games as money.

Uh... what? If anything, she's correcting you. :D Of course they're money; it's what you use to buy things with in pretty much every Mario game that lets you buy things. Hell, even in games without actual shops, like the original SMB, you (automatically) buy an 1-UP with 100 of them, and in SMB2, you use them for the slot machine.

I mean... Are coins in the Mushroom Kingdom used as currency?

Dude... have you played any Mario game in the past two decades?

maxresdefault.jpg

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

mario%20rabbids%20kingdom%20battle%20review%20(7)_1.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019
Alternatively, Yoshi coins can also be called Dino Dollars. It would be great if she called Kingdom Hearts munny coins after the correction.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Mario is the richest man in the mushroom kingdom, OP. He will sue you if you besmirch his name again.

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
Eventually, all of us spend some good time counting money to see if we can make ends meet.
Might as well start early hahahha

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
They've been used in currency in plenty of the games, although I think Mario Odyssey might have been the first mainline title to actually outright have shops that used them

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The whole point of Mario is you're stealing a ton of money from the Kingdom and then you work with Yoshi to tax-evade the government. Have you even played a Mario game, OP?

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I always considered the coins money growing up.
Naturally, I also understood it's not money in the sense I could go and spend things with Mario and it only gave me a 1up every 100 coins, but it is money.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Uh... what? If anything, she's correcting you. :D Of course they're money; it's what you use to buy things with in pretty much every Mario game that lets you buy things. Hell, even in games without actual shops, like the original SMB, you (automatically) buy an 1-UP with 100 of them, and in SMB2, you use them for the slot machine.

Dude... have you played any Mario game in the past two decades?

maxresdefault.jpg

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

mario%20rabbids%20kingdom%20battle%20review%20(7)_1.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
exposing all the fake gamers

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
I carry a huge pouch of dollar coins around for when people ask for money. I usually loosen up the drawstring and throw the bag on the counter so the coins come spilling out a bit.

What I'm trying to say is... dont let your daughter become like me. Teach her the difference.