• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
A couple of days ago, my county(placer) voted to rescind the local state of emergency. What this means is basically nothing. The main take away is that local officers cannot enforce anything. Masks, social distancing, etc. Places can still be reported to the state and should be following state guidelines.

During the board of supervisors meeting, where anti-mask and anti-vaxxers spoke, it was stated that the economic issues are far more important than the cases and deaths we have had.

Immediately following this vote, our local health official resigned.

The action prompted Public Health Officer Dr. Aimee Sisson to resign, effective Sept. 25.

"It is with a heavy heart that I submit this letter of resignation. Today's action by the Placer County Board of Supervisors made it clear that I can no longer effectively serve in my role as Placer County Health Officer and Public Health Director," Sisson wrote Tuesday. "I am grateful to have been granted the tremendous privilege and responsibility of protecting and promoting the health of Placer County's 400,000 residents over the last 10 months."

www.latimes.com

Placer County rescinds COVID-19 health emergency, prompting health officer to resign

Residents will still be expected to follow California’s overall guidance, but the county says it will not enforce the state rules.

She was ignored at every step of the way and the board of supervisors would bring in outside "experts" such as the anti-mask geniuses to get info while she was placed in a corner of the room and disregarded.

The confusion over this has restauraunts celebrating in the area. Like this place for example. Literally on video telling people to come on in and celebrate, and no masks are required.

This shit is absolutely disgusting. Here is another gem from earlier this year of a guy on my counties board.

www.abc10.com

Placer County Supervisor says masks are dangerous and face coverings don't help. We checked it out | Coronavirus in Context

Placer County Supervisor Kirk Uhler also compared wearing the mask to an AIDS ribbon, saying they are just for show.

we are so fucked. The kicker is that my county is hoping that other counties will "stand against Newsom" and also vote to rescind their state of emergencies.

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
The cherry atop the shit sunday is that Placer County's idiocy will no doubt cause a spillover spike in cases here in Sacramento as well. Just as we were trending down.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Man, thats rough. Stay safe dude. Feel bad for the health officials who resigned. When everyone is an expert, then no one is an expert and shit hits fan.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Can't the State over rule? I mean TX does it all the damn time. Fucking over blue counties.

yellowfury

Oct 27, 2017
Related- This whole time I thought Roseville was in Sacramento county.

This is not good. For sure other dumb red counties in CA will follow suit and there's no way for people in blue counties to protect themselves.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God I was SURE this was going to be Orange County. Amazing how we're somehow NOT the most insane county in California...

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Related- This whole time I thought Roseville was in Sacramento county.

This is not good. For sure other dumb red counties in CA will follow suit and there's no way for people in blue counties to protect themselves.

We are very close to the sac county line. I can drive down the road and its right there.

Can't the State over rule? I mean TX does it all the damn time. Fucking over blue counties.

I honestly dont know because the whole thing seemed to just be to put on a show and purposely cause confusion. It wasnt really meant to do anything like get rid of guidelines, but it is going to cause major damage.

that wine guy just looks like an asshole

because he is

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
there haven't been very many cases in your county. there's already state guidelines.

Empowering local law enforcement to harass people for non-compliance while numbers are this low is a strange take

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
there haven't been very many cases in your county. And you want more draconian restrictions? there's already state guidelines.

What do you mean more? People arent even following the state guidelines here, thats my point. When this passed, the narrative of people changed to that covid is over and no more guidlines are needed

Last edited:

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
I live in Folsom (which is probably one of the more Red parts of Sacramento county) so I've got Placer to the north and El Dorado to the east and the politics around here just drive me insane sometimes. Stay safe, OP.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017

For some reason, in states like California the counties are unusually powerful. It's kind of like how the US is supposed to have some power over the states, but states end up with power even over federally-funded programs like Medicaid. It's basically the ideal of the anti-federalists.

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
If the actions of these fuckwads didn't have an impact on innocent people, I'd be ready to just write them all off and tell them to enjoy and go wild (& die). Sigh, stay safe OP.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
695225311620497470.png

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Tulare County did this earlier too as a political move, and then after threatening to withhold emergency funds from the county or close back down, Governor Newsom just rescinded the threat and let us re-open for a short while. But of course, we ended up needing to have bars and restaurants closed up again (even though a lot of them are still open, because my county isn't enforcing anything)

Good luck to you OP, and let's both pray that more counties don't decide to stupidly reopen now if the state doesn't do anything about Placer county... definitely worried Tulare and Kings County will both do it now...

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely maddening. Red counties are fucking things up for the rest of us so badly.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Fucking idiots. These people are the ones that are going to keep this virus around longer and cost more lives than it would have if we had just stuck with the scientific community's recommendations.