• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Apparently lying on a keyboard is extremely comfortable for cats, but only when you're trying to use one.

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently lying on a keyboard is extremely comfortable for cats, but only when you're trying to use one.

Usually I come back to my computer with a bunch of rando crap open and always without fail on airplane mode. I swear they try to occupy my energy space every time I get up.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
My current cat is banned from the office outside of late night, I have two desks and he's not allowed on this one but he tries to sneak by and jump on via the other, destroying everything in between. He's allowed on my lap late night mind.

My last cat (RIP) used to just sleep on my mouse mat next to my hand, rather peacefully (Was cute but the former stray had kidney failure in his latter days (Medicated but didn't help much)) and he damn smelt quite bad (Put up with it when knew he had 6 or so months left).

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
My cat comes and gives me a tap, tap with her paw usually when I'm playing games or distracted by the TV. I'll say "what do you want? Show me" most of the time she's looking for attention and leads me to the bathroom for some pets.

Our youngest faces away from me and meows. She's gotten really bad about yelling at us when it's bed time.

Sounds like he wants you to play?

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Cats can learn boundaries. Mine would jump up on the desk so I would pick him up and put him on the floor. This went on for several days. He was very persistent. Then once when he was about to leap I stopped him by scolding and saying...
"Aaaa! No. You know the rules."
He was not amused.

"Rules? I don't need no stinking rules. Don't mandate me!"
He then proceeded to the other side of the room to sit there and glare at me. If looks could kill.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
My current cat is banned from the office outside of late night, I have two desks and he's not allowed on this one but he tries to sneak by and jump on via the other, destroying everything in between. He's allowed on my lap late night mind.

My last cat (RIP) used to just sleep on my mouse mat next to my hand, rather peacefully (Was cute but the former stray had kidney failure in his latter days (Medicated but didn't help much)) and he damn smelt quite bad (Put up with it when knew he had 6 or so months left).

That seems like an insanely complicated set of rules to expect a cat to live up to.

My kitty knows living room table is a no go. Kitchen table south of the sink is a no go. Otherwise just be a cat. He is awesome at living up to that. I can leave meat on the kitchen table, and he has not in his 13 years of living done anything wrong.

He is also spoiled as fuck, so he will have gotten some bites of whatever is on the kitchen table, to keep him from feeling that he has to go oceans 11.

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017
I need a new screen that does not put out as much heat.

VwV6oID.jpg

6A82VM7.jpg

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
That seems like an insanely complicated set of rules to expect a cat to live up to.

My kitty knows living room table is a no go. Kitchen table south of the sink is a no go. Otherwise just be a cat. He is awesome at living up to that. I can leave meat on the kitchen table, and he has not in his 13 years of living done anything wrong.

He is also spoiled as fuck, so he will have gotten some bites of whatever is on the kitchen table, to keep him from feeling that he has to go oceans 11.
He knows how doors work and is old and a bit of a loner. Sleeps at the end of the bed just so can wake me up at 6 (I will get up at 7 at the latest) to feed him. He spends a lot of time outside too chilling when it's warm (I'm UK based and live off the road).

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Dogs have owners, Cats have staff. Once you know this everything falls into place.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
My cat does this all the time. I'll be working in my attic and my cat will paw my leg until I pick him up.

DarthMasta

Feb 17, 2018
All you guys, just flaunting your cats, people will try to steal them.

They're all great cats, it looks like.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
He knows how doors work and is old and a bit of a loner. Sleeps at the end of the bed just so can wake me up at 6 (I will get up at 7 at the latest) to feed him. He spends a lot of time outside too chilling when it's warm (I'm UK based and live off the road).

They are the best little shits!

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Your cat knows what's up and will be a valiant asset in the fight against capitalism

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
I can leave meat on the kitchen table, and he has not in his 13 years of living done anything wrong.

You're lucky. My bad little man rips raw pork out of the package if you turn your back for a second. 🤦‍♂️

I need a new screen that does not put out as much heat.

VwV6oID.jpg

6A82VM7.jpg

Lol what a cute little bastard. 🤣

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff. Once you know this everything falls into place.

My god it's true!

Midee

Oct 27, 2017
CA, USA
Sounds like he wants to play and hang out with you. When my cats are like this I break out the feather teaser and have them chase it around until they get tired.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I got a pen display a few days ago in an attempt to improve my (currently rock-bottom terrible) art skills. The moment I attempt to use it, my cat does everything in her power to position herself between me and the display.

Like, sit on my lap or whatever, but please don't paw at the screen, try to climb on the display, use the corners of the display/the back of the pen to scratch your face, etc.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My cats have an irrational hatred of me eating. Even if they have already been fed.

The leader, Picard will literally follow you everywhere, scratch at every fabric surface (carpets, sofas, etc) and try to jump on top of the fridge (when not just knocking magnets off it) to show his displeasure of me and my partner eating.

And I came armed with pictures.
6aVchlB.jpeg

Lt. Jean-Luc Picard (he's been demoted several times for inspordination)

qxH9trt.jpeg

Ensign Spock (he hasn't ranked up yet he's the youngest)

Ky7u4NU.jpeg

Lt Commander Benjamin Lafayette Sisko (he's to Much of a fraidy cat to be a Captain)

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My cats have an irrational hatred of me eating. Even if they have already been fed.

The leader, Picard will literally follow you everywhere, scratch at every fabric surface (carpets, sofas, etc) and try to jump on top of the fridge (when not just knocking magnets off it) to show his displeasure of me and my partner eating.

And I came armed with pictures.
6aVchlB.jpeg

Lt. Jean-Luc Picard (he's been demoted several times for inspordination)

qxH9trt.jpeg

Ensign Spock (he hasn't ranked up yet he's the youngest)

Ky7u4NU.jpeg

Lt Commander Benjamin Lafayette Sisko (he's to Much of a fraidy cat to be a Captain)

Haha, I love how everyone gets along when posting pics of cats.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cats don't have hateful bones in their bodies.

…I wish humans could be like that.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Cats don't have hateful bones in their bodies.

…I wish humans could be like that.
No... They are full of hate.

They are literally an apex predator that can be picked up and cuddled, trust me as much as they love us they hate us at the same time.

As for proof of the Apex predator thing. As a much younger person I had a cat named Tippie(my first cat) . Back then I was an idiot and I let my cats outside.

Not only did she once bring me literally two dead rats holding each one by their tail on either side of her mouth. She once lept off my porch to catch a bird out of the air mid flight and kill it. She then looked at me for approval.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No... They are full of hate.

They are literally an apex predator that can be picked up and cuddled, trust me as much as they love us they hate us at the same time.

As for proof of the Apex predator thing. As a much younger person I had a cat named Tippie(my first cat) . Back then I was an idiot and I let my cats outside.

Not only did she once bring me literally two dead rats holding each one by their tail on either side of her mouth. She once lept off my porch to catch a bird out of the air mid flight and kill it. She then looked at me for approval.
That's just their nature.