• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember one of oir cats many years ago somehow got a hamster and brought it to us on Christmas Day.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
My washing machine caught a mouse, I found out the hard way.
Hopefully when you say you let it outside you drove 2 miles away otherwise you got yourself a new roommate for the winter.

OP
OP
angelgrievous

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Need pics of the cat
4Fi2SP4.jpg

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate commentary
Please tell me you only let it outside so you could stomp it to death without getting guts on your floor.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Our neighborhood kitty used to leave presents like these on our doorstep. Apparently despite visiting multiple houses for food, we were the only ones he gave them to, for whatever that means. We hadn't gotten any in the last year though, but he was already an old man of a kitty. Tonight was the first night coming home from work and knowing he wasn't going to be there and I already miss him.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My cat killed four mice in two days and by killed I mean tortured and then I had to kill it

OP
OP
angelgrievous

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Our neighborhood kitty used to leave presents like these on our doorstep. Apparently despite visiting multiple houses for food, we were the only ones he gave them to, for whatever that means. We hadn't gotten any in the last year though, but he was already an old man of a kitty. Tonight was the first night coming home from work and knowing he wasn't going to be there and I already miss him.
Antoine is old as shit and i dread the day he passes.

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
Your cat works as intended. Congrats on your fully operational cat.

OP
OP
angelgrievous

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
anything bro thats straight up crazy
I was gonna take the mouse to the cabin next to me, cause antoine was trying to eat him yeah, so i was carrying him out and antoine was clawing at my legs you know so i was tyring to be careful, so i opened the door and i was gonna take him to the cabin next to me but the motherfucker jumped out of my hand and landed on the ground. He's okay yeah, unless he got eaten by a hawk.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There is a cat in our building and sometimes she comes to our floor (we gave her food 2 years ago, but then neighbors got angry and...). She caught a poor pigeon one time and carried it for 6 floors for us, maybe as a gift! lol
Some pics (without that pigeon):

eh6z_6_-_copy.jpg

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
There is a cat in our building and sometimes she comes to our floor (we gave her food 2 years ago, but then neighbors got angry and...). She caught a poor pigeon one time and carried it for 6 floors for us, maybe as a gift! lol

Huh, thanks for this. When I was a kid, a cat used to visit us in the building and we'd give it a bowl of milk. One day, it brought us a killed rat as a gift, and I always thought that can't be right, I must be misremembering it. But it turns out that is a thing cats do?

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
mine caught a baby mouse earlier this year. My cat kept toying with it spitting it out, it would squeak (I had never heard a mouse squeak before), then the cat would grab it its mouth again. Took a while before I could get the mouse out of the cat's mouth.

My cat also chases geckos, which we have a lot of around here in warmer months. he will stare at the walls for hours at night waiting for one to crawl out from behind a i picture on the wall.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
My 15 yr old indoor cat (!) who sleeps 23 hours a day caught an indoor mouse last year. It was weird seeing those cat hunter instincts kicking in.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, thanks for this. When I was a kid, a cat used to visit us in the building and we'd give it a bowl of milk. One day, it brought us a killed rat as a gift, and I always thought that can't be right, I must be misremembering it. But it turns out that is a thing cats do?
Yeah I think it's kind of a gift and can't think about it another way for a cat who carries something like that for 6 floors.
Or maybe she wanted to say "Hey human! I don't want your awful food and please give me something delicious like this pigeon next time!" lol

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Female cats (males do it too but less often) will often bring kills back home to present to their family either as food for them or trophy. If they bring you rats or birds or whatever, they see you as part of that family.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Female cats (males do it too but less often) will often bring kills back home to present to their family either as food for them or trophy. If they bring you rats or birds or whatever, they see you as part of that family.

My cats have only brought me heads, mostly bird heads but also a rabbit's head once.
That doesn't seem like a gift of food.

Nov 2, 2017
If I recall correctly, it IS a gesture of familial love

but with the connotation of "you're clearly such a dumbfuck I never see you hunt anything. Here's some food so you don't starve"

As opposed to when my old dog would kill birds or rats. She did it for sport

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
My one cat always puts toy mice he catches in his food bowl. It's super cute and no idea what it means. Does it mean I'm next?

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Had to do the same a handful of times with my cat... sometimes birds other times mice. Makes me think of the ones i couldn't save, poor things.