• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I know how hard it is finding out your sibling made an attempt. Thinking of you and hoping for a good recovery all around. Until he is stable and resting, make sure to get some air frequently so the sick feelings don't fester.

JuanMR2

Oct 27, 2017
Hope your brother gets through this and he can get professional help so he doesn't feel the need to do this again.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Hoping for the best for you and your family.

As mentioned earlier in the thread it's a positive sign that he took himself to the hospital. Now just make sure to provide him the support he needs, and make sure you take care of yourself as well.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sorry dude; I hope you and he and your family all come out ok. Best wishes.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
I hope your brother gets the attention, love and help he needs. I've been there before, it's miserable but there really is light at the end of the tunnel. Stay strong and remember things can and will get better.

Your family can do this <3

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am sorry you and your family is going through this.

Best wishes to your brother and you.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
This thread really hits close to home for me, OP.

My brother is depressed, suicidal and an alcoholic. He has talked about wanting to die many times.

All the best to you and your family. Don't give up on him no matter what.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
It's gonna be ok and keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Be thankful he drove himself there to protect himself instead of doing something before anyone even knew.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending good wishes down your way.

The fact that he drove himself sounds like a good sign though. I hope he recovers well.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Him driving himself to the hospital hopefully means he wasn't fully committed to it and had doubts.

Hope everything goes well, OP.

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
Its been a rough year for a lot of people with siblings, this one hits close to home. My little sister has been in a pretty bad mental state until recently. I wish you and your brother all the best.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sending my prayers and best wishes to you and your family, EBF. Hopefully he can realize how much he means to those who love him.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
He called you. He drove himself to the hospital. I know fuck all about it. But I'm hoping those are two positives.

Wishing your brother, you and your family all the best.

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
My god. I'm so sorry your brother felt that taking his life was his only option. There are so many things that needs to be talked about in society and suicide is definitely one of them.

Best wishes to your and your brother. You are both in my thoughts.

Monarch1501

Designer @ Dontnod
Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Been there with my older sister recently (she's fine)... Not gonna lie, it leaves a mark on you and you'll often think about it afterwards.
The most important thing to do is to take the time to heal, be there for your brother and listen to him when the time comes.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Sending good vibes EBF to you and your family. At least he knew that he needed to seek help immediately.

original.gif

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
Fuck, I am so sorry to hear that. Hang in there OP, sending good vibes to you and your family.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you everyone. I'm absolutely exhausted so very briefly, he is okay. His wife is with him and he'll be under evaluation for the night along with an in-patient program moving forward.

Thanks again.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can relate. My brother ate a bottle of pills years back, worst part is no one but me believed him, luckily I know my brother like myself and called for help. They lost him and he had to be revived twice then spent a couple of days in a medically induced coma until he was stabilized. Seeing him in that state is literally the most scared I have ever been in my life and it's something I don't often talk about, scarred me deep in my soul no one is or could be as important to me as him.

Good news is that if your brother was trying to drive himself to get help he still has the drive to live. I am sure they will keep him in observation and then he will probably have to go through programs, inpatient at first then outpatient follow up care.

Just be there for him, not just to keep an eye on him though for that too, and not in a guilt trip way, just be there and care and love.

Ifs tough even though your not the one who did it so not only be in a position where you can be the most help to him, but also don't neglect yourself, you need to be healthy if your going to even attempt to help him in his attempts to get healthy.

I don't really know what else to do but tell you I am here, and will talk to people through PM's. I can't really do much more than relate, but as I said I definitely can do that and even with everything being unique in its own way understand in general what it feels like so I can honestly say I understand enough that my ear is not only open but without judgement and know how much it can affect those close to someone who makes an attempt and the trauma it can cause.

Stay healthy and as strong as you can, but no shame in reaching out, strength in numbers and all.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that you can be there for him OP. Wishing for a positive outcome from this horrible situation!

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I relate to you, I have family that was very, very close to attempting. Very glad he is still with you. Best wishes to you and yours, and hopefully he can overcome this with love and support from you all.

Jan 13, 2018
Thank goodness your brother made it to the hospital. Here's to the family rallying round to get him the help & support he needs. đź‘Ť

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wishing the best for you and your family.

Also, it's ok to throw up. Dealing with this is really fucking hard. I am so happy to hear that your brother is ok... I hope he gets the support he needs to believe that he deserves to be ok, always.