• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
He called me first to tell me while driving himself to the hospital. They took him in right away. I don't know what he did or how bad he is as he was already checked in when I got here.

I'm sorry for one of these kind of threads but please send good things. It's really bad weather here and other family is slow to get here. I feel like throwing up.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
That's absolutely horrible. If you need anything just ask. I hope it's not too bad and that he'll be fine.

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds horrible. Please hang in there, hoping your brother pulls through and gets the love and support he needs. Be strong for him, he's lucky to have you.

iHeartGameDev

Feb 22, 2019
So sorry to hear, OP

That must be an incredibly empty-stomach inducing call to receive, I don't think many of us can even comprehend. You know that we are all here to support you, offer words of comfort, and any advice you may be seeking.

Stay strong, friend

Oct 30, 2017
Been there myself. Brother tried to overdose about 10 years ago. It's good he drove himself to get help. Means he's not hopeless completely. Just be there for him. Best wishes OP

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Wishing all the best for him and for you

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that he sought out help is a good sign. Wishing you and the fam all the best, OP.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Good vibes heading your and your brother's way, friend. I hope he'll be okay. I know what it's like to get a call like that.

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I wish him the best, its not easy.

I had to stay over night with a friend who attempted a couple of weeks ago. I feel ya man.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Hope he'll be okay and get the treatment he needs. Be supportive (you already are by just being there).

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no EBF I'm so sorry for you, your brother and the rest of your fam. Hoping better days ahead for you

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I'm sorry, hoping he can get the help he needs and that you're able to process this in your own way and at your own pace.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I hope only for the best for your brother and you, both of you will get through this dark time. He needs your support more than ever.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
Sorry, Man. I hope he recovers. Stay with him, he needs a brother and a friend. I will be hoping for him to have a speedy recovery.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
He called me first to tell me while driving himself to the hospital. They took him in right away. I don't know what he did or how bad he is as he was already checked in when I got here.

I'm sorry for one of these kind of threads but please send good things. It's really bad weather here and other family is slow to get here. I feel like throwing up.

sending good juju your way!

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, hope your brother is okay EBF, hope he is able to get all the help he needs. I'm sure you being there will be a great comfort, make sure he knows he would be missed.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Sending as much good vibes as I can to you and your family.

I'm glad he called you and I'm glad he went straight to the hospital. I can only hope that this is the beginning of him getting the help he clearly needs.

Fingers crossed for you and yours, EBF.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Love and support to your brother and you. Take care and I hope he comes through this.

I never talk about this outside of close friends and family but about 10 years ago - I was at a low point and tried to kill myself, I failed and went to the hospital thanks to my sister. I spent some time there and that's was when the fact I am bipolar first came up. Now these days I am in a way better place and honestly if it wasn't for the support from my sister I don't think I would be here.

be there for your brother in whatever way you can, listen and understand even if you can't understand what he is going through just being there for him will help so much.

<3

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
My brother made an attempt years ago. Fortunately he called his girlfriend and told her he'd taken the pills and she called 911.

One of the most important things you can do right now, is let him know how much his being alive means to you.

ElectricBlanketFire Please feel free to send me a PM if you need advice or want to talk.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Does he still have his cellphone. Any answer when you call?
He should be OK, if he decided he wanted to go to the hospital and drove himself there.
Hang in there, any friends to call for support?

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's not going to seem like it at all at this moment, but when the time is right and more importantly when he's ready, talk to him. About everything.

I went through a similar episode, and talking with my parents and a therapist about everything was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm a different person now because of it, own my past, and speak openly about it (if the moment calls), especially when it comes to someone else's rough patch.

It really helps. Take care, and best of wishes with everything ❤