• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sadsic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Greetings Reset Era,

I am Sadsic, I posted at the other place a lot in the before times and have been making electronic music for like 10 years - I joined a band named "Manic Carbon" in the last year or so with a bunch of my music friends and we have a debut album coming out later this month. Ahead of the album, we released a song today called "The Reset Era" that's like a sort of weird psych pop lowkey banger with a cheapo music video you can see here:

It's about like my trials and tribulations with mental illness but under the guise of video games and video game forums; I started working on it shortly after this forum opened and it slowly turned into this kinda epic monstrosity with like 6 vocalists that's maybe comparable to something by like The Olivia Tremor Control or Circulatory System but with a more 2010s pop framework. I thought it was fairly relevant to post and maybe you guys would like it

Lemme know if it actually sucks but i think its cool, my mom says im cool

Spotify Link: https://open.spotify.com/album/7p1vgBrN0zz4qNDZu354Vo?si=gwrbbsvdRNydMFdOTt9uvg

The album is also called "The Sun is Gone, and the Moon's Off Too" and should be out 10/25 on all the streaming places - EDIT: Out now!

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/6wqY8dGjc7aSKHH2n0Zxxk?si=AyESh9KRSZW2knv4uqzJ0A
Bandcamp: https://maniccarbon.bandcamp.com/releases
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/manic-carbon/sets/the-sun-is-gone-the-moons-off-too

Last edited:

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
That's pretty cool.
Love the dreamy vibes.
Sounds a bit like a gorillaz-demo mixed with animal collective.

OP, could you update the thread when the album drops and maybe link it somehow.

PS:you're mom's cool

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
yoooo sadsic, didn't realize you'd made it over to the new site.

glad to see you're still making dope music 🙏

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Cool concept, and I like the execution as well, the dreamy vibes were cool, and the changing of personalities, that theme always resonates with me.

It was just kinda hard to understand the lyrics, but maybe that is a staple of this genre of music? I dug the melody tho.

Good job!

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
No offense intended but JPEGMAFIA's song about the old place edges it out for me:

Nah j/k I actually really like the song, and anything that references Elephant 6 and videogames is an amazing venn diagram. <3 Getting early Caribou vibes (Manitoba era).

Oct 27, 2017
The song's missing some quintessential resetera themes like pooping, eating like a human and butt stuff. other than that its pretty cool i guess

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Ok, who's account is this?
zNrDZWE.png

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvOCXJr8-Okw117uZ0cO4Gw
It's clear you used that beautiful woman of color as a racial token to make your cornbread cac music video more 'exotic'. That's all brown, black, and yellow bodies are good for to you people: to aggrandize your own self at the labor expense of black, yellow, brown, and sometimes y bodies. Notice how she isn't singing or contributing in any way except to accompany you like a leashed dog at the heel of your command. You aint' slick.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
zNrDZWE.png

It's clear you used that beautiful woman of color as a racial token to make your cornbread cac music video more 'exotic'. That's all brown, black, and yellow bodies are good for to you people: to aggrandize your own self at the labor expense of black, yellow, brown, and sometimes y bodies. Notice how she isn't singing or contributing in any way except to accompany you like a leashed dog at the heel of your command. You aint' slick.
That comment was 6 minutes old when you posted, so, yours, probably.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did you move out west? I always thought you were on the east coast.

Anyway, good work!

OP
OP
Sadsic

Sadsic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
zNrDZWE.png

Just to note, the asian woman in the video is the bassist's girlfriend and did contribute vocals to the album; as well she has her own musical output you can see here:

I also mixed and mastered that EP

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you make a lyrics version?

I have no idea what you are saying. Sounds good tho.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Greetings Reset Era,

I am Sadsic, I posted at the other place a lot in the before times and have been making electronic music for like 10 years - I joined a band named "Manic Carbon" in the last year or so with a bunch of my music friends and we have a debut album coming out later this month. Ahead of the album, we released a song today called "The Reset Era" that's like a sort of weird psych pop lowkey banger with a cheapo music video you can see here:

It's about like my trials and tribulations with mental illness but under the guise of video games and video game forums; I started working on it shortly after this forum opened and it slowly turned into this kinda epic monstrosity with like 6 vocalists that's maybe comparable to something by like The Olivia Tremor Control or Circulatory System but with a more 2010s pop framework. I thought it was fairly relevant to post and maybe you guys would like it

Lemme know if it actually sucks but i think its cool, my mom says im cool

Spotify Link: https://open.spotify.com/album/7p1vgBrN0zz4qNDZu354Vo?si=gwrbbsvdRNydMFdOTt9uvg

The album is also called "The Sun is Gone, and the Moon's Off Too" and should be out 10/25 on all the streaming places

Love your shit man

I've been listening since blue light special keep it up I'm hyped for your next release

OP
OP
Sadsic

Sadsic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Love your shit man

I've been listening since blue light special keep it up I'm hyped for your next release

Thanks - the album we have coming is pretty great I think, and is sort of a culmination of a lot of different musical aspects between my band members and I. It has at least 5 different lead vocalists depending on the song, some of which is also just straight up hip hop. It's like some sort of Brockhampton/Superorganism/Animal Collective hybrid album made by a bunch of internet chums who haven't even all met in person yet so i think it's just sort of a unique, weird thing that doesn't really define itself easily

I also have like some solo album on the backburner that could come out maybe next year at some point

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
The mixing is terrible, couldn't understand a single lyric and the music in front was eh.

Lyrics
OP
OP
Sadsic

Sadsic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Cool concept, and I like the execution as well, the dreamy vibes were cool, and the changing of personalities, that theme always resonates with me.

It was just kinda hard to understand the lyrics, but maybe that is a staple of this genre of music? I dug the melody tho.

Good job!
Can you make a lyrics version?

I have no idea what you are saying. Sounds good tho.
Couldn't understand much of the lyrics but the music is legit
Do you have lyrics for the song? :)
The mixing is terrible, couldn't understand a single lyric and the music in front was eh.

Lyrics:

2. The Reset Era

Reset, reset, reset

A sunny glow in our paradise

Brings us back to better days

That funny way you levitate

Makes me feel like something strange

Dream of our self

We are all one

That feeling of unreal

The image, sound are none

Reset, reset, reset

We say the sun will stay

Summer songs shake out the glow (and find you)

Breathing downward without dark below (instills that)

We are the truth you imitate (and when the)

The dream has you, yet again (then we should)

Dream of our self

We are all one

That feeling of unreal

The image, sound are none

Reset, reset, reset

We say the sun is gone

(We say the sun will stay)

We drink the fallen stars

(We save the golden one)

We save the sun, we save the sun, we save the sun, we save the sun