• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
I barely drink any alcohol. Like once or twice a year and mostly light stuff.

On the last day at work for 2020, my boss brought Moonshine and I have never tasted it so I took 3 shots and got drunk. How pathetic is that?

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I'll trade tolerances with you.

Kiss your bank account goodbye.

No, but really, that's to be expected if you don't drink often. Not pathetic at all.

My recommendation is to try to keep that low tolerance...alcohol has been known to become habit forming at times.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Same for me. I don't really get into full drunk mode, though, so I get buzzed quickly and hold that for the night with minimal expenses and damage. If I drink at all.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
3 shots of any spirit rated higher than 40% alcohol will get anyone a bit merry.
Real moonshine can be twice as strong. So you did well!

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird, I love having a low tolerance for a lot of the reasons above. Less money needed, less drinking needed to get a buzz, less water needed afterwards to not wakeup with a headache or bathroom visits

AFI-kun

Oct 31, 2017
Just drink gallons of water in between every shot and you'll be fine. My tolerance definitely isn't what it once was, it DOES get you to the fun part much quicker (and much cheaper) but you also get to the painful hangover part much faster so....hard to say if it's a win.

Oct 27, 2017
I barely drink any alcohol. Like once or twice a year and mostly light stuff.

On the last day at work for 2020, my boss brought Moonshine and I have never tasted it so I took 3 shots and got drunk. How pathetic is that?

If the moonshine was fairly close to 100% alcohol, then that's like taking 5-6 straight shots of whisky. If you do that in a short-medium timeframe...yeah, that'll get you drunk. Also, who cares? Anyone who would judge you for not being able to "hold your liquor" is a moron.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Three shots of moonshine? Lmao. I've gotten legit drunk on a quarter of a bottle of Stella Artois. You're lightweight for a lightweight.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I also have low alcohol tolerance.
Outside of wine coolers for the buzz, I don't enjoy getting drunk and it's saved me a lot of money/trouble.

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing pathetic about how anyone feels or is affected by any alcohol.

Unless you act like an idiot after drinking.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
If you don't drink much and you had moonshine then yea you'd get drunk extremely quickly. Hell, people who're used to drinking are gonna succumb to that shot. 😅

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
XxtUOuMdKVUO6jsK8qyprYinp-Y=.gif

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Thats a good thing. It's not something to brag about how much you can drink. Like damn, that's damage to you're liver your proud of, person.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Nothing to be ashamed of. Just know your limit and be responsible. Plus, you're talking about moonshine which would put most people on their ass in no time.

OP
OP
T-Virus

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
Moonshine was 87% btw. It felt like I had a dragon breathing fire inside my throat lol

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
If they still made Bacardi 151 I'd still be starting bar brawls even in a pandemic. Sadly they don't and most bars don't serve ever clear shots. Still moonshine is a creature so don't feel bad about it.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, my tolerance is pretty high, but I would definitely feel three shots of 87%

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
I have acute alcohol intolerance. My liver can't break it down at all, it's straight poison. If I drink at all, I end up vomiting until my stomach is empty, and if it gets into my system, I could go into shock according to my doctor.

Can't smoke anything either since I had a lung collapse when I was 18. I jokingly call myself biologically viceless, but really, I'm not a fan of alterants anyway. It's a blessing in disguise. Immune to peer pressure, haha.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
Right there with you OP.

I smoke hella 420 but alcohol? Rarely.

Had moonshine for the first time in ATL last year, Dont know how i made it back to the Airbnb that night.

RedSonja

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly, tolerance is a bad thing with drink. Stay away from the demon's brew. It's never worth waking up and feeling like shit.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm the same. Had a rum and coke last night and immediately got tipsy. Didn't even have that much rum in it.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'm a lightweight as well OP. Back in college there was always some ribbing about it, but now that I'm older I'm much happier to get buzzed while spending next to nothing.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
I'm a lightweight with beer but can knock back white wine with the best of them, it's quite odd.