• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
You damn kids need to get off my lawn.

Honestly it's only as big a deal as you make it be. In the end it's just a number and despite what some would tell you, your life doesn't drastically change the instant you cross that threshold.

I will say that I'm glad I was still a kid in the 90's. Probably the best decade for it.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I turned 30 this past May. It's aight. Honestly don't feel 30 mentally lol. I'm still a kid at heart.
In my experience, 30 is when you start to realize the majority of people you've known who are "mature adults" in your eyes, are actually clown shoes morons and you wonder how they ever got where they are, sometimes wondering how they even manage to operate on a daily basis.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Born in 84.

Welcome to your 30s, the time in your life you start using your health insurance more than one or two times a month.

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy it, 30's went by in a blink of a fucking eye. I turn 40 next year...for some reason I think that is going to go faster. 20's took AGES.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Welcome. The 30s ain't so bad. 34 and still feel pretty young. My back can't really put up with skateboarding anymore, other than that I feel as good, if not better, as ever.

My best advice for those exiting their 20s would be to start eating well. Perhaps cut down on the booze. Makes a huge difference.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I also agree with everyone that I am in much better shape now then I was in for the majority of my 20s so getting to 30, I feel way better than I did at 20 tbh, but tbf I was very overweight until quite recently.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
That was a complete non-event to me. Ageing in general is; it happens to us all. Instead of wallowing in despair about arbitrary numbers just live your life.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My 30s were the best years of my life, young ones. Live it up! You still have your youth but you have wisdom and knowledge in spades. Be badass.

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
October baby! One month left.

Physically I wish I was in a better spot. Im average build with a bit of a belly and Still need to consistently workout and keep in shape which I've been really bad at. Hair will probably be in a sad state by the end of this year. It's thinning rapidly buuuuut I'm ready to shave it off. Not yet though, Just enjoying my hair days now while I can.

Work wise. Its not the most stable job in the world in terms of longevity, but it's good enough money that I can pay my monthly responsibilities and still have a chunk to save and another to spend. That alone makes me happy to accept the big 3-0 with open arms. It's made me look at my wealth differently. When I used to make way less I'd just spend what I make every month. I wish I realized the reward and satisfaction of saving way sooner. Save the fuck up right now, young ones!

Relationship? If it wasn't for covid I'd say it's going great. But it's long distance and at times it feels fucking hopeless, not gonna lie. Really nothing much to do but to wait and keeping it alive as best as we can. Hanging in there...

BTW Thanks for asking OP. Brilliant thread.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Eh almost there. Spent all my 20s poor and in school so here's hoping 30's will be a decade of that delayed gratification

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing about the 30s so far is pain that doesn't go away after sleeping it off.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
One year to go.

My complaints are dismissed because my partner is older than me by eight years and my sister by three.

I'm just so comfortable being the youngest person in the room. I need to grow up. :P

Jun 22, 2019
In my experience, 30 is when you start to realize the majority of people you've known who are "mature adults" in your eyes, are actually clown shoes morons and you wonder how they ever got where they are, sometimes wondering how they even manage to operate on a daily basis.

This is so real.

I'm still a year off, but I've recently started to feel this. I've always suspected it, but only now have I started to viscerally sense it, and it will likely only become a stronger and stronger feeling within the next few years.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 52. I dreaded hitting my 30's but looking back they were some of the best years of my life. It's when I finally felt like an adult and everything began to make sense

30's Era don't despair (who am I kidding)! You're entering the prime of your lives

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1MOZJpi.jpg

Wireframe

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Turned 31 last month. It's weird, I know I'm getting older, but I still feel like I did a decade ago. I think staying active and a good diet helps a ton.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I'm in the best shape of my life, actually bothering to learn how to drive, and trying to at least do some kind of dating so I think I'm doing pretty good for myself compared to my 20s

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
at 30 I'm making the most I've ever made money wise, in the best shape of my life health wise, and in love with a beautiful woman who I met this year.

I'm doing pretty good

This was my experience, and I'm sad that it can't be everyone's. Ideally, your 20's are a foundational decade where you become educated, find a career, a partner, develop skills and hobbies, start saving money and being financially sound. If you take care of yourself in your 20's, your 30's should be a great 10 years. I'm a few years in and they've been amongst the best years of my life.

The thing I struggle with maintaining is my fitness. If I slack off, it shows. I'm shit at dieting, so I try overcompensating with exercise.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I'm 34 and it's really the same shit. It's weird getting older and I always think do I feeeeeel this age, how is this age supposed to feel? Mentally I still feel in that same hazy area between like 16 and 25. You have new experiences learn things, get new debt etc. But at least the older I get the more you realize at a certain point it's just life and the mile stones don't really mean anything. It's what happens to you in life that anchors you, for good or ill.

I only really start to feel my age around teenagers when you really start to see the gulf of years and experience.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My body is deteriorating more quickly than I would like. Injuries or even DOMS take longer to heal.

I'm on medication now for some underlying health conditions and probably will be for the rest of my life.

OP
OP
julia crawford

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Actually i'm not really afraid of my thirties and it will definitely be the best years of my life so far. I started a new career just before turning 29 and i'm actually doing what i love and being well paid for it for once in my life. Which is already much better than when i turned twenty, with the world deep into the subprime crisis depression.

septmbrvrywn

Dec 3, 2018
Paris, France
My 30th is in October. I think I'm fine with it, but then I also think I'm not. I feel like I haven't done as much as I should have by now even though I know that's just society's bullshit standards and doesn't mean anything. I have a great job, I bought my first place last year, I'm all good. But you know, compared to where my parents were at this point I feel like I'm behind.

But also this.
Feelin you man
Turning 29 next month and while I also bought my first apt this year and got a new (better) job, I'm still trying to find someone to settle with. And the more I get old the more I feel that social pressure of being in a relationship and having kids around 30-33 which doesn't look good atm lol

But hey whatever comes for us thing will fall in place naturally and it will be awesome.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I turned 30 a few weeks ago as well. Feels weird when I think about it. I remember being 18 and thinking 30 was forever from now.

What a stupid fuck I was.

Honestly though it came and went without much existential dread. 29 seemed to go way worse for whatever reason. It really is just a number in most ways.

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Turning 32 next month and I definitely feel that the whole "30s are great!" sentiment ringing true (this is largely helped by being financially secure and making headway into my fitness goals). You never know what's gonna happen (Chadwick Boseman's death is a stark reminder of this) so enjoy your life as best you can, age be damned.