• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Finished this up last night after basically mainlining the game for the past few days. Absolutely loved it. I played on normal, which was probably just a touch to easy at times - especially as you learn some of the methods on how to stack attacks or cheese the EMP weapon mod/abilities for the later encounters. Even then though, if things went sideways they could escalate really quickly making for those classic panicked encounters where you are scrambling from fire to fire - but coming off of Ashen and BELOW - this relatively smooth progressive difficulty curve was so very welcome.

The combat really just sang for me. The mutant abilities were fun to play with, and gave each character a different enough feel that I enjoyed using them all depending on the situation. Although, after I got Farrow I pretty much just stuck with Dux, Bormin and her. The combo of being able to open with a guarantee critical with her and Dux, then if needed either finish off with Bormin - or use Hogrush to knock the enemy out and go another round - was just too powerful (and fun!). I wonder if some hardcore tactical strategy people would find it lacking, but for me it was just the right level of unfolding complexity.

The exploration aspects were interesting, although I would have liked more dialogue commenting on the world - as the times it does pop up I thought it added so much more color to the game. More dialogue in general would have been nice - I honestly enjoyed Dux and Bormin's banter when it happened, and the rare time all three team members chatted it was generally gold. For a game whose style initially turned me way off, I basically turned completely around on it after just a few minutes.

But really, the game's silver bullet is the stealth/hidden mechanics. They add this great wrinkle to the tactics. Obviously with the way you approach each encounter, but also encouraging scouting ahead to see just what else and who else is around. More than once I'd press on past a solo enemy, or a duo, and find that just out of ear shot would be a medical robot who would have rushed in and alerted everyone. Or that there was an great vantage point ahead where I could get some height on the encounter. It felt like such a natural extension of the tactical combat you know, because what's more tactical than knowledge of the battlefield, along with dividing and conquering. The rush I initially felt after finishing my first section without alerting anyone was honestly a high point in games this year for me.

It's not a perfect game - there are some technical issues on the Xbox issue. The frame rate seems unstable with the odd hitch here and there, sometimes sightlines for enemies make no sense, the audio lines would often immediately repeat, and at one point near the end the game just started to blare out static in random patterns. And as I mentioned, at times it does seem the game (on normal) is a tad too easy, but the developers right up front say that Normal is not the intended way to play. Later on as you are hunting to scrap and gun parts to upgrade stuff, revisiting older areas can be a bit of slog due to the general slow nature of the characters and how hard it can be to pick out the shiny bits you are looking for since so many of the world's surfaces are reflective and shiny as well.

But honestly, those are mostly nitpicks - or things that are easily overlooked. Would I have liked a better, more stable frame rate? Sure, of course. Does it actually impact the gameplay at all? No. And what is here, is something that felt really very special. Fingers crossed this does well enough for some DLC, and a sequel - as I feel like there are a lot of ideas here that could be blown out even bigger, or refined even more to deliver something even better.

Highly recommended, it's a great game.

ETA: Sorry for the wall of text. I apparently had a lot to say about this one.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I'd highly recommend this game to anyone that thinks they may enjoy any strategy or turn based gameplay. I'm playing on normal and it's actually easy on normal once you figure out how things work and some basic tips. Does not take any high level tactics to beat it there. At first it seemed overwhelmingly difficult but as soon as I understood the core gameplay loop, not that hard at all. You'll stealth your way and avoid some encounters early in order to find upgraded weapons and gear in highly rated areas. Then you can go back and kill off those enemies to level up.

There is still not enough scraps or weapon parts IMO and that why its hard...half the scraps you find need to be spent on Medkits and you get even less weapon parts then scraps...since the ennemy dont respawn,even on normal,you cantreally ''grind'' for anything...also whish you could be a 4 member team instead of only just 3...there is too many ennemies compared to you as well,they hide well,some do chain attacks and now I am at a part where they can shock you for like 3 to 4 turns...? I mean c'mon,10 guys with a shaman,a med bot,enforcers that fly on top of buses to shoot you for double damage against 3 of us...I have never restarted fights thismany times in a Srpg and I have been playing since the first Shining Force.

The difficulty is fucked up,plain and simple.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
There is still not enough scraps or weapon parts IMO and that why its hard...half the scraps you find need to be spent on Medkits and you get even less weapon parts then scraps...since the ennemy dont respawn,even on normal,you cnt really ''grind'' for anything...also whish you could be a 4 member team instead of only just 3...there is too many ennemies compared to you as well,they hide well,some do chain attacks and now I am at a part where they can shock you for like 3 to 4 turns...? I mean c'mon,10 guys with a shaman,a med bot,enforcers that fly on top of buses to shoot you for double damage against 3 of us...I have never restarted a fight this many times in a Srpg and I have been playing since the first Shining Force.

You're playing on hard though...right? In normal, barely have to use med kits since everyone returns to full health after a win.

Dannerz

Dec 19, 2017
There is still not enough scraps or weapon parts IMO and that why its hard...half the scraps you find need to be spent on Medkits and you get even less weapon parts then scraps...since the ennemy dont respawn,even on normal,you cantreally ''grind'' for anything...also whish you could be a 4 member team instead of only just 3...there is too many ennemies compared to you as well,they hide well,some do chain attacks and now I am at a part where they can shock you for like 3 to 4 turns...? I mean c'mon,10 guys with a shaman,a med bot,enforcers that fly on top of buses to shoot you for double damage against 3 of us...I have never restarted fights thismany times in a Srpg and I have been playing since the first Shining Force.

You only need many medkits if you are taking too many hits. You will waste all your funds if you aren't stealth killing. Don't blame the game for your own failures. The game is designed around stealth killing and choosing your battles. Ignore this fact and you will fail.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
One tip as you begin to level up...choose skills that give you either more action points or disable enemies. For example, using the bullrush to knock someone down doesn't alert enemies. Gives you 2 rounds to fire silenced shots into an enemy. Combine that with a couple team members who get extra action points so that you can fire off 2 shots in 1 round and suddenly you can take a lot of swings at an enemy before they can alert anyone.

I'm only playing on normal but since learning this, I'm taking out squads much higher ranked than me without using med packs or grenades. When you're forced to engage more than one enemy at a time, bullrush and knock down the one that will cause the most trouble. Once you're no longer worried about noise, can use that broomstick with a double shot and really take down a lot of health in 1 turn.

Also get comfortable with exploiting the lack of enemy AI (which is my only complaint). If you're firing on an enemy outside of their notification circle, you won't alert their teammates even if you're in their line of sight and kind of close. I've killed enemies not far from other enemies and they don't notice anything even when they walk back in the direction where there friend once lived. No concerns about hiding bodies as far as I can tell.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Also get comfortable with exploiting the lack of enemy AI (which is my only complaint). If you're firing on an enemy outside of their notification circle, you won't alert their teammates even if you're in their line of sight and kind of close. I've killed enemies not far from other enemies and they don't notice anything even when they walk back in the direction where there friend once lived. No concerns about hiding bodies as far as I can tell.

This is really key advice for some of the groups that seem larger. While, I appreciated it from a gameplay perspective, it was a bit immersion breaking to be killing an enemy's buddy in full sight of him and not having him alerted - simply because I didn't step inside their circle of awareness. The game will also tell you if you are going to alert new enemies, so pay attention to that when moving around and taking on these closer knit groups. But you _totally_ can take out a group that seems really close together - one at a time.

Bonus tips:
Always pick off the straglers, and watch to see if people wander away from a group. Most times, at least on normal, when there were 3 or 4 people - 2 of them would wander off where you could easily 1v3 them. Using perks that push your crits higher when hidden can help make that initial attack sting, and then bullrushing them to knock them down gives you that second round of hits as well.

Oh, and when you find a group of people get close to them - sometimes they start talking amongst one another, and after the dialogue is finished they'll start patroling on their own - again making them easy to pick off.

MedBots, at least in my experience, were ALWAYS far enough away from the group to be dealt with 1v3. They were actually how I figured out the bullrush technique because I couldn't do enough damage to take them out in one go, and using an EMP grenade alerts everyone. But as far as I can remember they should always been farish from the rest of the group to where you can engage them solo and just abuse the hog rush after your two other team mates fire. There are also weapon attachments that you can get which give you a 50% chance of an EMP bullet on each shot. Make sure you have that attached to one of your silent weapons and fire it first to see if you will need to do the bull rush thing instead ot knock our robots.

Weapon upgrading is nice, but it really only adds 1 point of damage each level. The big jumps in damage came from finding new versions of those weapons. That being said, being semi thorough in scouring for scrap and weapon parts in each area after clearing it - I found enough to get 5 weapons to level 3 before the end of the game, and that was with putting some weapon parts into other weapons I stopped using because the new version was simply that much better. The big differences come from the weapon attachments - making your shotgun have a longer range, adding dramatically increasing critical hits, adding fire to weapon (which does 1 tick of damage each turn, so it adds up on those bigger tank enemies)

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
You're playing on hard though...right? In normal, barely have to use med kits since everyone returns to full health after a win.

Nah I am playing on normal...I am up to the part where you meet the fox girl but instad of doing that section,I think I will go try the scraplands(with the foxgirl)and come back here after...thanks for the tips guys.

Last edited:

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm finally getting into this game, and liking it. But what is the best way to deal with Medbots early game? It feels so BS that not only can they resurrect a guy seemingly unlimited times (any way to stop that? Fire?), the main issue I have is that the newly resurrected enemy gets a full turn immediately! So he will come back to life because I don't have enough firepower to take the Medbot out (can you shred armor?), and then the new enemy will sometimes even get a hit on one of my squad.

Also, is it worth it to buy armor from the vendor at the Ark? I can afford two more sets, but if I will find them in missions relatively quickly it seems like it may be a waste.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Stealth, man. I rarely fight more than three dudes at a time. I had a fight today that was four (a tank, a master and two gun dudes) and the trick all came down to using my powers properly. Took over a gun dude to keep the tank busy, roots stasised two enemies to keep them busy while I killed the tank, then hog rushed the master, took out the other gun dude and finished the master off. Felt really good to have thought about the encounter and what I could do around it. This was after picking off about six other encounters with stealth. I like how the pyros are quiet with their attacks so you can take them out in two rounds if necessary.

Bloody amazing game.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Hog rush + run n gun is so broken. You can basically stealth kill anything in thr game because you get three turns to just dump on them w silent weapons.

It's arguably too easy to manipulate rng, imo. I'm not going to say how many times I've reloaded a save to get that 20% emp on a med bot.

Ps fuck med bots.

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally getting into this game, and liking it. But what is the best way to deal with Medbots early game? It feels so BS that not only can they resurrect a guy seemingly unlimited times (any way to stop that? Fire?), the main issue I have is that the newly resurrected enemy gets a full turn immediately! So he will come back to life because I don't have enough firepower to take the Medbot out (can you shred armor?), and then the new enemy will sometimes even get a hit on one of my squad.

Also, is it worth it to buy armor from the vendor at the Ark? I can afford two more sets, but if I will find them in missions relatively quickly it seems like it may be a waste.
For the medbots I put those EMP chance mods on all of my silenced weapons and waited to engage them in stealth. You can whittle them down over a couple of rounds and maintain stealth even in the later missions.

Don't waste your resources on armor. There's plenty of it around the maps.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

Knock back works great in cancelling the medbots res ability. You get a launcher weapon early on that basically fires a ball at enemies and always knocks them back, it's super useful at keeping a medbot locked down as he will just keep trying to res even if you keep cancelling it.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
New Xbox One update.

Dear Stalkers,

We have rolled out another patch for the Xbox One version of Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden to fix several critical bugs that have been reported by the community.

The El Generator Artifact can now be collected! The camera should no longer jump around during combat! You can also skip the opening Splash Screens, if you want!

See below for the full patch notes:

Changelog:
Critical Fixes

• Fix for player duplication bug.
Bug Fixes

• Fix for unusable empty save sessions.
  • Fixes for weapon mod range bonus.
  • Jumping camera issues for some users should be fixed.
  • Fix for El Generator Artifact can be collected even though the Z600 is still 'alive'.
  • Splash Screen Skip now possible when game is fully loaded.
Balance Fixes

• Artifacts are no longer destructible in the Forbidden City and House of Bones.

PS4 as well.
Dear Stalkers,
We have rolled out another patch for the PS4 version of Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden to fix several critical bugs that have been reported by the community.
The El Generator Artifact can now be collected! The camera should no longer jump around during combat! You can also skip the opening Splash Screens, if you want!
See below for the full patch notes:
Changelog:
Critical Fixes
  • Fix for player duplication bug.
Bug Fixes
  • Fix for unusable empty save sessions.
  • Fixes for weapon mod range bonus.
  • Jumping camera issues for some users should be fixed.
  • Fix for El Generator Artifact can be collected even though the Z600 is still 'alive'.
  • Splash Screen Skip now possible when game is fully loaded.
Balance Fixes
  • Artifacts are no longer destructible in the Forbidden City and House of Bones.

Last edited:

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
I really enjoyed this game, Stealth mechanics don't work well in turn based strategy games, as it difficult to get the right balance IMO having played Mutant, Phantom Doctorine and Jagged Alliance : Rage the last few months.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed this game, Stealth mechanics don't work well in turn based strategy games, as it difficult to get the right balance IMO having played Mutant, Phantom Doctorine and Jagged Alliance : Rage the last few months.

Stealth in Phantom Doctrine is good especially with silenced guns and the breach mechanic.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017

Look, I'm not saying it's a cakewalk, but no one should have these troubles on Normal difficulty. If you need a lot of medkits on NORMAL, where after every encounter your team is fully healed and abilities reset, you must be doing something absolutely wrong in your approach to these engagements.

At no point should you be fighting 10 guys. If there's a Shaman, take him out first. On normal, especially, there's simply no way you don't ambush a Shaman 100% of the time and take him out.

There are items and abilities to deal with chock attacks. Spread out and it can't jump. Use smoke grenades to protect downed members.

There are three distinct technology levels of each class of weapon... except the silenced ones, so feel free to upgrade those without fear of wasting weapon parts. Break down weapons once they're obsolete. Every little helps.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck does it turn your flashlight on after a fight!? I am going around stealth killing mother fuckers and after every kill it takes me a second to realize why everyone is being drawing to me and remember to turn my light back off.

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I've put a ton of time into this game and am at level 40 right now. Once I realized how the hide mechanics worked, the game clicked. Absolutely love it, one of my favorite games of the year... my only complaint is that I wish there were more meat to the story. It has also motivated me to get around to playing the newer tactical games that I've skipped this gen and last (XCOM, Mario Rabbids, Phantom Doctrine, etc).

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I got to some point where you see the first med bot and I feel like the difficulty curve just went way up. Like I can't even kill the medbot before one of my three members is already dead. It's a section with a dude patrolling on top of a bridge. Am I doing something wrong?

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
Going to start this on the weekend. Is there a consensus on Normal or Hard?

I didn't really have much experience with recent turn-based games like this... so I went normal, and I died a lot in the beginning before everything clicked. If you're a turn-based veteran, I can see Hard being the way to go... but the game is difficult out of the box even on normal.

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
I got to some point where you see the first med bot and I feel like the difficulty curve just went way up. Like I can't even kill the medbot before one of my three members is already dead. It's a section with a dude patrolling on top of a bridge. Am I doing something wrong?

You should be able to peel the medbot from the group to thin out the numbers a bit. What level are you? Do you have Bormin's hog rush ability unlocked or any emp grenades?

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have hug rush and no EMPs. I really haven't explored at at. I just mainlined so I doubt my level is super high.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Knock back works great in cancelling the medbots res ability. You get a launcher weapon early on that basically fires a ball at enemies and always knocks them back, it's super useful at keeping a medbot locked down as he will just keep trying to res even if you keep cancelling it.

Ok this worked great on the medbots, it can certainly stall them a bit, thanks for the tip!

Still trying to get into this game, but having a tough go of it. The idea seems to be that you stealth around, and take out guys one at a time whenever you can. Which is fine, and I enjoy doing that.

The problem is, I am not even that far into the game, and the patrols are rarely 8 hp single enemies. Usually it is a 16hp hunter or sometimes a pyro or shaman. I've upgraded my weapons all to level 2, all 3 team members have silenced weapons, and it simply isn't enough firepower to take down a 16hp enemy in a single round... doubly so if they have armor. I'm just not sure what I seem to be missing, is there some other strategy for these types of enemies?

For example, I am at the docks now, and I circled the entire perimeter and took out all of the weaker 8 hp guys silently, and this worked perfectly. Now the next enemy is a totally isolated Sect Hunter, with 16hp. And I simply can't take him out, even when I get extremely lucky and land multiple crits on him. If he's got even 1 hp left (which is always), he yells out an alert and the entire rest of the zone (including Brother whats-his-name with 26hp and 3 armor!) run over and wreck my face.

Even on easy mode, enemies appear to hit me easily and my team is just very weak in terms of health. Anything except high cover is totally worthless, especially against hunters.

I've cleared every map and done every optional thing I can see up to this point, so I can't imagine how my team could be more powerful or better equipped. I mean, obviously there is a way, because many of you are much further than this, and on harder difficulties as well. But none of the X-Com's or DLC gave me this much trouble or forced me to retry so often from a team wipe

Time to watch some youtube strats I guess... I can somehow conquer X-Com on Classic mode, I can't let this game beat me!

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017

You just need to try different things,save like crazy for one,when I found some weapon parts and scraps I saved lol...and dont say many of you finished this,just look at the achievements on the XBox...most of them from meeting Selma on out have a diamond besides it,meaning less then 10% of people got this,and this is like halfway through the game lol...its hard.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I didn't realize that was half of the game. Maybe I should go back and explore more of the areas.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize that was half of the game. Maybe I should go back and explore more of the areas.

Oh no Selma is maybe 1/3 in sorry for the confusion but yeah,its worth going back to all the places you been before,I found 4 dogs I hadnt kill,some scraps and weapon parts and even 2 level 45 dogs,I was level 21 I think but they where alone so I saved and tried them and beat them.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Recruiting Selma is still an early part of the game. If I'm counting this right there are still
locations to go (including the optional ones). And yep, fully exploring all of the locations is highly recommended. No new enemies should appear so it shouldn't take long to look everywhere and collect loot.

Going to start this on the weekend. Is there a consensus on Normal or Hard?

Pick hard if you've played XCOM2 or other more demanding turn based titles, pick normal otherwise. You can also change the difficulty later on (except for turning ironman on/off).

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
The problem is, I am not even that far into the game, and the patrols are rarely 8 hp single enemies. Usually it is a 16hp hunter or sometimes a pyro or shaman. I've upgraded my weapons all to level 2, all 3 team members have silenced weapons, and it simply isn't enough firepower to take down a 16hp enemy in a single round... doubly so if they have armor. I'm just not sure what I seem to be missing, is there some other strategy for these types of enemies?

Hog rush. It's almost game breaking when you get that ability, which should be early on in Bormin's abilities. It will knock out every enemy, except for the tanks, for one turn. So when you have those isolated guys, with more HP than you can clear in a single go - you do two shots from your team, hog rush to knock them out, then three more rounds of free firing on them.

Also, keep in mind that if you finish a fight in a 1v3 scenario - and don't trigger any adds - the cool downs on all your abilities reset. So if its the matter of using an ability to kill a guy, or saving it - USE IT. That's how I was able to use Hog Rush on ever single 1v3 encounter, because it resets as soon as the fight is over.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'll take a look and check my level. I'm fairly sure I'm not even level 10 with any of my chars.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Hog rush. It's almost game breaking when you get that ability, which should be early on in Bormin's abilities. It will knock out every enemy, except for the tanks, for one turn. So when you have those isolated guys, with more HP than you can clear in a single go - you do two shots from your team, hog rush to knock them out, then three more rounds of free firing on them.

Also, keep in mind that if you finish a fight in a 1v3 scenario - and don't trigger any adds - the cool downs on all your abilities reset. So if its the matter of using an ability to kill a guy, or saving it - USE IT. That's how I was able to use Hog Rush on ever single 1v3 encounter, because it resets as soon as the fight is over.

Right, ok, so that mostly worked! I was able to take down a 16hp guy using that tactic. However, the cooldowns don't seem to reset? I definitely killed him in a single round, I hit with Serena and Dux (silenced), then charge + run and gun with Bormin, and finished him off with the glass gun when he was down. But none of my cooldowns reset, did I do it wrong? Or there were a bunch of patches this morning, I did see people were saying Hog Rush was pretty OP, maybe they changed it to not reset after victory?

But anyway, after using that tip I was able to mostly isolate Brother Bodin and take him out! That dude does a lot of damage. Also found a video with some more general tips:

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
Hardest battle for me on Hard was the area with the El Generator Artifact. Also the very final battle.

edit: Would definitely buy Mutant 2. Maybe with a more in depth story/lore. I have a feeling this sold pretty decently.

I found the difficulty on Hard to be pretty damn perfectly balanced, especially if you loot the hell out of areas and upgrade weapons wisely, and take out single roaming enemies via stealth until they become too high level for your weak-ish stealth weapons.

Didn't play many games this year, but this is still my GOTY despite the abrupt ending.

I actually felt it was a tad too LONG - Steam logged me at 35 hours @ completion. However, this was on Hard mode and I do have some OCD tendencies resulting in me checking every nook and cranny of the map for loot. I also re-loaded saves countless times to wipe a group with maximum efficiency. However, I can see people completing this in 12-15 hrs on Normal at normal pace w/o much save reloading and using a ton of medkits.

Great game.

Last edited:

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat the game, that was really good. I'd be up for some dlc or even a full on sequel.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I cheesed the
lux
fight so bad. I opened the door and grabbed the artifact and then fast traveled out before he aggrod, then returned through the front door. The ai cant really deal with aggro from that far of a distance, so they all just ran back and forth until one of my characters got close enough to pull them into an ambush one at a time.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Despite the last 2 fixes my critical bug still isn't fixed. My game always shuts down by opening a chest. I only can workaround this by doing a hard reset so the console temporal memory gets deleted. Then I can play until the 2nd next chest I open. That is a little bit of annoying. I now have moved my install from my external to my internal drive and hopefully this will have a positive effect. If not I will stop playing until there is a fix for this in place.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Love the look and feel of this game. I saw a Let's play of this game of someone that is a professed xcom player on nitemare and he was struggling the first few levels.

The game reminds me a bit of gamma
World.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Loving this so much, feels like I'm playing Diablo 2 with Xcombat. Heavy stealth aspect is great as you scope out the bad guys and set up before a fight, although it was fairly easy on hard until the silent weapons became redundant (although the boop gun against med-bots was a great tip).
Parts feel a bit unbalanced though, some of the abilities are useless, like the robot disable which has awful odds always, and others are rendered useless by being in the same category as better abilities. The store is p pointless so far, I'm lv34 and I've bought maybe two med kits and a hand grenade. Love that you're encouraged to explore high level areas though, and now that I'm being forced more and more into taking on tons of guys at once it's really getting going.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I just unlocked the fourth character... How crucial/essential is he?

I'm the kind of person that gets hit by anxiety when he unlocks a fourth character in a 3 character party game lol.

Does the fourth (unused) character still gets XP while you play with the other 3?

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK

I'm the kind of person that gets hit by anxiety when he unlocks a fourth character in a 3 character party game lol.

Does the fourth (unused) character still gets XP while you play with the other 3?
Yeah, everybody earns mutation points when you level up.

Magnus has some interesting abilities, but I use Selma/ character 5 more.

I think I'm close to endgame now (heading to FC), save doesn't seem to track but I must be around 20 hours. Shame there's not more people playing this.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, everybody earns mutation points when you level up.

Magnus has some interesting abilities, but I use Selma/ character 5 more.

I think I'm close to endgame now (heading to FC), save doesn't seem to track but I must be around 20 hours. Shame there's not more people playing this.
Ok cool, thanks!

Well at least if they all level up at the same rythm then it's not too bad. I just wish I didn't dismantle all my extra guns litterally 20min before I got him haha.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Playing last night I did find it pretty funny how the 4th character is unceremoniously dumped on you compared to Selma.

m23

Oct 25, 2017

I think he's the one with the ability to mind control. That was essential for me in one battle.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Just finished this tonight, absolutely loved it. My biggest surprise on 2018 and up there in my GOTY list.

Big fan of the stealth mechanics. Speccing all my gear and skills into crit became so satisfying picking off stragglers along with mechanical disables.

The super late in the year release date has done the game no favors - it feels like it's flying under the radar of many. Great combat, satisfying stealth, awesome premise / setting albeit abrupt ending.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I was desperate and without medkits so I used Borman's corpse eater ability at the only thing in range.

"If I knew you tasted this good I would have done this a long time ago" .

Poor Dux.

The magic of a non-Iron Mutant playthrough I guess.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So the UI is not super clear... Can you only have one active Major, Minor and Passive mutation at a time? I unlocked a second major one and I see I can toggle it in the menu?

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the game and maybe it's coming off Ashen and the weak ending there, but I didn't really mind the ending.

I had figured the game was going to end at the scene on the main menu but was happy we actually had everything laid out

Fantastic game all around. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed the characters and world building. Combat and stealth was sublime as well.

So the UI is not super clear... Can you only have one active Major, Minor and Passive mutation at a time? I unlocked a second major one and I see I can toggle it in the menu?

Correct.

Last edited:

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat the game and maybe it's coming off Ashen and the weak ending there, but I didn't really mind the ending.

I had figured the game was going to end at the scene on the main menu but was happy we actually had everything laid out

Fantastic game all around. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed the characters and world building. Combat and stealth was sublime as well.

100% agreed on all your points. I was thinking the same thing about how having finished Ashen might have influenced my views on this ending as well. It's not a lot to go on, but what is there wraps up well enough and does some table setting for a sequel or DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.