• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/mutant-year-zero-coming-to-nintendo-switch-1203167867/
Turn-based tactical game "Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden" is coming to Nintendo Switch on Jun. 25, the developer announced during Epic Games' GDC keynote Wednesday.

The game is also getting a physical retail version, which includes the upcoming DLC, on Jun. 25 for consoles.

https://www.mutantyearzero.com/news...do-switch-in-june-alongside-an-expansion-dlc/
DLC EXPANSION AND RETAIL DELUXE EDITION
The Switch version will come with an expansion DLC that will also be available on PC, Xbox One and PS4. The world of Mutant Year Zero is growing even bigger! More information about the expansion DLC, including pricing, will be available at a later date.

Finally, we're bringing the game to retail stores with a Deluxe Edition on June 25th for Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch. The retail Deluxe Edition will come with the base game and the expansion DLC for $39.99.

box_lineup-blog-size-1024x576.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That's neat. I dropped the Xbox version after it crashed within my first 30 minutes of play, but the concept of the game is right up my alley. I'll consider it if the port is extremely solid.

Dec 23, 2017
That's neat. I dropped the Xbox version after it crashed within my first 30 minutes of play, but the concept of the game is right up my alley. I'll consider it if the port is extremely solid.
Yep hopefully it is a solid port. Nintendo is killing it with the switch. It seems to be hitting a really good balance of games offered. Activision get your shit together and give me a COD.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
It's a great game - albeit short, so hopefully the DLC can fix that problem.

I also question how it'll look or run on the Switch. It's fine on PC (with some horrendous motion blur) but is more than a little chunky on the 360. Granted, it is a turn-based game in combat so that won't matter a ton, but still.

Also, it's still in the early unlocks for next month's Humble Monthly. $12 nets you Mutant Year Zero and the fantastic Northgard.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to play this, but have held out for a Switch version. Glad there is a physical version being released. I'll definitely pick this up!

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
more and more games that are in Game Pass are coming to switch...hmmm

should make the catalog about 50/50 local/streaming when it inevitably arrives.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
This is the game that made me sub to gamepass, I really really enjoyed it, didn't have much replay value for me other then for acheivments but I'm super excited for upcoming dlc. Was awesome first time through.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Was the game ever patched for PS4 and Xbox? Was always interested in it, but heard it was buggy as shit.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Great game! Although I'm only a couple hours in. Will stop my playthrough on Xbox and wait for the Switch version.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
On the DLC I'm hoping for more maps/mobs/items/weapons and maybe one or two new characters.

Loved the game play but the lack range of items/weapons and mobs was noticeable.

Seiez

Oct 29, 2017
I hoped it would find its way on to the switch....glad that it is coming retail.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I got this months humble monthly bundle for this game...but I'll wait on playing it and double dip for that portability.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Question: If I absolutely LOVED Mario + Rabbids will I enjoy this game? It's been on my radar but the Fallout comparisons make me wary.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Really great game even though I will never finish it. Warning to those new to the genre, it's hard. Haven't played a game like this in a long time and damn even on normal I take a beating.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
This is the first turn based strategy game I played and enjoyed in probably 10 years. It's a breath of fresh air that everyone should check out.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Question: If I absolutely LOVED Mario + Rabbids will I enjoy this game? It's been on my radar but the Fallout comparisons make me wary.

Yes. It takes the overworld movement from something like Rabbids and brings it into combat as meaningful setup for encounters. If you have in interest in that and stealth mechanics I think you should give it a look.

Really great game even though I will never finish it. Warning to those new to the genre, it's hard. Haven't played a game like this in a long time and damn even on normal I take a beating.

It's definitely difficult but once you get into the swing of things (especially once you get 3 silenced weapons) I found the challenge start to level out considerably.

Last edited:

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Literally JUST got this earlier this month for PC through Humble Bundle. Ah well, $12 for it plus several other games was too good a deal to pass up, even if the portability of Switch would have been nice.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed this a lot of gamepass, but I felt like I got to a point about 5 or so missions in where i wasn't sure if I was supposed to fight through, or sneak through to find that guy and his missing team, and I snuck through, but I really felt under leveled on the mission where I was actually supposed to find the guy? Like my team just felt weak, so I don't know if I messed up or misread something.

I am willing to actually buy it if the Switch version plays well.