• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
It's saturday night and i have had a couple of drinky-poos but I picked up my acoustic which I've neglected for a few weeks and I've suddenly been musically inspired again. I'd love to hear some music from those musicians that I know we have on Era! I don't care what genre, i just want to hear and be inspired by the good vibes of music.

I'll share some of my stuff too 😊

Sorry - Nothing But Thieves (Cover)

Alleviate- Original song of mine (this was 1 week after i learned piano so my playing is super rough lol)

Now That Ive Found You - Liam Gallagher (Cover)

Let's hear some music, Era!! Grab a whiskey-coke and share! 😊

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017

This is probably the only song that I've made with "good vibes", lol. It was inspired by the soundtrack to The Unfinished Swan by Joel Corelitz. One of my favorites.

OP
OP
TolerLive

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA

This is probably the only song that I've made with "good vibes", lol. It was inspired by the soundtrack to The Unfinished Swan by Joel Corelitz. One of my favorites.

I love it! It's so peaceful. One of those tracks that you could just put on softly in the background while youre trying to relax.

Now i want to share some of my orchestral stuff since you got me thinking about that style of music!

This is from an action-horror game a made a few years ago. The soundtrack only had 4 songs but i think this turned out the best. Lot of Halo/marty odonnel inspiration when i was making it.

Last edited:

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019

These two tracks here are my favorite ones to let people listen to when showing off my music. I do a lot of chill and downtempo stuff. Bit of groove with heavy synth soloing added in as i love doing that.

And this one right here is my most recent track!

Id love to do music for a game someday honestly. With everyone always saying my stuff sounds like it work in a game. Even someone saying it reminded them of Celeste which was a huge compliment

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I love it! It's so peaceful. One of those tracks that you could just put on softly in the background while youre trying to relax.

Now i want to share some of my orchestral stuff since you got me thinking about that style of music!

This is from an action-horror game a made a few years ago. The soundtrack only had 4 songs but i think this turned out the best. Lot of Halo/marty odonnel inspiration when i was making it.

The Lost One
Very cool! It's got a tense atmosphere that builds up nicely throughout the song. I can definitely hear the Marty influence in the staccato strings and the choir!

OP
OP
TolerLive

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA

These two tracks here are my favorite ones to let people listen to when showing off my music. I do a lot of chill and downtempo stuff. Bit of groove with heavy synth soloing added in as i love doing that.

And this one right here is my most recent track!

Id love to do music for a game someday honestly. With everyone always saying my stuff sounds like it work in a game. Even someone saying it reminded them of Celeste which was a huge compliment

Yeah, you should make music for a game someday!! For real. I'm super impressed and honestly your music seriously could give such a good feel/atmosphere to a project. The more recent one at the bottom I really love.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Cool shit bro.

This is my album of bleeps 'n bloops I put together a few years ago! All hardware synths through an analog mixer if you're into that sorta thing. Download for free.

OP
OP
TolerLive

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Very cool! It's got a tense atmosphere that builds up nicely throughout the song. I can definitely hear the Marty influence in the staccato strings and the choir!
Awh man that means a lot! Thank you 😊 i really need to make this sort of stuff again. I havent worked on soundtrack type music in a few years.

Heres the full soundtrack for the album id youre interested. Its only a few minutes long lol. Hopefully someday i can do a longer more professional work.

The embedded link only seems to play the intro on here. So heres the actual link to the 4 songs. Here

Last edited:

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Cool shit bro.

This is my album of bleeps 'n bloops I put together a few years ago! All hardware synths through an analog mixer if you're into that sorta thing. Download for free.

Is it safe to assume that there's a tiny bit of Aphex Twin influence in your percussion? :P

This is damn good stuff.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Yeah, you should make music for a game someday!! For real. I'm super impressed and honestly your music seriously could give such a good feel/atmosphere to a project. The more recent one at the bottom I really love.

Thank you! <3 that means a lot coming from any musician honestly. I do hope if I do game music one day I can make it as good as those who have done amazing and memorable work before me.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017

Shared these in the Musician OT here recently but they're just about the only two songs that I've made that I actually like these days, lol.

OP
OP
TolerLive

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA

Shared these in the Musician OT here recently but they're just about the only two songs that I've made that I actually like these days, lol.

What was the inspiration and drive behind Chemiqals? Its giving me some feels. Is it a standalone song or does it go with a piece if media (game, animation, etc)? ResetEra is impressing me hardcore tonight. I love it so much.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
What was the inspiration and drive behind Chemiqals? Its giving me some feels. Is it a standalone song or does it go with a piece if media (game, animation, etc)? ResetEra is impressing me hardcore tonight. I love it so much.
The first song 337, wasn't inspired by anything in particular. I really love sci-fi and ambient/downtempo music so I guess you could say that it was subconsciously influenced by a whole bunch of different things in those genres. Originally I just had that opening synth that you hear and I sat on that for months. When I eventually came back to it, the rest of the song came surprisingly quickly. The second song, Lost In Deep Space was actually inspired by a piece of art. They used to have these "art inspired music" contests on newgrounds that I would participate in.
292689_gugo78_deep-space.jpg

I'd be lying if I said that the Mass Effect soundtracks had no influence on that one as well, haha. I haven't made music in a while but I used to just experiment with all sorts of different genres. Most of it was pretty bad though, lol. You gotta start somewhere but going back to some of my songs is a little painful.

Thanks! For sure, the whole thing is kind of a cheeky reference to one of my all-time favs: aphex twin's unreleased 'melodies from mars', full of squidgy game-like melodies and freaky percussion.
Well it's really good. I've been letting the rest of these tracks play out in the background and I love it. Dataslave is like Aphex Twin meets synthwave. Two of my favorite things.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TolerLive

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
You're super talented op, what did you use to record that? (Id like to record but all i have is a samsung galaxy phone)
Uhhhh honestly 2 of the videos are with a samsung galaxy s9 lol. and one is a dslr t6i. My mic was plugged into a small PA system and the audio was just recorded straight from the camera. I have some actual legitimate recording equipment but im too damn lazy and dont use it enough.

OP
OP
TolerLive

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Okay how nervous were you when you posted these? I can barely play in front of my cats
Man im a weird case when it comes to this stuff. Im a nervous as heck musician when playing for people but i still push myself to do it. I do open mic nights around savannah like once every other week, and im terrified everytime but at the same time i get an adrenaline like no other. I love it, while simultaneously being scared for my life lmao.

MadraptorMan

Oct 27, 2017
Niigata, Japan
My band released an album last year via Amuse. Some of the tracks are on SoundCloud:

The Slow Claps on SoundCloud

The genre is quite different from most of the stuff posted so far. We are often told we sound like a 90s band and that's because a lot of our songs were actually written in the 90s. I mixed it, so it's nowhere near as well produced as it could be, though.

I loved going through the process of writing and producing the songs but man it takes a lot of work. Mad respect for all you artists out there.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
My hardcore band from the 90's. I sang and wrote most of the music (I did write this song so shared it)

My hardcore band from the 2000's, I played bass in it...

Me about 2 months ago. I always made Hip Hop as well. Produced by me. Rhyme by me.

Simon Belmont

Oct 25, 2017
I do little songs in my basement. Pretty terrible with mixing, but I've gotten to the point that I can record a full slate of instruments. Here's a song I did earlier in the year

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
I write and record songs in my living room.Trying to learn how to write and produce. My Soundcloud is currently full of instrumental tracks (set to private cause I'm weird that way) that I intend to someday lay vocals on. The drums are fake, and the synth sounds all come out of my iPad, but everything else is real guitars and basses.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love threads like these, you're all makin some cool shit. Keep posting.

I'm a guitar loopin' man myself. Here's a couple I did recently:

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't done anything in a long while but here are a few from different projects:

My chill project:

My sample based Star Slinger inspired project:

My kind of tongue in cheek electro dance pop project that my username comes from:

Scarlet Death

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA

i was told the genre i make is something called 'death industrial' or power electronics or something. i've been making noise/experimental for a few decades at this point and i seem to always get told what genre i am, so have that.

Isak_Borg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Just bought a MIDI during the quarantine and with no knowledge of Logic Pro or how to use an Akai MPK Mini II.

Bulerias

Oct 26, 2017
Minneapolis, MN
Hey folks. I'm a classical, flamenco, and jazz guitarist playing for over 20 years. I have a number of albums on Spotify, comprised of my arrangements and original compositions in a variety of styles, but I'd specifically like to share my latest album "Masquerade." I pour my heart into my music and would love to hear your thoughts.

JiDdL0yO-xIwfZgJELYte9SdYCLh0FQEr4ATdzIFxTUKr9UO3O5I3qwP3oasC_r7Jt_2cwkqgfjlqQyRYZZO-B21hvOE6lTG8IFfoBgSsN8mOkxn1yOQ2CmlGfSygH--7JkCGaoB3qvR2wJMCYqiTSMu-Q

open.spotify.com

Masquerade

Daniel Volovets · Album · 2019 · 15 songs.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI

Here's a song I wrote a couple weekends ago.

Hey folks. I'm a classical, flamenco, and jazz guitarist playing for over 20 years. I have a number of albums on Spotify, comprised of my arrangements and original compositions in a variety of styles, but I'd specifically like to share my latest album "Masquerade." I pour my heart into my music and would love to hear your thoughts.

JiDdL0yO-xIwfZgJELYte9SdYCLh0FQEr4ATdzIFxTUKr9UO3O5I3qwP3oasC_r7Jt_2cwkqgfjlqQyRYZZO-B21hvOE6lTG8IFfoBgSsN8mOkxn1yOQ2CmlGfSygH--7JkCGaoB3qvR2wJMCYqiTSMu-Q

open.spotify.com

Masquerade

Not bad at all.

Last edited:

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

open.spotify.com

Masquerade

You're talented, great classical playing.

Cool tracks, Almost Human is really good, though I can't watch the vid. Epilepsy here. I expect you get compared to Muse a lot, not a bad thing mind.