• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
The last time I bought new music with real intent and knowledge was probably over a decade ago.

So just looked up her work - wow, a real body of work and a great reputation.

Still, that's aside from the real thing of this; that she's passed. RIP.
Truly a singular talent in the industry. No one was doing it quite like SOPHIE.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
How tragic. 34 years old. She was doing some really interesting work and I know how meaningful her music was for many. Truly a terrible loss.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. There's no question she had a huge impact already. I can only imagine what her music will continue to inspire, and I'm glad her legacy will live on through others.

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell.
Rest in peace Sophie, you really pushed the envelope on shit, it's really indescribable the scale of it.

May 10, 2018
RIP. This is hitting me since although I've had her album on my phone for a while now, I haven't gotten around to listening yet (A bad habit of mine).

I found out about her by way of Charli. So young and going by the statement, a very unfortunate way to go.

Oct 28, 2017
I had just recently gotten into her solo work. It was fantastic, so sad to hear someone so talented gone at such a young age.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
This is a terrible loss. She had already done so much to influence the music industry. I'll never forget the first time I heard Bipp.

RIP.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Fuck....FUCK. Absolutely devastating loss to the whole world. We're all lesser without her. She absolutely transformed music. Lemonade and Bipp have been on my daily soundtrack since college. I can't even really process this now.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
I've been a mess all day tbh - it does not feel real that someone who soundtracked my life from early college days and into growing into my queer identity today and had so much more to give is gone. SOPHIE was for many a shining light in the LGBTQ+ community with her insanely euphoric sets (which I only heard one of in person, at Primavera), crazy productions (Kanye, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Kim Petras, Charli XCX, Gaga, Rihanna... list goes on) and her own personal work that I am sure will be remembered as modern masterpieces.

I ripped so many of her early tracks, even as a part of the early outift she was part of where you can hear how it all morphed into what was quintessential Sophie sound.

I am rarely one to mourn a loss of a celebrity but this hit different.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
man I'm wrecked right now. I remember when Bipp was blowing up and blowing my mind.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Fucking devastated rn. Such an incredibly talented and influential artist. I was just listening to the Bipp Autechre remix last night hoping they'd work more in the future 😢

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
I didn't even know she was Scottish man, what the hell. She was born just up the road a bit from me. It's such an unbelievable pain to listen to her music now, which was always haunting, but it's hard to pull away. Rest in peace, bonnie queen, you will be missed dearly.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
A tremendous loss for music. She was already so influential and she helped to elevate some of my favorite musical artists working today.

RIP.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
This is some of the worst music news I've ever heard.

She was a one in a million actual genius. Music is going to still be catching up with her 10, 20, 30 years from now.

This fucking sucks. What a loss.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know she was Scottish man, what the hell. She was born just up the road a bit from me. It's such an unbelievable pain to listen to her music now, which was always haunting, but it's hard to pull away. Rest in peace, bonnie queen, you will be missed dearly.
she had a wonderful london accent that always sounded a bit put on. what a fucking icon.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh god no. She has been one of my favorite artists for years. She was boundary pushing and basically at the top of the game. Her music was only going to get more interesting.

This is incredibly painful. Rest in power.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
How you gonna invent a genre, change my life and then just leave me like that

It's sad that most people won't even know who she is when she was one of the most important musicians of the last decade

I'm fucked rn

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
www.dailymotion.com

SOPHIE Ray-Ban x Boiler Room 005 | Hudson Mohawke Presents 'Chimes' DJ Set - video Dailymotion

→ SUBSCRIBE TO BOILER ROOM: http://bit.ly/1bkrHWL SOPHIE - the artist behind some of the most forward-thinking + infectious club music of the past 18 months - finally came through for a Boiler Room show at our Ray-Ban warehouse party. It slayed. Nothing more to say. → FOLLOW US HERE FOR...

Starting my SOPHIE session today by enjoying her Boiler Room set where she hired someone to stand-in for her and pretend to DJ.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know about her or her music, but I found out through something that Christine and the Queens said. Seems like she made a huge impact in the music industry.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Wow this is so shocking. She was making huge waves in the industry and I believe she was only getting started too.

Her influence will be felt for a very long time. Rest in peace.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this hit me hard.

I moved to Miami around 2.5 years ago now and my first roommate was nb/a drag queen and we bonded a lot over SOPHIE's music. SOPHIE was also the first concert/time I was photographed with my current girlfriend back at Art Basel 2019 in Miami. Her music was truly unique and spectacular.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
My face is the front of shop / my face is the real shop front

Her music has amazing sound design and such unique ways to use those sounds. And she somehow gave this super complex music popular appeal. I can't think of anyone else making music like this. This sucks!