• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Dreadful news. I really enjoyed her album and what she did for music and trans representation is incredible.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I had not heard of her before the thread but listening to some of her stuff now, diggin' it.

She sounded like a very impactful human from the show of support. Thoughts to her fans and family.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
SOPHIE's infectious style and music oozed individuality. For all her well deserved acclaim she was poised to grow and contribute to the arts even further. Her role as a positive trans icon also cannot be understated. Tragic loss.

The Guardian confirms

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Guardian reporting:

www.theguardian.com

Sophie, acclaimed avant-pop producer, dies aged 34

Glasgow-born Grammy nominee had worked with Madonna, Charli XCX and more

Sophie, the Grammy-nominated Scottish musician whose high-intensity electronic productions pushed the boundaries of 21st-century pop, has died aged 34.
Sophie's management confirmed to the Guardian that the artist died around 4am at home in Athens, "following a sudden accident. At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity."
The statement said the producer was "a pioneer of a new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An icon of liberation."

RIP.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Put this on Insta, writing down my feelings helped me make sense of them, hope it helps some other folk here too.

2KsgO9Q.jpg

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
The Guardian reporting:

www.theguardian.com

Sophie, the Grammy-nominated Scottish musician whose high-intensity electronic productions pushed the boundaries of 21st-century pop, has died aged 34.
Sophie's management confirmed to the Guardian that the artist died around 4am at home in Athens, "following a sudden accident. At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity."
The statement said the producer was "a pioneer of a new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An icon of liberation."

RIP.

Fuck, rest in peace SOPHIE.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i dont know if i can take this it hurts so much. she'll never know how many lives she changed. i feel broken

N7Commander01

Jan 2, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
The Guardian reporting:

www.theguardian.com

RIP.

It's confirmed

I can't - she was so amazing. One of the best things about modern music

RIP you fucking amazing pioneer

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
For ducks sake. Such an amazing artist dying so young :(.

I was just jamming her music an hour ago

Oct 25, 2017
I am devastated. I just woke up and I'm completely stunned. Having not listen to a large amount of her discography I know what she did for the trans community and pop music in general. I knew she would go far and I am so saddened by this news. I'm truly heartbroken 💔💔. Iconic af. RIP Queen

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe this. Truly unfair, and far, far too soon.

Rest in power SOPHIE.

miobrien

Oct 30, 2017
Man, life is precious. You constantly get reminders of this. Someone with such talent...just gone. Such a shame.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Incredibly sad about this. Her talent and her aura will be incredibly missed.
Rest in Power.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
The last time I bought new music with real intent and knowledge was probably over a decade ago.

So just looked up her work - wow, a real body of work and a great reputation.

Still, that's aside from the real thing of this; that she's passed. RIP.

bm1677

Oct 28, 2017
Really sad news - never got into her music, but enjoyed the work she did with Let's Eat Grandma. I'll have to give Oil another listen.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
Gone way too soon, i really believed she was the future pop music and electronic music could be. She could've been the new Madonna