• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Even the music in the original BOTW2 trailer was something played in reverse.
That combined with the power they showed off with Link manipulating time makes me think
tenor.gif

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I don't hear it. It's definitely a song scrambled and reversed though.

Oct 26, 2017
Is it?
I guess it must be if someone on Twitter said so

But thanks for reversing it, there is probably something it matches

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I can't hear it at all.

I can hear weird backwards notes when playing the trailer properly though.

drewchebag

Mar 11, 2018
I think there are parts that sound reminiscent but I am definitely not hearing the melody throughout. And it's a pretty straightforward and recognizable original melody. Idk

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I can't really hear a theme song but there were points where I felt I heard something reversed like a time sound effect.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely sounded like something reversed, and they have history doing it but from the responses here (I can't listen right now) perhaps not?

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely heard some time manipulation but dunno if backwards. Can guess why people jumped to that.

But between the geography shown and a certain remake I'm guessing there'll be some skyward sword throwback in botw2

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
I always hoped this would be a Majora's Mask like game, as in, MM was like a warped OoT (the song of healing is literally Sarias song backwards), so that would be great but... I also don't hear it, it just seems a distorted botw theme.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts are clearly done in reverse but this is not remotely the same song.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely not as 1:1 as SS's original one was. But there are passages in the song that work a little too well in reverse for it to be a coincidence.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Yes the melody is there. No it is not 1:1. Yes this game is going to be amazing.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
It's not. But i could tell the music playing forward was distorted in some way to sell some kind of time manipulation feature.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feel free to give me a warning for it but why is this a thread?! There's literally nothing thread-worthy about this.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like a case of some fans trying to will something into existence.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm laughing so hard because I was trying to hear it and was thinking "I can't hear this, maybe I don't remember the theme?" and then the video plays the actual theme, and it's completely different.

I mean, there are some similar notes I guess.