• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I love how at this point literally hundreds of millions have gotten the vaccine, including 70% of eligible adults in the US, and these people STILL believe it's making people sick.

Everybody would have swollen ballls, or be dead by now. Get the vaccine you pieces of shit.
Same thing with other vaccines and autism.

Not a single person who parrots that stuff actually knows of anyone that it's happened to (because they don't cause autism). People just like to have something to blame their problems on.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
I mean, I was fine with a Chucky Cheeses within 5-minutes walking distance being the explanation for why she wasn't at the MTV Awards, but go off.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Twitter should be muting or banning celebrity accounts that doubt the vaccine.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
If her goal with that tweet was to spawn a new meme I guess it's mission accomplished.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if her brother's friend is shitting bricks now. "Fuck that excuse almost worked!"

Kastenessen

Nov 2, 2017
Interestingly, viral orchitis is a rare symptom of COVID-19 so if anything she should be pushing people to get the vaccine. Unfortunate if someone had it as their version of swollen glands and all they could see online was disinformation and conspiracy theorists.

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
Now that's a name I haven't heard of in a while.

Did Nicki just go insane ever since Cardi B made her irrelevant?

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
This is why social media is a plague to humanity. Wish we could just send all conspiracy theorist into space.

Mentosrock

Nov 4, 2019
This is just super irresponsible. She has a huge young, gay fanbase. I hope it doesn't affect them and their decision to get vaccinated.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
That's crazy. Only time I thought about my dick during this whole pandemic was when I heard your semen could contain covid so I was a lil worried about messing with my gf at the time.

I wanna say I'm surprised she posted that shit but ppl post stupid shit like this because there's so many who are doing their own research.

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017

giphy.webp

That's fucking cold.

I think Nikkis cousin took the same shot she took for her booty.
Breh! I'm dying.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Does Twitter still add those disclaimers on false harmful tweets like they were doing during the 2020 election?

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I think the issue is that "do more research" sounds good as an idea but ignores the fact that most people have pretty much 0 technical literacy and frankly lack the understanding of things like statistics, methodology, or just generally how science works to actually even properly do their own research. I'm a PhD in biomedical engineering, and I fucking hate reading through journal articles because they're incredibly dense, often full of jargon, and it requires a substantial amount of thought and carefully looking through them to give them a good assessment, and I'm talking about stuff that falls under my area of expertise. It's even worse for stuff that's in my field but outside my specific area of expertise. A layperson is frankly not going to be able to make accurate and meaningful conclusions when reading a study or be able to dissect whether the methodology is good and whether the results support the conclusion that's being made, especially when our education system does pretty much nothing to teach scientific and technical literacy in mandatory education (statistics really should be a mandatory high school course for everyone). Of course, this could be circumvented by talking to experts who summarize the info, but at that point stop claiming you're doing your own research, you're getting secondhand info from people who will inevitably insert their own bias into things. That's why science relies on consensus of experts. And of course, most of these people aren't getting their info from any sort of expert at all, they're getting it from the media, news, and other people who are conveying the info through a long game of telephone where biases and misunderstandings get injected at literally every step. And for somebody with no background in the field, figuring out who is a reliable source can be tricky in the first place. So what ends up happening when people "do their own research" is they just gravitate to whatever they can find the validates whatever they were already thinking
How dare you talk down to them this is the reason they won't take the shot!

/s

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
That line of thinking reminds me of when I was a kid and some kid would say my cousin told me balls is where we store pee and it made sense then. She's how old lol

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Well atleast she is still advocating for mask wearing…. She will come around eventually . Some people just need more time than others with their hesitancy

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Does Twitter still add those disclaimers on false harmful tweets like they were doing during the 2020 election?
Yes, they either add a disclaimer and/or issue a suspension outright.

Twitter is a logically inconsistent company though that subjectively twists their own rules, so I doubt Nicki's account will be receive either. Earlier there was an article posted here about how Facebook has a different set of rules for celebrities and politicians when it come to stuff like misinformation.

Apparently Twitter does as well.