• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Oh he does not suffer alone. We are the bullied, we are the hurt and we are not alone.

Much much love to him.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
My Facebook is starting to fill up with people saying its fake and posting stuff that hes an actor. I hate social media...

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't want to watch the video but I believe how heartbreaking it is. I'm glad to see all the support he's getting. Fuck bullies.

My only other question here is: Was the kid okay with this video being posted on social media? Again, I didn't watch it and really don't want to because of how heartbreaking it is.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
People saying bullshit like he's an actor and this is fake absolutely disgust me. The kid is clearly in agonizing pain. Instead of offering compassion and support they would rather spread bullshit based on their suspicions that has zero proof behind it. I can't imagine how that must feel to the family of the kid who has to read that nonsense. Fucking scumbags.

Oct 25, 2017
With that amount of money, I would home school him at this point. At the end of the day, all the twitter messages ain't gonna do shit when he goes back to school. The kids don't give an eff.

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
That poor little guy! I couldn't watch the whole thing, it was too difficult.
Bullying can really affect a kid's life negatively, much more than people think. Schools don't care at all.
I'm glad people are standing up for him.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Australia is brutal for bullying, and the problem is not the kids, but the parents. I have seen parents complaining to the school principal for having their kids in the same class as a kid with dwarfism or other dia.

It breaks my soul everytime I read a story about kids getting bullied, and it also scares to think about my boy could become one of them.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Heartbreaking to watch. But it's nice to see people coming out to support him. Hopefully his family can get him out of that situation somehow.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
That's brutal and sad.

Maybe it's just more reported now, but is bullying on the increase? Bullying was never a common thing in my grade school.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Conspiratorial rhetoric in a sensitive thread
Mod edit: Conspiracy theory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Of course Tyrion Lannister is trending and a shit ton of Twitter users are saying he's 18 and accusing him and his mom of being con artists. What in the fuck is wrong with people? There are numerous pics from 2011 showing he's a toddler but let's overlook those facts. Goddamn, gets bullied at school and is getting accused of being a con artist online. Makes me sick

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I saw one of those 18th birthday pictures. Seemed like they were celebrating someone else's 18th birthday? Caption was "Happy birthday, ma mah"

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course Tyrion Lannister is trending and a shit ton of Twitter users are saying he's 18 and accusing him and his mom of being con artists. What in the fuck is wrong with people? There are numerous pics from 2011 showing he's a toddler but let's overlook those facts. Goddamn, gets bullied at school and is getting accused of being a con artist online. Makes me sick
yeah that does seem pretty shitty. I take back my earlier reaction

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell world am I living in. I'm seeing a child saying that he wants to die, with his mother crying and frustrated, only for folks to say it's an 18 year old actor acting? WTH? Why would someone DO that? What would be the end goal? To get sympathy? Seriously???

I really can't with social media. Kids can be literally shot and slaughtered in a school, and people will say that they were actors and that it was a stunt. This woman is putting it out to the world about her disabled kid being bullied, and folks are calling it fake.

This is the shit that makes me have to step away from the net from time to time. I get the equivalent of road rage, wanting to just crack someone upside the head because of this level of cynicism and cruelty. I just can't figure out why people won't just be fucking nice to each other.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I thought he could be fake when I saw this:

But realized that some of those pictures looked photoshopped (the AMG truck and the one with the girl mainly) then I saw this:

I'm still a bit confused thought.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Watching so many people's reading comprehension level on the 18th birthday photo is just sad. He's saying Happy birthday to another person. I don't think it's possible to take " Happy birthday, ma mah " any other way.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is nothing particularly special about bringing these baseless rumors about a bullied child , you are not unique or wiser in any way because you are willing to entertain this, you are nothing but sad thing trying to affirm your lacking momentumless lives becuse you want others to not give a shit, so you are not alone in this hole of apathy.

Disgusting.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so wait... thats two different kids right? if its the same guy thats a huge ass scam lol

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I thought he could be fake when I saw this:

But realized that some of those pictures looked photoshopped (the AMG truck and the one with the girl mainly) then I saw this:

I'm still a bit confused thought.

I'm really confused. That first thing definitely seems photoshopped for some of the pics. Maybe a bit of deepfake goin' on? That 2nd video seems quite legit and there's other history indicated it is legitimate so... My question is who TF would waste their time tryina stir the pot?

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really confused. That first thing definitely seems photoshopped for some of the pics. Maybe a bit of deepfake goin' on? That 2nd video seems quite legit and there's other history indicated it is legitimate so... My question is who TF would waste their time tryina stir the pot?

Bullies/trolls on the Internet.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
I don't see how the Instagram pics prove whether the kid was faking or not?

Bullies lay off of him because he has some cool pics on the Internet?!

What the hell is this?
From my own experience it's 100% plausible that a kid like this would get bullied in school regardless.

TalkingToast

Oct 29, 2017
I could be wrong but it seems like at 32-50 seconds into the video he says to the mother and points at the camera saying "You just watched me" some stuff I couldn't quite make out and "You didn't even do anything". I'm wondering if I am mishearing because I don't think I've seen this addressed in the thread.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Nevermind the playground, adults in here willing to turn on a dime over some trash post on social media to brand a fucking child who's been driven close to suicide a fraud. Absolutely vile.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Shouldn't one good news story from a legit outlet put any confusion to bed? All I'm seeing here are social media posts related but no actual reporting. Granted the link in the OP straight up doesn't work for me so maybe there is a legit news story already.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
What the hell world am I living in. I'm seeing a child saying that he wants to die, with his mother crying and frustrated, only for folks to say it's an 18 year old actor acting? WTH? Why would someone DO that? What would be the end goal? To get sympathy? Seriously???
For Gofundme money. It wouldn't be the first case of a con-artist pulling that kind of stunt.

Not that I think that's what's happening here, mind you. And I don't think it's appropriate to just shitpost conspiracy theories into social media. But the cynic in me can't blame people for letting their minds wander that way.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
For Gofundme money. It wouldn't be the first case of a con-artist pulling that kind of stunt.

Not that I think that's what's happening here, mind you. And I don't think it's appropriate to just shitpost conspiracy theories into social media. But the cynic in me can't blame people for letting their minds wander that way.

IIRC, the go fund me wasn't done by the family? I don't recall the family ever asking for money

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad this kid got a lot of outreach. We really need to take down bullying though. So many kids out there who don't get this kind of attention in the exact same spot this little guy is in.

Its fucking hard growing up as a kid these days especially with social media and the internet. The bullying never really stops even when you leave school now. I think a lot of people really over look just how hard it can be dealing with this kind of torment day in and day out. It wears you down and destroys you. I'm glad that at least in this instance he has a mother that really really cares about him.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously? A person would never pretend their life was different then it actually was on social media right? Right? /s

GTFO, that is approximately 95% of the people on social media. Projecting (i.e. pretending) to live a life / lifestyle that is not actually the one they live in real life.

So because the kid is seen in some photos posing in what I can only imagine people are considering to be "expensive" clothes (expensive in quotes as they are not actually really expensive clothes), this is why people think he is faking? What about it was probably an attempt by the parents / mother to boost their child's confidence and have him dress up for some photos and be a "model" so he feels better about himself??? Nah, it could never be that right? Why on earth would a parent of a child who has a disability try and do something to make said child forget about the disability right? Again, clearly /s in case anyone thinks otherwise.

Besides all of the above, do people really think just because he posts pictures of himself smiling and modeling on social media he cannot actually be super depressed? Seriously?

This whole damn situation infuriates the hell out of me. Fucking internet.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
My 11 year old daughter was suffering bullying that got so bad we had to change schools. She is taller for her age and shy/timid, and this group of girls somehow made her only friends disown her. I'm a guy, my version of defending bullying is different than a girls, and I never knew how cruel girls could be. In any case, it got so bad she didn't want to go to school anymore. She used to love school and excelled in her grades, that all changed. So we finally changed schools and she is so much better now, has made new friends and loves school again.

I am glad to see Quaden get support and hope it helps him here on out.