• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I keep forgetting characters can do up+specials a couple times in the air. Can't shake the Smash Bros mentality.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
On a more serious note, what would the chain of rights that would lead to a Homelander skin for superman be, pretty much impossible right? Amazon / WB have no crossover anywhere I think yeah, no kind of business relationship?
Look at Smash Ultimate. Lots of characters that aren't Nintendo characters that are in the game. However, getting a Homelander skin for Supes is definitely out of the question. WB and DC would not want Supes associated with a murderous ass like that. Though, Injustice does exist.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
It's very fun when you win a round and see the enemy team swap to what seems to be their mains. Adds a feeling like shit's going down.

Except when they swap to Finn, then it feels like they are salty and trying to win by being OP.

I think it's similar to other team games like MOBAs where people can very easily just start assigning blame to a teammate. Some of it may be deserved, but it's also very easily used as a scapegoat to avoid taking blame on yourself, so then people do things like skip rematches or, in MOBAs, flaming teammates. They see that as the 'solution' to the problem.

This makes sense, I have been playing Velma and it seems many people can't stand losing to her. The only character since week 1 Taz that I have felt like I can win pretty much every game I play.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
This makes sense, I have been playing Velma and it seems many people can't stand losing to her. The only character since week 1 Taz that I have felt like I can win pretty much every game I play.

I can 100% guarantee there's an added layer of salt if someone gets bopped by you when you're playing a support. Some people are gonna feel an ego hit from that.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like almost every match I play is against a Fin.

I find it hard to believe that the game has that many genuine Fin fans, above all of these other characters. It's a shame how quickly people gravitate towards the most efficacious tools in games. The honey moon phase never really lasts long because people are so quickly influenced by what people say on youtube and whatnot, and I do think that does hurt the enjoyment of games a bit.

You gotta remember he's a free character atm too. Once he's out of rotation whether he's nerfed or not you're gonna see his numbers drop dramatically. He's the Taz of this rotation, and you hardly see any Taz's anymore. And Taz is still good even after his nerf.

Just wait until a character wins the tournament at Evo. You will see nothing but those characters for weeks.

If I was a bettin' man I wouldn't put my chips down on Finn winning Evo. He is a good character but I truly believe there are characters that are quite a bit better than him.

He's pretty straightforward when it comes down to it and is pretty matchup dependent. He gets shredded in certain matchups, Bugs can eat him alive. The main thing Finn has going for him is his disjoints. And his aerial disjoints aren't even that useful/good aside from the backpack spin which can be easy to predict.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
The 3ish weeks after EVO is always terrible because everyone picks the winners of each fighter and think they can play the same level lol

It's really annoying when people decide not to rematch in 1v1s after a close game 1. I just had that happen twice in a row.
Seen this a lot in other fighters I partly assume either lag they didn't like or mentally they aren't up for it

Last edited:

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
If I was a bettin' man I wouldn't put my chips down on Finn winning Evo. He is a good character but I truly believe there are characters that are quite a bit better than him.

He's pretty straightforward when it comes down to it and is pretty matchup dependent. He gets shredded in certain matchups, Bugs can eat him alive. The main thing Finn has going for him is his disjoints. And his aerial disjoints aren't even that useful/good aside from the backpack spin which can be easy to predict.
I didn't mean I think Finn will win Evo. Just that whoever wins Evo will be all over the place immediately after. Honestly have no idea who will win, character wise.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Multiversus seems likes it's running at 1440p on the Series S. Has there been any confirmation out there in the world that would prove/disprove what I'm seeing?

MyLordChaos

Jul 29, 2022
TX
Pleasantly surprised on how well Multiversus plays on PS5, wasn't sure what to expect due to the input lag being an issue on the console (I know Epic/Sony are working on that). Garnet plays so good (main character for now), & I try to not pay attention too much on player tier lists. I am curious to try out Arya Stark but the game lists her for expert players, is it worth to spend 3,000 coins to unlock her?

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Superman is the only character I've been winning matches consistently with. I think I just really gel with his moveset and flow even though I'm not that good mechanically.

I played like 5 matches in a row with Finn yesterday trying to get wins as him for a challenge and I got absolutely bodied each time. I went up against this absolutely disgusting Iron Giant/Reindog team and I don't think I got a single hit in.

Games really growing on me though, it's a lot of fun when both teams are of a similar skill level.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing worse than your random partner getting 0 kills AND getting killed 3 times.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have a couple days of playtime and I'm still not sure how recovery works when hanging on the ledge.

If you are hanging on the side of the stage, how many times can you let go and dodge? If you go right back to hanging on the ledge do your dodges reset? It felt like I could keep dodging that way. Maybe I'm going crazy.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I have a couple days of playtime and I'm still not sure how recovery works when hanging on the ledge.

If you are hanging on the side of the stage, how many times can you let go and dodge? If you go right back to hanging on the ledge do your dodges reset? It felt like I could keep dodging that way. Maybe I'm going crazy.

All of your air options reset whenever you touch the wall

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Playing a match with someone who jumps right off the stage three straight times is a bummer. Got absolutely no rewards from that match. Cool. Nope'd out of there so fast after it was over.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
Wonder Woman and Velma make a deadly team. Anyone else have a favorite team combination, also have to put Batman and Bugs as well.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Pleasantly surprised on how well Multiversus plays on PS5, wasn't sure what to expect due to the input lag being an issue on the console (I know Epic/Sony are working on that). Garnet plays so good (main character for now), & I try to not pay attention too much on player tier lists. I am curious to try out Arya Stark but the game lists her for expert players, is it worth to spend 3,000 coins to unlock her?

I'm no expert, but I don't find her super difficult to play. She's like a Marth or Lucina from Smash if you've played either of them. I think she has a high skill ceiling with how you can use her face steal, but her skill floor isn't bad at all, she's easy to pick up imo.

You should be able to try her in the lab for free if you want to see how she plays.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Announcing a character from a fighting game franchise at Evo would make a ton of sense, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm expecting a Rick and Morty trailer and will be pleasantly surprised if we get a new reveal.

I would absolutely expect a new reveal at Evo. Anything less would not be good enough.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Still find it weird that Morty is coming before Rick when he's been leaked months ago, is seemingly pretty much done in the files with gameplay while we know nothing about Morty

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Announcing a character from a fighting game franchise at Evo would make a ton of sense, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm expecting a Rick and Morty trailer and will be pleasantly surprised if we get a new reveal.
Rick and Morty details would be disappointing. Give us Ryu vs Scorpion announcement at Evo.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Marvin the Martian and a Space Jam event (with a stage and costumes for Bugs/Taz/Marvin) appear to be next in line, so if there are any reveals at Evo beyond a Rick and Morty trailer it'll probably be that.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Wonder Woman and Velma make a deadly team. Anyone else have a favorite team combination, also have to put Batman and Bugs as well.

Arya/Batman were terrifying to fight for me, but that maybe have been the players and not the characters. They FEEL like they fit really well together, regardless.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
The snowball perk is wild. Especially the way it stacks when your teammate is using it. That seems like a bigger boost than any other stacked perk.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So far tier rankings of characters I've played in 2v2 to lvl 15.

S - Harley
A - Shaggy
B - Velma

There is nothing worse than your random partner getting 0 kills AND getting killed 3 times.

On the plus side, it's great having like 500 damage and 4 KOs and your partner with nothing. The other team *knows* they lost to one person and that's gotta hurt.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Give me a mode where the individual partners have stocks. Give 2 each, once eliminated it's a 2v1.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's a perk that gives your partner grey health when hitting an enemy with a projectile. I'm healing with Tom and Jerry and it's kinda awesome.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidden link below for MVEra Discord server -

[Hidden content]

Join up! We've got a fun and active community brewing 🎈😁🎉

BYOD tho
I'm sad no one asked what the D was for 😭

Doritos.... Nobody brought Doritos yet.
Double jumping off stage = getting pulled down by latency.

What a fucking joke.
Yeah feels bad. When you have a Rein that saves you from these moments tho, mmmmmmm bbe.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sad no one asked what the D was for 😭

Doritos.... Nobody brought Doritos yet.

Yeah feels bad. When you have a Rein that saves you from these moments tho, mmmmmmm bbe.

It happened to me 3 times in one match. All I could do was throw a fit (under my breath) lol. It made me second guess if people who die that quick also get robbed by latency.

I felt bad for my teammate. And then to add insult to injury they started taunting and t bagging. Those bastards.

Sep 7, 2021
I feel like almost every match I play is against a Fin.

I find it hard to believe that the game has that many genuine Fin fans, above all of these other characters. It's a shame how quickly people gravitate towards the most efficacious tools in games. The honey moon phase never really lasts long because people are so quickly influenced by what people say on youtube and whatnot, and I do think that does hurt the enjoyment of games a bit.

I started playing him because he is one of the free characters before i bought one of the packs. I found him fun to play as, that's about it. I'm starting to branch out more now by getting into Iron Giant and Wonder Woman. I'll get around to all of the eventually. I see more Supes than anyone else because they like to try and abuse his grab and fly.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Saw a post this morning saying that battle pass items aren't exclusive to the battle passes and will be available later on. Is that true?