• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Even with the possibility of cannibalizing themselves, I don't really see Nintendo releasing all four as a bundle. The most I see is 64+Sunshine, Galaxy 1&2, and 3d World released two to three months apart.
Price is a big point too. It'd be more appealing to consumers if the above were all $30. Makes it a little more likely for the average fan to buy all of them.

It doesn't seem like we know exactly what 64 is going to be on Switch. It could still simply be a port to launch their N64 Online service. And the problem with what you described is that that's still three $60 Mario platformer releases alongside a $60 Paper Mario. That's a lot especially at a time where people might not have money to buy games like they would previously.

My personal thoughts:

- N64 Online launches with Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 and Paper Mario. Maybe a Mario Party game as well.
- Sunshine / Galaxy / Galaxy 2 HD Collection for $60.
- 3D World with an "array of new levels" (perhaps 3D Land as a whole?) for $60.
- Paper Mario 3 for $60.

Three retail games alongside some Mario games on N64 Online.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Do you really think TTYDHD would be bundled with SM64?

I think you are close. My guess;

1. SM64 + Sunshine
2. Galaxy 1+2
3. 3DWorld + 3DLand
4. Separate release of brand new Paper Mario RPG.

All full price.

I think there is a chance rather than the Odyssey Team jumping into Odyssey 2, they perhaps focus their last 3 year effort on remastering these classics.
My guess is:
SM64 on NSO as part of N64 entry to NSO.
Sunshine + Galaxy (just 1 because they do dumb shit sometimes) $60
3D World Deluxe $60
Brand New Paper Mario $60
Not too sure how they'll handle "other" Mario titles though.

Oct 27, 2017
It is Metroid's 35th year anniversary as well next year. PLZZ NINTENDO

Oh? I forgot that is the same year as Legend of Zelda. Maybe that is when we will get the Prime Trilogy HD? I feel like we won't see MP4 until 2022. Would be nice if we got all of the Metroid's though on Switch including the Metroid II remake from 3DS.

I was thinking the exact same thing since I'm a bigger Zelda fan than Mario fan.

I think they should finally remake Zelda 1&2 (seems fitting for a big anniversary celebration) and then toss in OoT, MM, WW, and TP remasters/ports to Switch for good measure

I feel like the 2D style Zelda's will be left alone, but the 3D Zelda's will get remastered \ ported \ touched up. Then again the Switch continues to surprise so anything is possible. At the minimum I hope for a Legend of Zelda collection next year.

if this is real I'd hope for at least a 3D Zelda collection for next year as well, which is arguably easier/cheaper to do than Mario, mostly because 4/5 of the games have already been remade/remastered before, so only Skyward Sword would need extra work and they could just port over the rest with smaller adjustments.

From what I can tell this is real, but what in capacity remains to be clear until around when E3 was scheduled. I hope we either get a collection of the 3D Zelda's with a separate 2D collection or the entire series. I would ideally want a collection of all titles, but I feel like Nintendo would not pack that much into one SKU. The hardest title will be Skyward Sword so part of me wonders will that title get its own release then we get a collection with OoT 3D, MM 3D, TP HD, and WW HD.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Donkey Kong tropical freeze and Tokyo mirage sessions says hi tho. And this mario which blows both of those out the water they could 100% charge 60 a piece and come out unfazed

Both of those were on a console nobody owned so they could effectively sell them as new games, and they didn't overlap with other games from their IP. It's really not comparable to five 3D Marios in a half year span for full retail price.

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
Wow if true. I'd probably buy them all (except Mario 64 since that needs a proper "HD remake". Lol).

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
I think that 3D World is a separate package, but the other four are all coming together in one $60 box. They may also be available digitally for $15 or $20 each, but I still believe the physical All Stars box is coming. Two new platformer SKUs will be more effective from a marketing perspective. They certainly won't be charging more than $80 for an All Stars box - an $80 box would probably contain collectible extras, and a $60 box would just be the games.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
It doesn't seem like we know exactly what 64 is going to be on Switch. It could still simply be a port to launch their N64 Online service. And the problem with what you described is that that's still three $60 Mario platformer releases alongside a $60 Paper Mario. That's a lot especially at a time where people might not have money to buy games like they would previously.

My personal thoughts:

- N64 Online launches with Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 and Paper Mario. Maybe a Mario Party game as well.
- Paper Mario 3 for $60.

I meant $30 for the bundles. I can't see Nintendo charging $30 each individually.

That's a really good point on the NSO online thing though. Launching with Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 (and maybe Mario party in a good timeline) would fit both the anniversary and would encourage people to subscribe to the online. Plus that's one less game taking up retail resources.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
From what I can tell this is real, but what in capacity remains to be clear until around when E3 was scheduled. I hope we either get a collection of the 3D Zelda's with a separate 2D collection or the entire series. I would ideally want a collection of all titles, but I feel like Nintendo would not pack that much into one SKU. The hardest title will be Skyward Sword so part of me wonders will that title get its own release then we get a collection with OoT 3D, MM 3D, TP HD, and WW HD.

It really depends on how they'll handle the Mario games first, really. Assuming it's a collection with everything sans 3D World, which would be it's own SKU, then we could hope for OoT/MM/WW/TP in a collection and Skyward Sword as a separate release (or maybe even included in the collection, which kinda feels overkill, but who knows?). If they were to release them in pairs, then it would be OoT/MM, followed by WW/TP and SS released either by itself, or bundled with those last two.

In any case if it were to happen, I'd expect OoT and MM to be the 3DS ones remastered (maybe go back and fix MM3D while they're at it) and WW/TP to be pretty much straight ports, only removing the Miiverse stuff from the original Wii U versions. Skyward Sword would likely get the TPHD-style remaster as well, with mostly QoL features and adjustments to make the game flow better for those who didn't like it originally (I hope they keep the Silent Realms untouched though).

Last edited:

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
64 and Sunshine being the most interesting here although I would assume 64 would get the most changes and push?

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A Mario all stsr type release would be really cool but I cant see that happening, not when they can sell 3d Mario like brand new again since less people played it than even Mario kart 8

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

My personal thoughts:

- Paper Mario 3 for $60.

In theory I could agree with this, but Super Mario 64 is specifically called a "high-definition remaster" by Gematsu. NSO games are just ROMs, not remasters.

Apr 21, 2018
My guess is:
3D World Deluxe $60

I really don't see them doing an awkward Sunshine + Galaxy pack. If anything, it'd be a Galaxy 1+2 pack, and Sunshine would be on its own. Sunshine and Galaxy are so different in style, it just makes no sense in my brain that they would lump those two together (unless the entire thing was lumped together).

I wonder if we'll be waiting until June for into on this.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I meant $30 for the bundles. I can't see Nintendo charging $30 each individually.

That's a really good point on the NSO online thing though. Launching with Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 (and maybe Mario party in a good timeline) would fit both the anniversary and would encourage people to subscribe to the online. Plus that's one less game taking up retail resources.

Exactly. My thoughts keep going back to the original news article that said Nintendo was re-releasing most of the Mario catalog and that certainly won't be through retail releases. That has to include games on their online service.

But they also need to step the hell up with their SNES releases in general.

I ca6nt wait for confirmation on this stuff.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Right, that is the part that is throwing me off a bit. I wish we could get some clarity on exactly what this 64 will be.

I personally think Game Boy/Game Boy Color games are next for NSO, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong, portable access to the N64 library would be great. Especially if they can get Rare games on it.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Sunshine does not deserve to be on the same cart as Galaxy. I would pay more just to make sure they never touch.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I know it's unlikely but 3D World would be an instant day one buy if they added online play.

Just let me match up with random people, Nintendo. It would be so damn fun.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
Sounds great. Hope it's true, in some form. Pardon if this has been talked about in the last 42 pages, but how do we think they'll handle the motion controls on Switch? Just use the accelerometers to detect after centering the marker or something?

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
My guess is:
3D World Deluxe $60
I think this is really close, especially SM64 as NSO, not a remaster. Just a hunch, but I don't think they'll release Sunshine as part of this whole thing - it's an odd man out popularity-wise and not as impressive visually or design-wise even if uprezzed. Galaxy 1-2 seems a more likely candidate for remaster given its spectacular set pieces and massive popularity during the wii heyday. 3D world is an obvious port - dunno about paper mario.

What do you all think this means for a Zelda release this year (botw or port?). Seems like if they ship even half of these ports, that clogs up the release schedule for most of the year...

edit: Also I REALLY doubt the All-stars style compilation. They just made bank off of Link's Awakening standalone for $60.

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
So glad to read this story, I'll buy and happily re-experience every single one of them, especially SMG 1, 2 and 3DW.

Will also be very interesting to see what sorts of changes and refinements they make with a Sunshine remaster.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Likewise... These people that downright hate sunshine I will never understand. Galaxy is the better game, but sunshine is still an 8/10 game, and a 9/10 amongstb it's 3d platformer peers.

This shit alone makes it 7/10:

hqdefault.jpg

I mean that I'm not expecting a collection, just separate titles.

But would love to be wrong.

So you think there will be five different SKUs priced for $60 for 3D Mario titles in the second half of this year?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunshine is a worse game if you try to 100% it.

If you just play the game till the ending I think it's one of the best.

It was my favorite 3D Mario till Odyssey came out.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Sunshine has banger movement and level design to utilize that movement, it's genuinely fantastic to just move around in that game in ways that I never felt with Galaxy (Odyssey also has banger movement)

but boy howdy do i not like actually doing anything in that game, the tasks just don't feel like what I want to do

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Switch is on its way to become the best 1st party machine of all time. I hope other Nintendo franchises to have the same treatment.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any news or updates since this morning, besides 3D World getting the deluxe improvement with new levels? Any news on the other games?

Status
Not open for further replies.