• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Predictions.

Mario 64 and Sunshine remakes like Crash and Spyro in one pack.

Galaxy 1 and 2 in a pack upscaled.

3D World stand-alone with something extra added.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
man i've been calling for a super mario 3d all-stars for a while now. would be awesome if it was actually true

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
So 60 dollar people think they're going to retail and release five different 3D Mario games in a ~6 month span?

I just want to be clear what the argument is.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Title 1: Super Mario 3D All-Stars (including 64HD, Sunshine HD, Galaxy 1&2 HD)

Title 2: Paper Mario and the Two Thousand Year Door (a return to form that ends up reviewing around 85-90)

Title 3: 3D World Deluxe (includes the 3D Land levels or something)

Let's say this is the extent of the rumor and each of these is a retail release on one cart... 3D All-Stars easily outsells the other two combined, right?

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Holy shitttt. This is the best news I've heard in a while.

Anyone who slept on 3D World/didn't own a Wii U —now is your chance to play what is in my opinion the most fun game ever made. Only game I've ever 100%ed, and honestly I can't wait to do it again

mrgoomba

Dec 10, 2017
They are good but I just hope they don't use this as excuse to don't release new first party games as well.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Watch this be straight ports / emulation VC style. Nintendo will not remaster all of this, they'll port 3D world and add a little something extra though, that's a given.

I wonder if it will look better than this -

www.youtube.com

Super Mario Sunshine HD - 1080p 60fps Widescreen | Dolphin Emulator | 2019

Super Mario Sunshine like you have never seen it before!Made possible thanks to the Dolphin Emulator: https://miniurl.pw/Dolphin_Emu_DLEnhancements usedHD Te...

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Would love this, being Sony only for awhile, I never got chance to play/finish Super Mario 64 and Sunshine other than quick emulator tries

Dingotech

Oct 25, 2017
I hope these have effort put into them given the amount of games being rumoured.

I'm excited to play a lot of these titles again in a portable format with decent controls!

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
They are good but I just hope they don't use this as excuse to don't release new first party games as well.

This seems like the type of thing you do when your major holiday game slips past the holidays.

I don't think years ago, when Nintendo was mapping out their roadmap, they were like "holiday 2020 is going to be all about Mario re-releases!"

I'm sure they'll have some other new games beyond Paper Mario but I would temper your expectations. I don't think they'd be doing this if they had a Zelda and a Metroid and a Splatoon.

Some people in other threads are convinced that Odyssey 2 is coming this holiday alongside all these games. That makes no sense to me. This is what you do when you don't have Odyssey 2 to sell.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's really unlikely the classic 3D games aren't bundled together.

Probably something like:

September: 3D World Deluxe
October: Paper Mario
November: Super Mario 3D All-Stars
Surely they have other games to release though. I can't see the entire second half of 2020 being solely mario releases.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This seems like the type of thing you do when your major holiday game slips past the holidays.

I don't think years ago, when Nintendo was mapping out their roadmap, they were like "holiday 2020 is going to be all about Mario re-releases!"

I'm sure they'll have some other new games beyond Paper Mario but I would temper your expectations. I don't think they'd be doing this if they had a Zelda and a Metroid and a Splatoon.

Some people in other threads are convinced that Odyssey 2 is coming this holiday alongside all these games. That makes no sense to me. This is what you do when you don't have Odyssey 2 to sell.

That and BOTW2. Feels like corona screwed up their plans and this is their big holiday title now.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
If Nintendo is planning to package 64, Sunshine, and the Galaxy games onto one cart they can charge $80 for it, but also sell them all digitally for $30 a piece. Then they can do a separate 3D world deluxe collection that comes with a 3D Land remaster for $60.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Are these going to be re-released with completely revamped graphics? If so, seeing SM64 with modern graphics would be amazing! Never thought I'd see that happen.

If these are just enhanced ports similar to how the Banjo Kazooie games were ported to XBLA, then ehhhh.

Izamaru

Nov 27, 2018
Greece
I can't believe this !! Galaxy 1 and sunshine are two of my favorite games of all time I can't wait. They are all day 1 buys for me.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The information we are getting us that it will be sold in a collection. Nintendo isn't remaking 64 from scratch and then selling it with 2 other games for $60.

Whatever form 64 comes in, Sunshine and the Galaxy games will absolutely be getting remasters. It's silly to suggest otherwise.

And where is the collection info coming from? I might have missed that and only saw VentureBeat mention it as a possibility.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Are these going to be re-released with completely revamped graphics? If so, seeing SM64 with modern graphics would be amazing! Never thought I'd see that happen.

If these are just enhanced ports similar to how the Banjo Kazooie games were ported to XBLA, then ehhhh.

We don't know exactly what 64 will be like. But Sunshine and the Galaxy games will be remasters like Twilight Princess and Wind Waker.

Peterc

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
ihope mario galxy 2 too.
Also it will be great if you can play mario 64 or galaxy with local multiplay

Oct 27, 2017
We don't know exactly what 64 will be like. But Sunshine and the Galaxy games will be remasters like Twilight Princess and Wind Waker.
I doubt it. Remember the rumors about a GC Virtual Console we had near Switch launch?
www.eurogamer.net

Sources: Nintendo Switch will have GameCube Virtual Console support

Nintendo Switch will be able to play GameCube games via its Virtual Console service, three separate sources have confir…
Maybe there was some truth behind it and Nintendo planned GC games for the Switch. They already have a GC/Wii emulator for the Wii HW after all
www.youtube.com

[1080P 60FPS] Super Mario Galaxy Nvidia Shield Edition Intro + first Grand Star test run

This is just a test recording on how well my capture card works.Note: At the beginning of the video the Wi-Fi shows no signal, However my Nvidia Shield is ac...
If they are really going to sell 4 Mario games, they are never going the Crash route re-making all the games from scratch. They are going to emulate them with some tweaked controls (especially for the Galaxy games).

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Precedence would point to Nintendo making each game an individual release, but they aren't releasing five individual 3D Mario platformers this year. Even three (if 64 and Sunshine were one bundle, and Galaxy 1 + 2 was another) is kinda overkill.

It'll just be "Super Mario 3D All-Stars" (or whatever they call it) and Super Mario 3D World Deluxe. Of course, i'll buy them all even if they're split up, so it isn't a big deal for anybody but my wallet.

jpv_13

Oct 30, 2017
Would be a first but they could do a premium priced physical collection for the 35th anniversary that was similar to the Mario All-Stars Collection.

Like if it came as a collectors item does anyone really think they wouldn't be able to sell a physical package including Mario 64, Galaxy 1 & 2, and Sunshine for $80-$100 USD.

Then sell each game separately for $30 USD each on the eShop.

And probably Super Mario 3D Land + World Deluxe as a separate title for $60 USD.

PaultheNerd

Dec 25, 2018
Since people mention that they'll do the same method for Sunshine and Galaxy 1/2, in technical terms, what was the process done to make WW and TP HD? Just curious.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.