• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Eew. No more Mario pls.
e26.jpg

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
I'm sure there's a ton of people in my boat who didn't play the majority of these games. Looking forward to it. Wondering if they will give SM64 new graphics. I think the other games will look great with just an updated 1080P HUD

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Based on the articles :

-64, Sunshine and Galaxy will be treated as remasters, not remakes

-Paper Mario is a new game

-3D World is its own thing with added content

-more new Mario games are coming. It seems not many people talk about that but the VGC article is pretty crystal clear about it.
My guess is Odyssey 2 as the big holiday game and Rabbids Mario 2 (Harker might be aware of that based on his Direct comment)

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Tbh Sunshine needs a full remake treatment, not just a remaster. I hope it gets one. New controls, mechanics, extra levels, everything
I keep hearin this and I get it if people aren't in the some of the design aspects, but what's wrong with how it controls?

Imo mario's speed in that game has always made it more fun to move than in 64 or galaxy

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
I'm most interested in 64 and Sunshine weirdly enough. Galaxy 1 & 2 and 3D World I've played a ton, and recently.

Jan 16, 2020
I would be genuinely shocked if Nintendo's reasoning for eliminating all their leakers was so they could take over to leak their own games themselves ahaha
Well, we hadn't heard anything about this remastered collection until this morning. And now three (four?) sources are saying the same thing. And these aren't low level friend-of-a-friend-who-has-an-uncle leakers. These are legitimate gaming news orgs that have credibility. So, yes, I think it's possible that the Nintendo Ninjas we're out in full force, specifically so they could control the narrative.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
All Mario all 1080/60 (hopefully) let's go!

I'm sure Sunshine will be 60fps but I wonder if 64 will be

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
People asking how Galaxy will work and forget Sunshine had analogue triggers for fludd, does it means that ypu need the gamecube controller adapter for it?

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
People asking how Galaxy will work and forget Sunshine had analogue triggers for fludd, does it means that ypu need the gamecube controller adapter for it?

Some might be upset that it would invalidate previous controller purchases but if they FINALLY gave us the Gamecube analogue trigger on the Pro Controller I would finally concede it is the new gold standard for game controllers.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Bittersweet news. Not really interested in replaying Super Mario games (They're great, but I don't need to replay them.)

As for Paper Mario, I more than expect it to be another very disappointing entry. Really wish I was wrong, but I have very little hope.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I see the sources in the OP for everything except Galaxy 2... where does that info come from?

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
This is so going to be their holiday title. lmfao

I really hope they have something else planned, something big and original.

jalkerway

Oct 27, 2017
I assume people saying "physical show" mean press conference, not a physical presence on the E3 showfloor.

PaultheNerd

Dec 25, 2018
I never got to play Sunshine, but it seems like people have a lot of strife with it, what's the main issues with the game? Is it technical or preference?

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
A remake of Mario 64 is amazing news. And I thought the Paper Mario was rumored to be a return to form?
This.

Can someone remind us why posters here and a couple of leakers, were claiming that Paper Mario is returning to RPG roots/making TYD comparisons in the Direct thread?

A lot of people were saying this. Where did it come from?

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely in for this. Individually or combined, whatever. I'll accept ports of the lot, Pachinko and all.

My main curiosity is about how exactly they're going to handle SM64. It's a fantastic game in its own right, so if it turns out to be a 1:1 remake then, hey, go for it. But part of the fun I have with it is its bugs, its exploits, etc. I'm hardly a speedrunning expert, but I find my joy in doing the 31-star runs. which, obviously, won't be possible in a remake, or if it's the DS version being ported over. No BLJ for you.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this is legit. I've had to rebuy and re-rebuy so many SNES rom dumps from this company over the past 13ish years (whenever the Wii Store first popped up) it's difficult for me to believe that Nintendo would rerelease all these games as a Super Mario All-Stars type deal. It's very rare for modern Nintendo to be that generous. I could see them announce 2020 as a year to celebrate Mario, then put out a monthly remaster for $30 a pop.

I'm all for being proven wrong tho. Hope to see an All Stars 2.

Oct 27, 2017
Mario 64 has to be a full remake, they've already made 64 related content in Odyssey, it would make more sense to make it using Odyssey assets. All the rest can be remasters with 1080p support.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Wait, what?! Now the rumors say that Sunshine will get remade/remastered as well?! That would be sooooooooooo good.

I think Sunshine is heavily underrated, I hope this will allow it to get the love it deserves.
I also hope Mario 64 and Sunshine (especially 64) are actual remakes, they need it. Galaxy 1 & 2 remastered will be bonkers. Heck, give me everything!

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
This.

Can someone remind us why posters here and a couple of leakers, were claiming that Paper Mario is returning to RPG roots/making TYD comparisons in the Direct thread?

A lot of people were saying this. Where did it come from?
User Zippo who has made teases on announcements, a few accurate, others not.

If you mean in terms of general summation, it is because the producers stated that the next PM game will have a different style than the 3DS/WiiU games.

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
On some level, I envy you. But on another level I feel terrible that you've never experienced these games before now.
Lol yeah I get what you mean.
Back in the n64 days it was super expensive to be a Nintendo fan in Chile , so I had to move to Sony (which allow me to experience the masterpiece of FFVII, MGS and others, so it wasn't that bad), then because of high school and college I stop playing for a bit until the WiiU gen. So in retrospective it wasn't that bad, and now hopefully I get the chance to try all these masterpieces for the first time.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm in no matter the form, I replay all of these on a normal basis(well cept galaxies that's overdue.
However a 64 Sunshine 2in1 remake in Odyssey's engine would be amazing

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I would love this just so I don't have to charge batteries for the wiimote to play Galaxy

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
User Zippo who has made teases on announcements, a few accurate, others not.

If you mean in terms of general summation, it is because the producers stated that the next PM game will have a different style than the 3DS/WiiU games.
Was Zippo the one who said fans of TYD will be very happy about this new Paper Mario game? Or was that someone on Twitter that we were quoting on the forum.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
Based on the articles :

-64, Sunshine and Galaxy will be treated as remasters, not remakes

-Paper Mario is a new game

-3D World is its own thing with added content

-more new Mario games are coming. It seems not many people talk about that but the VGC article is pretty crystal clear about it.
My guess is Odyssey 2 as the big holiday game and Rabbids Mario 2 (Harker might be aware of that based on his Direct comment)
Music to my ears.

Now just give me a Sunshine Remake made by the Splatoon team that fixes the original games issues. I'm suggesting that specifically because the Splatoon single player campaign reminds me so much of Sunshine.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Holy shit, I never though Super Mario 3D All-Stars would happen, but here we are.

I'm so fucking to me pumped for this and the new Paper Mario.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Was Zippo the one who said fans of TYD will be very happy about this new Paper Mario game? Or was that someone on Twitter that we were quoting on the forum.
I don't know, probably the other source if you're talking about that exact phrasing. I'm not one for PM2 idolatry, so I'm not attentive on these kinds of excited statements.

aerobinson

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
This is the most joyous news I've received during this pandemic. I'm including my sister announcing she's pregnant (again).

Status
Not open for further replies.