• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2018
Nintendo you better package all these games together for 60$ you motherfuckers or no buy from me.

New Paper Mario is an insta buy for me though nomatter what form it takes.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, knowing Nintendo they'd rather piece meal all these ports but...

If this actually ends up being a Super Mario All-Stars case where the N64 - Wii ports are remastered versions of the OG games, then this is going to be a legendary package.
A HD collection of all those would be Orange Box level tbh, hard to believe but I pray to god it's real

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
15xuqb.jpg
"We dont comment on rumors or speculation. "

Oct 26, 2017
Good for the people who widely regard them as that, I guess.
Which is the overwhelming majority of people. It's like if I went into a thread about The Last of Us 2 and said "Well Naughty Dog usually makes average games so I guess this one will be alright too". You're more than allowed to think of it as such but most would call that out

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine bundled for $59.99
Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 bundled for $59.99
Super Mario 3D World Deluxe for $59.99

...is the most likely scenario to me. Released in that order.

64 is the real draw of the 64/Sunshine set; they won't let people buy just that for $29.99.
I really hope it will be something like that.

I am so ready to do 64, again, but in 1080p/60FPS and free camera control. Can't wait to finally play Sunshine, the black sheep.

Galaxy, give it to me. Am I ready to play spring Mario again? No, this thing infuriated me, and I am a very calm player. I rage quit the game, first and only time in my life. Can't remember which level exactly.

3D Land/World, I know a lot of people loved both (specially World) but it did nothing to me. Isometric view doesn't fit platformers well (at least it works better on 3DS) . So I think I will pass.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
While I'm glad to see the Switch become the central platform where nearly every Nintendo game is available, I really wish we'd see more new games instead of ports from previous Nintendo consoles.

I think 2020 would be pretty disappointing if the only new AAA game we get from Nintendo is Animal Crossing (which I love). Hopefully we get something announced for later this year soon because all these ports is getting a little tiring.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the biggest problem with so many marios is that Nintendo will have to balance them as to not cause fatigue

Ecks

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ooooh good compilation. As long as they can fix the clunkyness of Sunshine I'm on board. That game doesn't hold up too well anymore.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Weird take incoming but if these are full on remasters I hope mario 64 doesn't look like 3D world. I have a feeling they'll want to make it all cutesy and polished like how we imagine the game was, but a lot of 64 looks and feels the way new donk city does: weirdly earthy, dissonant, and distinctly unmario

tbh even odyssey got the mushroom kingdom wrong though so I won't get my hopes up for seeing a lot of gritty brickwork

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone not aware, an official HD version of Galaxy for the Tegra X1 already exists in the form of the Chinese Nvidia Shield version.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
They could do a simple "cleaned up" collection, but really, if they gave Mario 64 the Crash/Spyro treatment in the Odyssey engine... they would sell as many at full price as they could print.

Jan 10, 2018
While I'm glad to see the Switch become the central platform where nearly every Nintendo game is available, I really wish we'd see more new games instead of ports from previous Nintendo consoles.

I think 2020 would be pretty disappointing if the only new AAA game we get from Nintendo is Animal Crossing (which I love). Hopefully we get something announced for later this year soon because all these ports is getting a little tiring.

Looks at Zelda avatar. Completely forgets if they announced something for that franchise.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
64 would need to be a modern remake for me to bite while sunshine would need to fix the camera and the blue coins shit.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With so many titles apparently incoming, can they really be full-service remasters? Seems more likely they would be lower-effort HD uprezzes.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How would Sunshine work when the Switch's controllers have digital shoulder buttons? I thought that Sunshine relied on the analogue shoulder buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.