• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Galaxy yes, 3D World with new levels yes, new Paper Mario double yes.

I still have a voucher left, looks like I have something to spend it on.

Oct 24, 2019
64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and 3D World are all coming this year?

Guess this is the year I finally buy a Switch.

Now if they just toss in WindWaker and Twilight Princess remasters for good measure...

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
To my knowledge there's never been any credible rumors about Galaxy re-releases

3D World has been talked about a bit in the last 6 months or so, likely because it's obviously happening as the last big Wii U title that hasn't been ported (or received a direct follow up, like Smash or Splatoon 2)

I don't mean these exactly, but that there're ports in the works that never materialize.

Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
I'll probably pick up 64 for the nostalgia and the Galaxy games since I never played them. Prob hold back on Sunshine and 3D World at least to start (haven't played those either). I wonder what pricing will look like.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping they don't base the Mario 64 remaster on the DS version, with those level changes and extra characters.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't sunshine need to be remade considering the voice acting and some other issues?

Deleted member 15123

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Far too good to be true, but I'm pretty exited and cautiously optimistic. Sunshine is my secret favourite Mario game.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Super Mario Sunshine was quite underrated as a game. Great atmosphere, too.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't give a fuck about Galaxy, bit 3D World with new levels? YES
zqK1oRQ.png

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully they'll upgrade the graphics... 1080p res isn't enough, at least for me (emulation already does that).

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
If it's SMG 1&2 together for $60, I'm probably there. SM3DW for $60, I'm not. Cost worries aside, this pleases me, even though I'm still hoping we get proper sequels to these at some point instead of Odyssey 2 (which again, is just me being picky... I'd buy Odyssey 2 day one as well LOL).

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Couldn't wait any longer and bought a WiiU for 3D World a couple of months ago.

However, extra levels will probably mean I'll be double-dipping, and I'm guessing it will look a bit prettier. A remaster of Galaxy is fucking awesome though, day 1.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Sunshine in HD would be marvelous. Give it that Windwaker HD treatment.
64...I wouldn't mind revisiting it. I too didn't care for the DS changes though. But the DS version with proper controls certainly does sound enticing...

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Remasters of he older 3D games would be cool, assuming they are of good quality. Just bumping up the resolution N64/GC/Wii games isn't going to cut it though, particularly for the former, considering the level of quality of many remasters these days.

Skeptical about Paper Mario for now, considering the series hasn't been good for a while...would love it if this was truly a return to form.

The only thing that bugs me about all of this is that Mario is always so we'll represented on Nintendo platforms, and certainly on the Switch, so it makes me kind of sad that so many of their other series can't even get a single new game or remaster.

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
At last!!! Super Mario galaxy deluxe with both games morphed into 1 would be awesome...with a shared interface for navigation that is not the simplistic space ship or the lengthy wandering of the first one....a thousand year door inspired paper mario, 3d World and pikmin 3 +4 would complete my gaming year...

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Ah god, don't give me hope. This would all be awesome. But I dont believe it.

Especially Paper Mario. Until Sticker Star and Color Splash are buried 25 feet underground, filled in with cement, and topped with a statue of Geno, I dont want to believe that good Paper Mario is back.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I would love a SM64 remaster in HD. It has to be glorious!

Meanwhile Sunshine... I think that game needs a total remake from scratch. I don't think I will give a chance to that game unless they change and fix many many many things.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
The thought of playing Mario Sunshine on my switch is what I need in these trying times.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, Galaxy is one of those games I tried multiple times but never finished for one reason or another. I would love to grab this. Same with a Galaxy 2 remaster.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Sunshine is my least favorite 3D Mario, but there's a good game under there. I'd love the following:

-60FPS like the original reveal
-Reworked Blue Coins. These should be the same per Shine
-One more world--pushing it, i know.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I expected this to be an answer to Sony and MS.

I don't have to tell you guys but I beat bowser in galaxy 2 again last fall and my lord does that game stand up.

3DWorld is also great for 4 player chaos but a lil too easy for me. Deluxe version would be a must buy tho.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
When they say remaster, do they mean the games will just be rendered at 1080p like the emulators, or are they talking about graphical improvements like Super Mario All Stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.