• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
aaea265a9054b3b8c5df99c64685ec2e.png

f50c7035e532c49a0f6993d988e2e843.png

www.gematsu.com

Rumor: Super Mario back catalog and several other Mario titles coming to Switch in 2020 [Update 2]

Nintendo will celebrate the 35th anniversary of Super Mario in 2020 by re-releasing “most of” the series’ back catalog and several other Mario titles for Switch, according to VGC …
On top of what's currently being reported with the Super Mario back catalogue coming to Switch (check the other threads for that), Gematsu has heard reports of HD remasters of SM64 and Sunshine specifically making their way over to the Switch.
Gematsu said:
Gematsu has heard similar reports, specifically in regards to Super Mario 3D World Deluxe, a new Paper Mario title, and high-definition remasters of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy.
I get the Sunshine hate but the game still has a special place in my heart so I'd love to see it make its way over alongside Galaxy, 3D World and 64. That's definitely a day one cop.

UPDATE: Eurogamer corroborating what Gematsu has heard

Last edited:

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Only the first one? nooo i havent played the second one and looks like im still missing out :(

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
How likely is this to be real?

Our family would lap up all of these older Mario platformers no problem.

Oct 25, 2017
México
I've said this before but now seems like a good time to say it again. 3D World is a legitimately badly made game and one of the worst modern games from Nintendo ever. Sunshine on the other hand is fantastic and I can only assume the people who don't like it are just bad at the game. That's the only logical explanation. If 3D World gets a port and Sunshine doesn't I'll be very very disappointed.
That's the most incorrect opinion I have ever read on the Internet in my 36 years of existence.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
as someone currently playing galaxy 1 in 4k on pc......

I would still buy any offeringin a heartbeat. BRING IT ON NINTENDO!!!

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I've said this before but now seems like a good time to say it again. 3D World is a legitimately badly made game and one of the worst modern games from Nintendo ever. Sunshine on the other hand is fantastic and I can only assume the people who don't like it are just bad at the game. That's the only logical explanation. If 3D World gets a port and Sunshine doesn't I'll be very very disappointed.

I'm not sure I'd rate Sunshine as highly but I found 3D World to be the most mediocre 3D Mario game bar none, I've beat twice (one singleplayer and one multiplayer) and I really don't get all the love it gets. I preferred 3D Land

Nov 5, 2017
This is some cool news. The last Nintendo home console I owned (prior to buying a Switch) was the Gamecube, so I missed out on a bunch of Wii-exclusive games such as Galaxy/Galaxy 2. I can't wait to play these on the Switch!

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mario 64 in HD would be a real trip. Not sure if I ever really want it? The low-poly look is a big part of the charm for me.

Sunshine is going to be gorgeous, though.

Aug 12, 2019

The hell have you been smoking, 3D World is phenomenal and genuinely a super creative title.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't think a potential Paper Mario could get me excited anymore, but somehow I have some hope. I'm not crazy excited about ports/remasters of old Mario games, but it has been a while since I played Galaxy.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
More interested in this than 3D World for sure, if I didn't 100% 3D World I would have got it but my Wii U is still near me so a few more level won't sell it.
I'm glad about 64, hopefully it'll have the DS additional content too.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what this implies for Super Mario 64. Simply an up-res'd game or an actual remaster?

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Shouldn't this be marked as a rumour? Also I feel like we keep hearing of these things every other week and never end up happening.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Holy fucking shit.

This is so un-Nintendo, I'm losing my mind.

I mean, you can't just do a "remaster" of Super Mario 64 though. Would this be a remake using Odyssey assets?

Would they add in the DS content?

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Now we are talking! I will be so disappointed if they drop a bunch of 3D mario remasters and 64 is not included. Physical release please, Nintendo!

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully not bundled together with Galaxy and 3D World, I just want 64 and Sunshine.

I mean, you can't just do a "remaster" of Super Mario 64 though. Would this be a remake using Odyssey assets?

Would they add in the DS content?

I mean, of course you can do just a remaster, just render it at a native 1080p.

Oct 25, 2017
I need to know more, I wonder if it's just going to be regular ass ports(nothing wrong with that), or if Nintendo will actually go all in with these "remasters".

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Why not announce this at the direct?
Nintendo usually announces games when they have a clear release date--some exception like the disastrous Wii U years to please investors.

If all these rumors are true, it would be a Super Mario Direct, not just a generic ND.

Status
Not open for further replies.