• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
This would be very neat.

I would gladly play the Galaxy games in HD. Some of my favorite of all time.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
When they say "most of Super Mario's 35 year back catalogue" do they just mean the platforming titles? I sort of assume as much but I can dream right? Having the good paper mario games on switch would be ace. If they don't ditch the whole sticker combat in the new title, I will be disappointed. I'd rather they give Super Paper Mario style another go than deal with sticker combat again. This is going to be huge if that's their E3 plans, holy shit.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So we're getting something like the Super Mario Collection (64, Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3D World)?

Or are they releasing all of these separately? I can't see all of them coming out this year if they're being released separately.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
This is pretty exciting. What I want (but I know I'll probably never get) is All-Stars/World on a Switch cart.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
By a "remaster" they probably mean a collection. We often see ports and collections called remasters now.

As expressed by earlier sentiments in the thread, I am already prepared to be disappointed by a new Paper Mario.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So we're getting something like the Super Mario Collection (64, Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3D World)?

Or are they releasing all of these separately? I can't see all of them coming out this year if they're being released separately.

I struggle to imagine Nintendo selling them all at once, given they put switch remasters out for full or near full price. They probably wouldn't shy away from expecting they can get more than $60 for all of them together.

Maybe three releases, 64 + Sunshine, Galaxy duology, 3d Land + World (Or just world)

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Do you mean like Mario All-Stars?

Those are already available in the NES and SNES online. The games that is.

That leaves for mainline:

SM64
Sunshine
Galaxy duo
3D Land/World
the rest of the New Series

I can't see Nintendo, which is super conservative about spacing stuff out, release even ports of all these in just one year.
This doesn't say anything about how they'd be released. They don't necessarily need to put them all on one cart

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So remastered Mario titles, plus "several other" Mario titles. So all of these core Super Mario games, Paper Mario...and what else?

Mario Golf? Super Mario Party 2?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I demand Mario Clash!

Edit: I wonder if there's any possibility of a new - or remastered - Mario Vs. DK entry. I'm including DK94 as broadly part of that.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Maybe this is what Emily was referring to.

But even then, how would this be handled?
Super Mario 64 via Nintendo Switch Online N64 console?
What about Sunshine or Galaxy games? Will they be remastered? Or just ports? Doing ports would be a massive disservice.
I think you also reach a point of oversaturation unless they're all together in a collection which I feel like Nintendo wouldn't do

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm one of those weird people that liked Color Splash (especially it's artstyle, so so good) and hope they improve of that by making it more of an RPG again. There was alot to like about Color splash.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Really hope Mario 64 is remastered for Switch. That would be amazing. I've never played either of the Galaxy games, so those would be great as well. Hoping this is true!

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more excited about new paper Mario tbh. The galaxies can be played in 4K with HD textures/UI with a real Wiimote on Dolphin.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The "several other titles" bit is what interests me. From the implication of the back catalog it sounds like we could get Sunshine, the Galaxies, and 3D world. But several other titles means we'll probably also get a new spin off as well, which I'm always a fan of personally.

Do you mean like Mario All-Stars?

Those are already available in the NES and SNES online. The games that is.

That leaves for mainline:

SM64
Sunshine
Galaxy duo
3D Land/World
the rest of the New Series

I can't see Nintendo, which is super conservative about spacing stuff out, release even ports of all these in just one year.
This is a big anniversary year for the series. They could bundle them together in a "Super Mario All-Stars" minus the New Series.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This doesn't say anything about how they'd be released. They don't necessarily need to put them all on one cart
Oh I don't care the delivery method.

Just talking from a marketing perspective. Nintendo really takes this super conservative view with their IP. It's why there are rarely multiple Mario Karts per single console.

I could see them doing an All-Star 2 of sorts with the EAD Tokyo Games--Galaxy duo, 3DLand/World. But that's it. Maybe through in SM64 in there. A 3D collection of sorts.

I can't see that plus the Paper Mario games, and so on.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Plz don't all be $60 bucks each Nintendo.

VigilantPleasantArrowana-size_restricted.gif

They are gonna 59.99 each, people online will moan and then they'll sell a lot.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If this is true, hopefully Paper Mario Switch is more in line with the first two games.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
Why? Remember the current Paper Mario is the way it is because the M&L series was thought to already cover Mario RPGs and now that AlphaDream is gone...

Unless they developed a game in 5+ months, how are the 2 things correlated?

And even if the next game is a ""return to form"", it doesn't mean it will have had anything to do with AlphaDream's bankruptcy.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 and Sunshine HD on my Switch? Yes please.
If this is true I wonder it they will be released individually or in an anniversary collection?

(I already know the answer just let me dream)

I so dearly hope that Paper Mario ala 64 and Thousand Year Door becomes a reality, literally one of my dream games.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
35 seems an odd number to celebrate, but I'm down for Sunshine & Galaxy especially.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
This goes right in line with Emily Rogers saying this would be a good year for Mario fans. Here are my guesses:

1. Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario RPG coming to SNES Nintendo Online
2. N64 games added to the service specifically emphasizing Mario games (Mario 64, Kart 64, OG Paper Mario, Tennis, Golf, Party)
3. Super Mario 3D World Deluxe (It's time)
4. A new Paper Mario in a similar style to Thousand-Year Door.

I'd love to see ports of Sunshine and Galaxy 1+2 however. Maybe put them together as a collection?

Oct 27, 2017
It's why there are rarely multiple Mario Karts per single console.
They NEVER do. It has little to do with conservatism and more to do with that's just the nature of some of their series. Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and probably Splatoon. Certain games you can almost be certain there will only be 1 per console. I think it's more about oversaturation and splitting the userbase. And also these games sell well throughout the console's lifetime so there's no real hurry for a sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.