• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I was there when a friend got his Amazon UK ordered consoles. There was no Amazon tape on the box. Shockingly, the box containing the digital PS5 had a small sticker on it clearly identifying what it was! Legit shocked it wasn't stolen.

Oct 27, 2017
is it me or does Amazon in the UK seem to hire some shady ass people? I always hear news like this happening often in the UK.

This is the first I've heard of anything like this happening at a console launch. I'm not saying shady people aren't hired, but the vast majority of my couriers, be they DPD, Yodel, Hermes, or non-descript white van are by and large hard workers. Oh and, it's not UK couriers who are a freaking meme at this point with how some of them treat packages. So yeah, quit bismirching UK couriers! xD

Dec 2, 2017
I remember the days when Amazon would just process a refund.

I'm not saying it's right, as obviously there are people that clearly took advantage of their generous returns policy but I wonder why I bother with Amazon anymore. Their prices aren't as great as they used to be, deliveries are often a shambles, and their customer service is getting worse.

I'd be so happy if my parcel randomly get's delivered tomorrow (or rather later today) but I can't see it happening.
I quite agree. It's not like there's no amazon alternatives. After this debacle I think I'll close my account.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Since they dropped royal mail amazon has been a shitshow here. I try to avoid them if at all possible now.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Since they dropped royal mail amazon has been a shitshow here. I try to avoid them if at all possible now.

Have they dropped them?

I had two items delivered the other day from amazon by Royal Mail, items that were sold and dispatched by amazon. They're probably using anyone right now though.

Hermes in my area are actually very good. DPD DHL and UPS are very good too. DPD seem to be the best.

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Step son got his new Xbox with Amazon UK, they used some company I've never heard of to deliver it. Turned up in a small poxy 'work van' and dropped the box off, it was all very unprofessional from a company like Amazon delivering such a sought after product.

That being said he did receive it at launch

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
Step son got his new Xbox with Amazon UK, they used some company I've never heard of to deliver it. Turned up in a small poxy 'work van' and dropped the box off, it was all very unprofessional from a company like Amazon delivering such a sought after product.

That being said he did receive it at launch
Amazon Germany is also heavily using sub contractors, but I don't think that these subcontractors have the time left to do such scams. Their schedule is way tough and the bad thing I encountered is delivering my parcel to the post office instead to me.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
If the box is sealed, the driver has no guilty. It was the warehouse worker that prepare the shipment!

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Amazon are tracking the serial numbers of these consoles and reporting stolen ones to manufacturers and/or police.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My PS5 amazon UK Parcel what I sent to my Brother had a Password that needed to be given or they wouldnt accept the order. Never seen that before.

Mine didn't have a password sent,but it did have the order marked as 'signature required'. Guy just dropped it in front of the door, rang the bell then walked off. I was obviously waiting for it and work out of the room facing the road anyway so not a big deal, but could easily have been missed.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
Drivers don't have the time to do it in the warehouse. They do sort the boxes in the van so I guess they might know which one has a ps5 in it... bet They must have someone follow them from behind and give the box away to do the swap and meet the driver at their next drop off with swapped box. Drivers are on a GPS and from what I remember at my time there they would sometimes get reprimanded if they deviate from the amazon gps directions.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Have they dropped them?

I had two items delivered the other day from amazon by Royal Mail, items that were sold and dispatched by amazon. They're probably using anyone right now though.

Hermes in my area are actually very good. DPD DHL and UPS are very good too. DPD seem to be the best.
Amazon haven't. But they have diversified their choices of delivery services depending on the product and vendor.

Regardless, it's disgraceful that it looks to have happened on the scale that it has. My sympathies go to those affected, hope you get your consoles pronto.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Man, I've heard so many stories about delivery mishaps is the US/Europe. What confuses me the most is why do the delivery people leave packages out in the open instead of bringing it back to the warehouse when nobody is in? Where I'm at, they either give me a call, try again another day or leave a slip asking me to collect the package at their warehouse in person.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
I've always ordered expenses things from John Lewis over any other company. Trust them the most.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
Most of these have been retaped with standard tape instead of the Amazon tape.
It's weird though, in my experience, removing the Amazon tape scuffs the box up. Here it looks like it was either perfectly removed or never applied, then sealed with standard tape.

But yeah, regardless, if this is purposefully being done, it's probably the drivers. I'm willing to bet the security at those fulfillment centres is straight up demeaning.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Waiting on mine. Missed the first delivery as I was in the shower. They then said it would be delivered by 11pm last night but wasn't. Now they saying will come today although looking at my order page it doesn't say out for delivery.

Mine does require the one time pass code

Flounder

Oct 28, 2017
It is really strange that Amazon UK didn't have the one time password for the PS5, mine was just dumped at the front door and the driver sped off by the time I got to it. However, my AVR blew up yesterday and I ordered a new one which is coming today, despite being cheaper than the PS5 it requires a one time password:

Secured Delivery with One-Time Password

Due to the value of some items, a one-time password may be required at delivery. If a one-time password is required, we'll send you an e-mail after the item has dispatched.
The one-time password (OTP) verification adds an additional layer of security to your deliveries.
  • We'll send a one-time password to your registered email address when the parcel is out for delivery.
  • You can also find your one-time password by clicking on the Track Package button next to the order in Your Orders.
  • It is a 6-digit numeric PIN and valid till the end of the day.
  • Read the password you've received to the delivery agent.
Once the password verification is completed, the driver will hand the parcel over to you.
Note:
  • In case, you're not at the delivery address to receive the parcel, you may share the password with whomever you designate to receive it on your behalf. Alternatively, we will re-attempt the delivery on the next working day.
  • We don't recommend you share this password with anyone unknown to you.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It is really strange that Amazon UK didn't have the one time password for the PS5, mine was just dumped at the front door and the driver sped off by the time I got to it. However, my AVR blew up yesterday and I ordered a new one which is coming today, despite being cheaper than the PS5 it requires a one time password:
They have done that for some ps5 orders, it just depends on what courier they're using I expect, they can't make other couriers do that if their system doesn't support it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised in the slightest. I've had friends who've worked for Amazon and they have literally all said the same thing, sometimes managers turn a blind eye despite knowing that the drivers have stolen items. I've heard of OLEDs being stolen etc.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really sad to hear this is happening to people; I sincerely hope the people scammed are compensated and get their machines. The folk that did it need found and investigated.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
i'm sorry, but that cat's smug-ass face on that box is making me laugh too hard lmao
Hahaha. This made me chuckle.

I'm sorry to hear this has been happening. The news programmes, basically all of them, have been covering the PS5 launch saying it's sold out and one of the hottest items at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if someone's trying to make a buck or two.

The deliveries with the 'wrong' items look suspicious though. I've had a delivery from Amazon in the past where it was being delivered to an Amazon drop-off location and the driver marked It as delivered. When I went to pick it up, it wasn't there and turns out it got delivered there the following day. I think the person just marked it as delivered so that they're not marked down as having delivered it late.

Response from Amazon
OP
OP
Kyonashi

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
Got my first email response from Amazon, I've weighed the parcel myself and it comes it at 5kg not the 6.9kg on the box so this is just fundamentally incorrect...

3-B311718-0-AB6-43-C0-B5-EF-0-AB820-CFC848.jpg

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow this is weird as my Amazon delivery for my PS5 was weird too. In the morning had a notification to say it was 7 stops away but then it wasn't showing up on the map. Then in the afternoon I went to the kitchen and saw a van at the end of my drive so thought great it's finally arrived. Went to the door and waited for a minute or two and then the van reversed up my drive and started to drive off. The driver saw me at the door so slowed down and shouted "left it in front of your car" and drove off.

I went outside and sure enough there it was just sat there on the drive for anyone walking passed to grab. No note through the door, no knocking or anything, I know they didn't knock as I have a German Shepherd and anyone touch the door sets him off barking so they definitely didn't knock.

Last week with my XSX they did something similar and the lady said she couldn't find my box on the van so drove off. After talking with customer support I checked the tracking to see where she was so drive over and got her to check the van again and this time she found it so that was weird too.
Whoa. Do you have an instruction on your account to say that items can be left on your drive like that?

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
This is scummy and I feel for people that didn't get their consoles.
But at the same time, I'm grateful for all these people that have delivered stuff to my house during the pandemic. Couldn't care less if it was from a van, car, motorbike or on foot.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Got my first email response from Amazon, I've weighed the parcel myself and it comes it at 5kg not the 6.9kg on the box so this is just fundamentally incorrect...

3-B311718-0-AB6-43-C0-B5-EF-0-AB820-CFC848.jpg

Honestly I would go higher mate, demand a phone call sometimes a voice is what makes it clear to them yeah mate No I'm not waiting.. had to do this with DPD of all people yesterday had an 830 to 930 slot driver takes of photo of the fucking depot to say he attempted delivery TWICE, two angry ass calls and a live chat latee at 3pm PS5 shows up Driver looks like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar stone faced livid and just asked my name and ran off like he was gonna get punched if he stayed.. I admit I was close to.. was so fucking obvious dickhead was trying to pocket it.

DAHGAMING

Oct 26, 2017
is it me or does Amazon in the UK seem to hire some shady ass people? I always hear news like this happening often in the UK.

We are a shady bunch, 32 years born and bred here and I hate most people here, sort of characters that would stamp on there own nan if they got somthing for it. Everyone out for thereself, scams all over the place and people trying to have you over.

grizzelye

Oct 29, 2017
I don't trust Amazon with their freelance delivery drivers. ShopTo used UPS when they delivered my XSX, was dissapointed they didn't use DPD

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I feel glad I got mine, that's not to say it was perfect. Here in the US the Amazon driver didn't knock on my door per my delivery instructions, and instead I knew it was here because the driver quite literally slammed it against my door. I opened the box and the PS5 box was smaller than the delivery box so it definitely got jostled around. I contacted support and they went all "Thanks for the feedback." and quickly ended chat.

I know drivers are stressed and I kinda feel like a dick for complaining, but is it really that ridiculous to ask for our packages to be handled with care? If this is how they're treated on delivery, hate to imagine how they're treated in the warehouse and during loading. Knock on wood, my PS5 seems to be working fine thankfully.

Bethell

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, theres always things mis-delivered accidentally, just they're never mass reported like this. I doubt its anything unusual

Sun-Squirrel

Sep 25, 2020
Dundee
A lot of companies like Hermes don't even do proper background checks when you apply for a job, wouldn't be surprised if Amazon was the same in the lead up to Christmas.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Ohh am I glad Amazon seems to use PostNord here in Sweden for their home deliveries.

Not that I plan on buying anything on amazon.se though.

I hope they get the drivers or whoever is responsible for this, and that all that have gotten their PS5 stolen get a new one swiftly.

WJD

Nov 4, 2017
Screenshot-2020-11-20-at-09-42-36.png

This is my current situation. Talked to someone on Amazon chat and they've said if it doesn't arrive by Sunday then to request a refund, which frankly feels a little sus.

Even more galling that people who ordered their consoles yesterday are already getting deliveries today.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Crazy shit, saw a thread about UPS? yesterday evening and didn't believe this shit was actually happening.

Do drivers know the contents of the packages?

I will never stop saying it: NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM AMAZON. NOT JUST CONSOLES AND/OR VIDEO GAMES. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM AMAZON.

And not because of this shit, the way they treat their workers is absolutely horrible

Odc

Oct 28, 2017
Screenshot-2020-11-20-at-09-42-36.png

This is my current situation. Talked to someone on Amazon chat and they've said if it doesn't arrive by Sunday then to request a refund, which frankly feels a little sus.

Even more galling that people who ordered their consoles yesterday are already getting deliveries today.
Literally exactly the same spot that I'm in. Offered the refund on Sunday. No option for a replacement!!!

FRS1987

Oct 31, 2017
New Jersey
I feel like this is affecting regular deliveries in the U.S too. I ordered a Blu-ray movie and it "went missing and somehow lost". Never happened ever with me and Amazon. It was on delivery too towards my house. I wonder if they thought it was a PS5 game. I got a replacement movie and it arrived right away.