• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Go to school, get shot, get taken to hospital, get shot again 🦅🦅🦅🦅🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

I shouldn't have laughed.

f5e.gif

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe soon other countries can start accepting US citizens as political refugees and grant them asylum.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I want to ask why, but I guess there is no point. They are all evil bastards. GOP is truly a death cult now.
Ultimately it's because there are people who actively want shootings in America to be out of control and try to enable that situation. Nowhere else has this problem to anywhere near this degree, so if there was any genuine interest in a solution, it seems like it's easy enough that America would have stumbled onto it.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017

No idea of this is accurate but probably

www.nbclosangeles.com

10th Grader Injured in Shooting Outside Grant High School in Van Nuys, LAPD Says

Shots were fired outside Grant High School in Van Nuys Wednesday afternoon, and one person may have been hurt, the Los Angeles Police Department said.

www.timesleader.com

UPDATE: Search still on for Pittston Township shooting suspect - Times Leader

PITTSTON TWP. — Police are still searching for a suspect following a shooting incident in the Walmart plaza on Route 315 this afternoon.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Reminds me of veterans that would serve several tours in Iraq only to come back and be gunned down for whatever reason.

Unless it's Chris Kyle. Guy who creamed himself over murdering countless brown people then got shot by a fellow soldier? 👍

My level of empathy has some very strict limits.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Where have all the good guys with guns gone?

We're probably better off when the so called "good guys with guns" don't all try to be heroes. I'm just imagining them all running in, mistaking each other for the attacker, and adding to the carnage.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Everyday is a tragedy in this country. And it's not just these big mass shootings but it's the small shootings too that people rarely hear about. I recently got youtube recommending me local news stories from all over the county and holy shit. It's overwhelming. So much senseless death. Every single day.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
We're probably better off when the so called "good guys with guns" don't all try to be heroes. I'm just imagining them all running in, mistaking each other for the attacker, and adding to the carnage.

Probably happens more than we think. I remember a story of someone stealing from a store somewhere nearby and some "good guy with a gun" pulling a concealed weapon and shooting an innocent bystander

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Probably happens more than we think. I remember a story of someone stealing from a store somewhere nearby and some "good guy with a gun" pulling a concealed weapon and shooting an innocent bystander

No doubt.

Off the top of my head

There was a mall shooting where a cop killed a "good guy with a gun", a military vet, who was engaging the attacker.

There was security guard killed by police after stopping someone who tried to shoot up a club.

And there's countless examples of police shooting plain clothes cops.

I also remember their being a concealed carrier on the scene when Gabby Giffords was shot. He said he was a split second away from shooting the person who wrestled the gun away from the attacker. And part of what deterred him was fear that others would see him as a second attacker.

Last edited:

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
FTFY.

www.gunviolencearchive.org

Mass Shootings in 2021 | Gun Violence Archive

Gun Violence Archive (GVA) is a not for profit corporation formed in 2013 to provide free online public access to accurate information about gun-related violence in the United States. GVA will collect and check for accuracy, comprehensive information about gun-related violence in the U.S. and...
geez i try not to think about how this is a daily thing over there in the US ,sad times

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
There was a shooting at a festival in Tulsa two days ago maybe three days ago. Multiple shot there too and I think one casualty

God damn

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I think Massachusetts has if not the lowest, one of the lowest gun fatality rates in the country. All it tells me is we are bad at aiming because our local news is about people getting shot the first 7 minutes of every newscast.
Country is a joke.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
Quite the headline:

5 people dead at Tulsa medical building, in the 233rd mass shooting of 2022

The shooting marks the 233rd mass shooting for the year in the U.S., per data collected by the Gun Violence Archive. The archive characterizes a mass shooting as four or more shot or killed, not including the shooter.

www.npr.org

5 people dead at Tulsa medical building, in the 233rd mass shooting of 2022

"Four innocents and one shooter" are dead, says Jonathan Brooks of the Tulsa police department at a news conference on Wednesday.

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
I think Massachusetts has if not the lowest, one of the lowest gun fatality rates in the country. All it tells me is we are bad at aiming because our local news is about people getting shot the first 7 minutes of every newscast.
Country is a joke.
The second 7 minutes is about a fire some where and after that the derailment of a new orange line train.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Damn the people who continue to keep their love of guns above basic human life to hell.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Time to arm nurse and doctors that will help. /s

Hate that this happened and people are yet again grieving to this crap.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Damn the people who continue to keep their love of guns above basic human life to hell.

The poll in the recent gun owner thread was an eye-opener. Didn't realize there were so many here. I guess it's inevitable if you live in a place where you're surrounded by toothless hayseeds who all have guns, but I dunno, people in those states would be better able to say.

I'm one of those elitist monsters who lives on the coast and considers those areas to be fly-over states because who in the goddamn heckin' hell would ever want to stop by and visit, and why? To get shot by a redneck? Or is it hillbilly?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Damn video games!

I'm one of those elitist monsters who lives on the coast and considers those areas to be fly-over states because who in the goddamn heckin' hell would ever want to stop by and visit, and why? To get shot by a redneck? Or is it hillbilly?

I previously lived in Indiana for over thirty years in a moderately sized city, and around there those that lived in the more rural areas surrounding us were called rednecks. It's mainly slang for "country bumpkin" or farmers. Hillbilly? Not so much, and that seems to have a more negative connotation about intelligence and living in actual remote areas that have a lot of hills.