• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Halo Infinite MP Launch Monday?

• Yes

Votes: 929 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 565 28.1%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 517 25.7%

• Total voters

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Something interesting about this is the time of the release date on that image. It says 6PM (ET?), the Xbox 20th Anniversary event is 1PM ET. A 'Halo Infinite MP is available today' is making a ton of sense.
It will be 6PM GMT, as that's the region I am in.
That's also the exact time the event starts

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
That would be amazing.

Holy shit, 20 years 😳 seems like yesterday I was playing the campaign co-op with my brother on Xmas day. What a time we had.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
Damn it's hard for MS to surprise people with all these leaks but I'm definitely excited for this!

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I did think it was weird that your were able to pre-install the multiplayer like a month in advance.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
As an adult with responsibilities and limited time, I'm glad I got some forewarning.
And as the guy making the OT and an adult with work and travel happening right now, I'm pretty glad I got some forewarning too. I'm going to put together a slightly altered OT just incase it does happen, ready for Monday… just incase.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I want to believe, but even after finding that date on the store page I'm not convinced

Oct 27, 2017
Would make my week, especially given the Endwalker delay. Still inclined to call it bogus, I genuinely don't think they're going to upend all the marketing and leadup built for the December release window - especially as having these additional few weeks could be used for polishing everything up.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this will even be available for pre-download if its supposed to be a surprise

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Would be absolutely gold if they announce 'Halo Infinte's free to play multiplayer is available to play, right now"

"for 50 bucks early access, including a bunch of dlc shit"

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know some people shit on others for caring about "spoiling" marketing events, but I mean.

Imagine if this dropped live at the show on Monday without leaking. Holy shit it would have been legendary.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I know some people shit on others for caring about "spoiling" marketing events, but I mean.

Imagine if this dropped live at the show on Monday without leaking. Holy shit it would have been legendary.

Well it still ain't confirmed and only the small dark corners of the internet would actually have heard these leaks

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually kinda bummed out about this lol, i planned some time off/kids &wife being with the in laws for the 8th.
It's gonna be tough to get some time in next week

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Still no dream crushing from Sketch/Uny after 5-6 hours? I think this is pretty likely, lol.

Maxroy

Dec 5, 2019
Since they announced that MP will be free to play they split the marketing pretty heavily in its favour and are fumbling the ball on what makes this Halo 'Infinite' if you pay/sub.

That being said having MP out this early and reviewers possibly having campaign code any day now. This could set them up for a huge holiday push (to sell all the overflow Series S stock) and a TGA nomination.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

FUCK IT
I AM IN
hop-car.gif

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
MS is way too fucking leaky and it all cannot be controlled info releases, Phil needs to have a talk internally.
This would have been an actually pretty huge surprise.