• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Halo Infinite MP Launch Monday?

• Yes

Votes: 929 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 565 28.1%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 517 25.7%

• Total voters

noffles

Nov 10, 2017
I'd be happy with it, but that would be a bold ass move I can't see them doing after the PR disaster that was all of last year.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
www.videogameschronicle.com

Halo Infinite could get an ‘Early Access Bundle’ and at least 4 DLC packs | VGC

Unpublished store listings suggest some will be able to play the game before launch…

We know there'll be an early access. Could there be a nearly month long early access period?

It makes sense because even Jez Corden has said that the Monday event is a "must watch" despite no new game announcements. This would be a megaton.
Ya this is what I'm expecting to happen if it does come out early.
Easy way to cash in a few more non gamepass purchases.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Baller move if true. Xbox is dominating this Holiday and this will be annual with the amount of games they can unleash at any given time.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Open Beta is my guess and would make more sense. Staten has been pretty clear that campaign and Multiplayer are both launching "together, this holiday"

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Nah, i dont see it happening. You dont set a release date, market around it and then completely ignore it.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Fake news.

It just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe some sort of beta drop but I don't see them screwing with their marketing like this. We have a release date and people probably took time off to play it.
They all ready screwed the marketing for this game. I️ was able to buy infinite merch last year.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
Considering the only Halo Infinite stuff you can pre download right now from GP is the multiplayer mode I don't think they are wrong

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But then why hold back just the campaign behind an arbitrary date?? Unless they're not gold and still crunching on it.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Why not I guess. It's F2P anyways, just get it out there in beta/early access. The tech tests seemed pretty good in terms of being ready for release.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One reason i don't believe it's because since MS has now a partnership with EA due to Gamepass/EA Play i don't think they would just cut BF2042's momentum like that.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
One reason i don't believe it's because since MS has now a partnership with EA due to Gamepass/EA Play i don't think they would just cut BF2042's momentum like that.
If this was the plan months ago, then BF2042's delay to this week isn't something MS isn't going to reshuffle this release for.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
But then why hold back just the campaign behind an arbitrary date?? Unless they're not gold and still crunching on it.
Well the campaign also is a physical release and needs to be coordinated with retail marketing presumably. The multiplayer is digital-only as far as I know so it can more easily be stealth dropped.

Not saying this is true, but would be an interesting maneuver.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I don't seem them releasing the full product and fucking over retailers. It will be some early beta thing.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Buffering the reception of the campaign. Would be genius.

Not that the campaign would get a negative reception, but like if it's low-80s it'll get undue negative social media attention. Release the lauded multi-player 3 weeks before and you mitigate any negative online reactions.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Considering they have a pre-load for MP on Gamepass already and not for SP, I could buy this - or at least buy that it will hit early.

Likewise, the latest blog post highlighted a few thing they will be changing that sounded simpler, yet it wont be making launch, so perhaps?

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to need someone to just officially confirm or deny these early access rumors already. I've just been waiting on pressing the button. I would like to buy the game on Steam now.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
The other big FPS releases this year have not lit the world up - I could see them trying to capitalize on the popularity of FH5 with a 1-2 punch

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I would LOVE it but I just don't see them randomly shadowdropping something as big as Halo multiplayer

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
This would give me great joy because I'm off all next week for my bday .

but I doubt it's real

Lpwnsome

Oct 30, 2017
This would be amazing. Please be true. The MP is great and could help build up hype for the campaigns release.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If the flights are anything to go by then the PvP already felt close to the final thing. And they've had another month+ to polish it even more. I wouldn't be surprised if that was ready to go earlier than the 8th.