• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
After 3-4 years of playing almost every day a little bit of Rocket League I decided I was done with the game despite how "good" I am at it.
Rocket League can be a toxic experience, a lot of people express their own toxicity or disdain in voice and text chat and everyone that played it knows how toxic it is.

This wasn't the reason why it was toxic for me. Every year getting progressively better, and getting paired up with griefers or simply bad players on really high ranked games became frustrating and simply stopped being a fun and enjoyable experience.

Another example would be the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer, the matchmaking is absolutely bad that it can pair you up with three level 1 persons against a team full of max leveled players making it an abysmal experience.

As opposed to something like Fall Guys or Overcooked 2, Splatoon or even playing some Mercenaries on Resident evil 5, on which I tend to have a light fun experience while I laugh a lot.

Without getting too much into details, I wanted to ask you for recommendations Era, on current gen (or even last gen that you still play) multiplayer games that bring YOU a great and fun experience without any kind of toxicity involved. All opinions and recommendations are welcome.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
you want 'robust' MP you get toxicity

the vacuum will always be filled unfortunately

Oct 27, 2017
I think Fallout 76 has a very good, easy going community. I've been griefed but only once or twice in dozens and dozens of hours of playtime

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Generally a lot of PvE games like Monster Hunter World or Warframe tend to be a lot more inclusive and non-toxic than PvP. There's still some bad eggs, but for the most part helping other players helps you, so (at least in Warframe) there are people who purposefully play lower level content just to help newer players along and offer them some of the harder resources to grind to help them have a good time. One of the main reasons I've stuck with the game through the many speedbumps in its development since 2014!

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fall guys is great once you get 1st and 2nd place to buy in and team up to keep 3rd place down in the dirt.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
The only multiplayer games I dare to play are the ones without any type of chat. I'm too old to read all the bs teenagers write in chat, so fall guys is perfect for this.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Rocket league is the only competitive game I can stick with. Even with the toxicity I can just mute everyone and even the worst of matches last only a few minutes. Stuff like CSGO, Valorant, LoL with their 30-50 minute matches were a nightmare for me and I was too stressed to get really competitive especially cause those games require communication where as RL quick chat can be sufficient.
Day of Defeat Source. There's like 400 of us left and we're all happy to be there.

I jumped on this recently as DoD was one of my all time favorite MP games and even though the guys I played with were definitely not toxic in the gaming sense they were casually complaining about BLM and "the way the world is going" Maga types which was....interesting. I've noticed WW2 and Medieval games(Mordhau) really attract that demographic. But I'm sure that's not every server.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing FF14 for over two months now. Haven't seen any toxicity yet. Very friendly peeps.

Oct 27, 2017
Fall guys but I've noticed there are more and more people grabbing onto others trying to grief. I lost a round cause of this.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think you're going to find toxicity in every multiplayer game but something like Fall Guys probably wouldn't be as noticeable due to the nature and vibe of the game.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
High rank Rocket League is probably the most toxicity-free competitive game imho because people kinda stop using the chat once you reach champion ranks.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Rocket league is the only competitive game I can stick with. Even with the toxicity I can just mute everyone and even the worst of matches last only a few minutes. Stuff like CSGO, Valorant, LoL with their 30-50 minute matches were a nightmare for me and I was too stressed to get really competitive especially cause those games require communication where as RL quick chat can be sufficient.

I jumped on this recently as DoD was one of my all time favorite MP games and even though the guys I played with were definitely not toxic in the gaming sense they were casually complaining about BLM and "the way the world is going" Maga types which was....interesting. I've noticed WW2 and Medieval games(Mordhau) really attract that demographic. But I'm sure that's not every server.

Rocket League still gets me. I stopped playing due to toxicity and a bit of burnout but recently started again. Was playing 3's a few days ago and a teammate missed an easy tap in and someone said GG that missed tap in cost you the game. This was about thirty seconds into the game and then (of course) they decided to play for the other team scoring goals for them and defending the goal.

But I would imagine for the most part it's not as bad as some experiences merely because how short it is. I cannot fathom how people can be this way. I don't ever remember growing up playing basketball and someone deciding to play for the other team a minute or so in.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
All of them!!
I have it so no one not on my friends list can contact me in any way on any of my platforms 😁😁

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
I would say right now Fall Guys but those team matches makes me want to demolish my teammates. I would be having a blast then those team rounds come and I know shit is gonna get all fucked up. Ugh lol

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Rocket League still gets me. I stopped playing due to toxicity and a bit of burnout but recently started again. Was playing 3's a few days ago and a teammate missed an easy tap in and someone said GG that missed tap in cost you the game. This was about thirty seconds into the game and then (of course) they decided to play for the other team scoring goals for them and defending the goal.

But I would imagine for the most part it's not as bad as some experiences merely because how short it is. I cannot fathom how people can be this way. I don't ever remember growing up playing basketball and someone deciding to play for the other team a minute or so in.
Yeah throwers are bad even in short matches. Honestly I feel there are just a ton of miserable people.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Racing games, specifically Forza Horizon 4 in my case but any of them really.

Oct 25, 2017
Fall Guys starts out as all fun and games, then with time you are screaming at a pigeon for running on your path in Hex-a-gone.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed WW2 and Medieval games(Mordhau) really attract that demographic. But I'm sure that's not every server.
It's cause of plausible deniability. Alot of games set in historic and medieval times attract people who talk about stuff like "historical accuracy" and "authenticity", who try and pass off their hatred of women and minorities as them wanting an "authentic" depiction of the time period.

It sucks because it can be fun to roleplay in medieval games, but a big chunk of those game communities just use it to plausibly deny their real beliefs.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I think coop games might be the thing you're looking for. I've been playing a lot of Deep Rock Galactic, which is like a minecraft dungeon delve crossed with left4dead-style bug swarms, and it's super fun and positive. They even have a dedicated "cheer" button on the v key that people love to use. On the subreddit, probably once a week there's a post about how welcoming the community is.