• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...-robustly-even-after-report-submitted-n988101

Multiple outlets reporting

WASHINGTON — Robert Mueller's federal grand jury is continuing its work even though the special counsel has submitted his final report to Attorney General William Barr, a government prosecutor said Wednesday.
Assistant U.S. Attorney David Goodhand made the admission during a court hearing in Washington about unsealing new details in a mysterious case involving an unidentified foreign company swept up in Mueller's probe.

U.S. District Chief Judge Beryl Howell asked Goodhand if the grand jury had concluded their investigation, given the fact that Mueller has completed his inquiry.
"No," Goodhand said in response. "I can say it's continuing robustly."

Continued

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it...why was a final report submitted if the investigation is ongoing?

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I'm confused as well. The conclusion was drawn there was no collusion with Russia. Would this continue due to possible obstruction we keep hearing about?

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Haven't the same guys who said "report's in, no collusion" been the same ones saying "yep, report's out tonight" every week for the past 6 months?

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
this isn't surprising. there's still the matter of andrew miller, the roger stone associate who they want to testify, and the mystery foreign corporation.
I don't get it...why was a final report submitted if the investigation is ongoing?
there are ongoing matters that don't relate to the investigation into russian election interference or obstruction.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea I'm confused as well. The conclusion was drawn there was no collusion with Russia. Would this continue due to possible obstruction we keep hearing about?

Given this is about some mystery foreign company it might speak more strongly to collusion than obstruction. And we aren't going to see an unredacted/WH edited report unless someone leaks it.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Then why the fuck was the report released

Does Mueller just want to retire really bad? I don't understand any of this, with what we know it seems like one of Mueller's representatives should shoot Barr down with spreading false information

OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Barr's summary was loose with the truth, why has Mueller or a rep not come out and shot him down?

Barr's letter was 94% his own words. Mueller and Barr are friends. Might take him some time to assess and also he's a lifelong Republican. He might not care.

Even if we had the full report, which we don't, and because we don't, it's hard to say if Mueller did a good job or made appropriate conclusions.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

There are going to be as many Donald Trump movies/TV shows/documentaries/cinematic universes as there are Pablo Escobar telenovelas, but all I fucking want to see is the Iannucci film. That'll be a real grand guignole primal scream of a movie.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
^and then yeah he can't exactly just call Barr's conclusions horseshit unless he wants to get shit canned and maybe worse.

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone

These cases have either been handed off to other attorneys or districts, that has been reported on multiple occasions. these cases are nothing new. Every Mueller case != involvement of DT

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grand jury hasn't met in 2 months. Guess we will find out soon. I'm guessing Mueller was prematurely shut down

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Given this is about some mystery foreign company it might speak more strongly to collusion than obstruction. And we aren't going to see an unredacted/WH edited report unless someone leaks it.

So, why would Mueller say there was no collusion with Trump and Russia and then continue investigation collusion? Shouldn't he have waited?

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Every day that we get new info seems to build the case that Mueller wasn't actually finished with his investigation but was pressured to wrap it up.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is episode 10 of a game of thrones season after all the characters you liked died in episode 9

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's also a separate grand jury meeting about wikileaks in secret