• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
turkey-day.jpg

At last, the day is here! You voted, and the results are locked in. The Turkey Day Marathon begins shortly at 9am ET / 6am PT.

MST3K - Twitch

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 - YouTube

The MST3K Channel (pluto.tv)

...And Streaming on Multiple Other Platforms!

I've got your schedule for the day below, but first, a small preamble. When we launched the 2020 Turkey Day Tournament, many of you asked if you'd be able to vote to include episodes from the Netflix series — the Jonah Era — because Jonah deserves representation on Turkey Day too. We loved that idea and couldn't agree more, it just took a little more wrangling to figure it out, and our options were limited* so voting wouldn't be possible anyway.

But if you wondered why this year's Turkey Day is starting early, this is why! You're not getting six episodes this year, you're getting EIGHT EPISODES, because we've added two Netflix episodes to the Turkey Day roaster — I mean roster.

That's not all! You'll also be seeing some brand new segments we made especially for this year's marathon, including a series of interviews with Paul & Storm, your MST3K Turkey Day memories, and some insider looks at the world of Alternaversal, your production company behind all things MST3K!

And last but definitely not least, this year's event will also include a NEW riff of a short film by the MST3K LIVE cast led by Emily Marsh, making the 2020 Turkey Day Marathon one in which every host of MST3K is represented.

Phew. Can you handle it? Today's schedule of events is below:

9am ET – I Accuse My Parents

11am ET – Hobgoblins

1pm ET – Pod People (TURKEY DAY TOURNAMENT WINNER!)

3pm ET – Carnival Magic

5pm ET – Final Justice

7pm ET – The Day the Earth Froze

9pm ET – Night of the Blood Beast (Wildcard Entry!)

11pm ET – Cry Wilderness

Yes, this year's Turkey Day is HUGE! Our heartfelt thanks, again, for your enthusiastic participation in this year's Turkey Day Tournament, and for your support for all our efforts. And an extra special thanks to Shout! Factory for collaborating on this event with us so wonderfully.

We hope today's marathon provides warmth and laughter for you today. Happy Turkey Day!

02624f71fec308b2c45cd21597c77ece.gif

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Well, there's my day settled.

I'm glad I'm Canadian so I don't need to leave the television and eat a formal dinner or whatever.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Remember last year where they tried to create a new cast to add commentary to old episodes? That was....weird.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
aside from the new episodes (rip) it's been a good five years since i had an mst3k turkey day (on virtue of having seen every episode 100x)

i guess i'm due for another

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Oh man I haven't watched Hobgoblins in years. And Pod People is incredible.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Really looking forward to Pod People. It was one of my first episodes.

I really wish Trumpy had entered the popular consciousness more so we could have gotten more Trump/Trumpy jokes during the shitbag's reign.

"Trumpy, you can do stupid things!" was right there this whole time.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting marathon lineup this year, nice mix of the old and new. Also really enjoyed the new short with Josh and Bill which I hadn't seen yet.

Host segments are fun but as far as the overall reboot goes these days, the Synthia characters are both painfully unfunny and terribly acted.

Last edited:

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Yessss, Pod People! Nothing quite like a bad ET rip off "family" themed plot inexplicably mixed with a bad European '80s slasher movie and ambient synth music.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely cannot stand Mega-Synthia. Just absolutely grating with no nuance.

Yes, it's like watching a relative do a cringey, bad improv group skit for the first time or something. Also, I was at the 30th Anniversary Live show in Minneapolis a few years ago and the comedian/writer who is Synthia (and also Gypsy's flat new voice before the character was retired and turned into "GPC") was there as MC on the host and audience segments with Joel, Jonah and the bots and aside from the usual unfunny Synthia schtick, unlike everyone else there she came off as super awkward and stiff, like she didn't really want to be there.

It actually got me into ambient music. No joke.

Seriously, me too, I actually find it to be a relaxing "bed time" episode because of it. And as my first ever Joel episode, it will always have a special place for me. Got it as a gift in a Rhino VHS three episode box set from my mom way back in '99.

Last edited:

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, missed Hobgoblins, one of my favorite ones. Will be wayching it later on Prime i guess.

The two from Netflix are probably the best two. Cry Wilderness is great. Wish that run could have gone on for another season or two.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Crow: "Boy, I hate Kenny!"

Joel: "That's not, Kenny. We like this kid."

Crow: "Oh..."

Nice throwback to the first Gamera movie, ha.