• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
California
Crackdown 3: Wrecking Zone was a disappointing King of the Hill experience set in small, lifeless arenas. Sure, it was far from the original promise, but it had the potential to be a fun time. With the game mode's apparent emphasis on movement, it could have been great. In execution, it was simply dull and it didn't even let you party up with friends.

It would appear that everyone else feels the same way. Crackdown 3's multiplayer is dead—both its King of the Hill and Kill Confirmed style playlists. No one is playing, and I've searched after feeling like maybe I should give it a second chance. Even with the power of the cloud, even with its inclusion into Xbox Game Pass, even with its standalone download—no one cares.

https://mspoweruser.com/crackdown-3...-dead-so-much-for-the-power-of-the-cloud/amp/

Any veracity to these claims? If so, yikes.

ChewbieFR

Nov 3, 2018
1469969739510.png

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Something something Gamepass will save it

Edit: The good news for Microsoft is that the Don Mattrick Xbox One generation is all over. So from now on we should be seeing better developed games and games without a million asterisks next to them when purchasing it at launch

Edit 2 like a week later: Alright guys I get it, didnt know Phil Spencer was in charge during that time. Quoting myself in a later post:

If that's the case, then why are people so excited about Microsoft buying all these studios as if they're so competent in actually making managing studios well to produce good games?

Last edited:

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i am not surprised at all.
the unique hook of the multiplayer in regards to the destruction component was used in the most shallow and borin way they could have instead of making it into something much more deeply incorporated to the mechanics and creative. just an overall disappointment from the multiplayer designers for me.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I was bored last week and jumped in to the Multiplayer to get some of the Achievements and after a couple hours i started to really enjoy it after initially laughing at it. If they were able to get this at a locked 30fps along with party support this had a chance at getting a small following, but they really fumbled.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I still find it unbelievable that they put so much effort into a competitive multiplayer mode for a game whose primary appeal was dicking around in co-op.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I enjoyed CD 3, but I didn't even download the multiplayer. It just seemed like fluff.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
There wasn't much of a game there in the multiplayer mode. Lock-on mechanics, weak weapons, and meaningless destruction you couldn't really see because of the orange barriers didn't inspire much more than a shrug from me..

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Isn't there no party feature for that mode? I can't say I'm surprised that forcing your players to play with strangers 100% of the time has turned out to be a good strategy for reducing longevity, amongst the other gameplay issues the mode had.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I think most people had their fill after a couple of hours. I got all the achievements, had 6 hours of fun and moved on.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's a poorly performing, poorly controlling, content starved hollow shell of what was promised. Why would anyone bother sticking around?

coma

Oct 28, 2017
I would've played it more, but the lack of parties made it get boring fast.

They should add in new modes (like a CTF), add party support, and just make the multiplayer portion completely free since it's a separate download anyway.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It was dead the first week it came out. It was dead even in the beta. (Took a while to find matches, and the lobbies weren't even full)

CD WZ should have been canceled years ago, and all those resources move into the Single Player campaign.

Serves MS right. Originally, CD3 was only suppose to be online multiplayer game. They were forced to add the single player campaign throughout its developing cycle. Complete asinine from MS.

I hope they learned their lesson. Not every game needs a damn multiplayer mode.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I would've played it more, but the lack of parties made it get boring fast.

They should add in new modes (like a CTF), add party support, and just make the multiplayer portion completely free since it's a separate download anyway.

Supposedly they were going to add more modes and parties to WZ.

But If I was a betting man, am pretty sure CD3 WZ development is dead as well.

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This is completely wrong, I play it regularly and never have any issues for finding enough people.
Clickbait

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand:

1. It is out on Games Pass
2. It features cloud computing for MP
3. I was told it is a lot of fun

The single player mode is decent fun once it gets going. The MP mode has no progression and an inch-high skill ceiling, and you can't play with your friends. It's just not worth playing with so many better mp games out there.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
I love the single player of Crackdown 3 but the multi player is irredeemable: the maps are small, bland and feature none of the promise from pre-release videos. I was expecting matches to take place in vast cities, not slightly vertical Unreal Tournament maps.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The MP is far too barebones to play it over most other major MP games. No party support is just baffling in 2019. It feels like one those tacked on multiplayer modes that were so common around 2012'ish, but one that wasn't ready for launch. Contrastingly I actually think the singleplayer / co-op is a blast, a lot of dumb fun.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Something something Gamepass will save it

Edit: The good news for Microsoft is that the Don Mattrick Xbox One generation is all over. So from now on we should be seeing better developed games and games without a million asterisks next to them when purchasing it at launch

Mattrick left in July of 2013. They've had ample time in my opinion. We'll see how these new studios are managed.

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not saying you're wrong but....
22903.jpg

Founder LifeisXbox.eu

Something, something, conflict of interests.....

I'm sorry but this has nothing to do with the name if you would take the time to actually check my reviews for Xbox exclusives than you would know this is totally not the case. Windows Central, Xbox Tavern are all biased if you go with those thoughts

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
The single player mode is decent fun once it gets going. The MP mode has no progression and an inch-high skill ceiling, and you can't play with your friends. It's just not worth playing with so many better mp games out there.

Wow, I did not know that MP did not have any progression system. Thanks.

Too many legit good games to play to spend time with a weak MP mode.

This makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
I had fun for 2 bucks in the campaign. Didn't touch the multiplayer though. I wouldn't like the lock on shooting system in multiplayer.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Not being able to play with your friends was pretty much an instant kill, regardless of it's quality. Cloud base MP is doomed if they can't get around the not being able to play with your friends issue.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This game was a disaster waiting to happen. It's such a huge shame, as a great CD game was exactly what the system needed.

And, imo, a great CD game would have been a perfect pallet cleansing type which would fit right in to the current host of great games we have atm.