• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
When CNN is the voice of reason in regards to Bernie, comparatively, you know you're off the deep end
Right? It's been interesting to see CNN. It hasn't gone unnoticed by me that Van Jones seems to be the only one on the CNN panel that has some Sanders-related truth to tell. But at least they all kind of just accept that what he's saying is real and actually happening and they don't lose their minds over it. I have no idea what's going on with MSNBC.

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
I feel like it was weeks ago when people had the audacity to call Sanders-supporters delusional conspiracy-theory peddlers for heavily criticizing the editoralisation of news on MSNBC that somehow, magically, always were slanted against Sanders.

Now that the masks are off, I am glad that more sees what has been happening very clearly in the past couple of months. When it was just "Bernie makes my skin crawl/he-s anti-women", it was not as blatant as Chuck Todd/Matthews style red-scare, but it was still there.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Chris Matthews has been a rambling old man for a long time, even before this it's been incredibly clear he should be gone long ago. He can hardly go a segment without jumbling his words and yeah freaking out about the left and uh something something Bobby Kennedy.

I thought his lunacy was at least exposed when he was yelling over Warren about raising taxes but nah he's just gonna be around until he collapses on the desk.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Only weeks ago he compared Bernie's campaign momentum to Fidel Castro and earlier today said the Dems might do better to just wait out a second Trump term than to let Sanders "take over the Democratic Party in pepertuity."

So no, it is not being blown out of proportion. Matthews is melting down on live television and he's not even the only one. Chuck Todd just called Sanders supporters "the brown shirt brigade", Joy Reid and Nicolle Wallace are calling them an "angry minority" as though people are being forced to vote for a candidate or something. The network is very much having A Moment right now, as most establishment media liberals and centrists are.

Yep. Fuck them all.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Chris Matthews has been a rambling old man for a long time, even before this it's been incredibly clear he should be gone long ago. He can hardly go a segment without jumbling his words and yeah freaking out about the left and uh something something Bobby Kennedy.

I thought his lunacy was at least exposed when he was yelling over Warren about raising taxes but nah he's just gonna be around until he collapses on the desk.
This and the fact he never lets others finish a statement are why I'll never watch his show again. I've been wishing he'd be taken off the air for years.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Some fuckers in my class in like first grade used to torture insects etc just to see them flailing helplessly. I could never understand them, what the enjoyment was. Until now. Seeing corp media flail like this is actually fucking amusing.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
News network owned by Comcast not thrilled with Sanders presidency. No surprise.
I think it's more complicated than just that, but yeah, Comcast no doubt hates Bernie. Bernie's internet policy is formed from the collective nightmares of big telecom, including breaking up telecom companies and forbidding telecom companies from also providing content by themselves.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are people really that scared of Bernie winning? My mom is freaking out thinking we will lose to Trump if he wins. I think she's wrong.

History says that Trump will be reelected regardless of who his opponent is. Since 1900, 19 presidents have sought reelection and only 5 lost. The argument that the guy who gets the most votes (ie Bernie) would lose is kind of strange, though. If he is the nominee, it's because he's popular, so he would have a better chance of winning than someone who's less popular.

Logic!

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's more complicated than just that, but yeah, Comcast no doubt hates Bernie. Bernie's internet policy is formed from the collective nightmares of big telecom, including breaking up telecom companies and forbidding telecom companies from also providing content by themselves.
But it's not. Bernie would harm their profits and self-interests. Corporate accountants and the many, many on payroll who make way too much to feel ok being taxed properly. Even if some accountant analyst sees the potential for pro-Bernie eyeballs, the hit to advertising, taxation at the corporate and personal level and the very thought of change is more than enough to be a very big line in the sand.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Kinda wished he owned up to it. Funny how much you change your tune when your job is on the line.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
That was not a good apology at all, lmao, it's clear it was written for him and had to be compelled to read it.

I'm also gonna put it out there that the lack of outrage over the obvious and blatant antisemitism this fucker and others in the media towards Sanders.

But I guess it has to come from a black Muslim woman for it to count...

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
I mean owning up to his original thoughts and sticking to his shittiness. I don't think the apology was sincere at all. I'll give it a few days before he goes on some incoherent rant again.
I much prefer a world where people admit they were wrong in doing something over a world where they dig into their shittiness. Whether he was sincere or not we can never truly know - the words themselves were good.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
I much prefer a world where people admit they were wrong in doing something over a world where they dig into their shittiness. Whether he was sincere or not we can never truly know - the words themselves were good.

I would love a world full of that if they were sincere. We will see where he goes so I'll bite my tongue.