• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Brings me back to that bodybuilding forum thread years back:
"If I go every other day I will be at the gym 4-5 times a week, is that over training?"

"That makes no sense. There are only 7 days in a week. If you go every other day that is 3.5 times a week."

"Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. That is 4 days.
How do you go 3.5 times? Do a half workout or something? lol"

"7x in 2 weeks = 3.5 times a week, genius.
And yeah, 3x a week, full body workouts are good."

"I never said anything about going exactly 7 times, like I said, if I go every other day, that is 4 DAYS A WEEK. How hard is that to comprehend?
Week 1 - Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Week 2 - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday.
8 DAYS IN 2 WEEKS
In your terms,
8x in 2 weeks = 4 times a week, genius.
All Muscle and No Brains? lol"

And it just went on from there. Some people just can't get something when it's explained to them.

See also: Limmy

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
It is absolutely something to be embarrassed about.
My post was wrong anyway. So now I actually am embarrassed.

500 instances of a million dollars is just 500 people. What I MEANT to say, is 500 million instances of a million dollars.

See? Stupidity breeds more stupidity. I'm not embarrassed because I'm just getting caught up in the storm of stupidity. That's all. Please understand!

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Bloomberg spent $500 million on ads. The US population is 327 million. He could have bought each American a cup of coffee and still have money left over. I feel like a cup of coffee would be life-changing for you right now. Yet he wasted it all on ads and STILL LOST.

oh I got it at the time, it just took longer than it should have because morning.

Oct 28, 2017
sourceyfj73.gif

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol
this is just scary. This aint bad math, just a total lack of common sense. Funny enough i heard today a guy on tv, while commenting us elections, saying the same exact shit and i just had this dumbface thinking how can you just go on tv and say such a dumb thing. It's worse, he was just parroting more dumb shit.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's one banana, Michael. What could it cost? 10 million dollars?

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
I truly believe if the general public understood enough math to quantify one billion dollars the world would be a lot less neoliberal

but instead we have "bernie is a millionaire" being a legitimate thing that works

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clearly you are all the problem here. Mike Bloomberg has easily spent five hundred trillion dollars on marketing.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying very hard to figure out how one could make this mistake and I can't. Even more difficult for me is to understand how it became this big.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
"If I go every other day I will be at the gym 4-5 times a week, is that over training?"

"That makes no sense. There are only 7 days in a week. If you go every other day that is 3.5 times a week."

"I never said anything about going exactly 7 times, like I said, if I go every other day, that is 4 DAYS A WEEK. How hard is that to comprehend?
8 DAYS IN 2 WEEKS
In your terms,

And it just went on from there. Some people just can't get something when it's explained to them.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Someone explain to me why the math is wrong

if there is 500 million people
And 500 million dollars
And a million went to each person
How is that math wrong. Help me see what I'm missing

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017

And 500 million dollars

Not sure if serious, but that would be $1.00 to each person. 500,000,000 x $1.00 = $500,000,000.

Put another way, $500,000,000 / 500,000,000 = $1.00.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

And 500 million dollars
Just in case:

500 million dollars is only 500 amounts of 1 million.

500 people could have 1 million.

500 million people is more than 500.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And 500 million dollars
1 million dollars * 500 people = 500 million dollars.

1 million dollars * 500 million people = 500 trillion dollars.

pargonta

Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I'm trying very hard to figure out how one could make this mistake and I can't. Even more difficult for me is to understand how it became this big.

The omission of the words "dollar" and "people" in the original tweet is at least a starting point. By not including those the values lack context.

In which case, the writer of the tweet needs to go back to elementary school, but for english instead of math lol

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
The omission of the words "dollar" and "people" in the original tweet is at least a starting point. By not including those the values lack context.

In which case, the writer of the tweet needs to go back to elementary school, but for english instead of math lol
They are both there though. The dollar sign to represent dollar, and Americans for people.

Last edited:

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit.

I just can't.

When fact checking that you could do yourself on scratch paper in less then 3 minutes is too much trouble then you shouldn't be on TV! What the fuck.

Social media was a mistake. 24hrs was a mistake. We as a race of beings can't manage the amount of information available through the internet or even cable tv.

Shut it all fucking down
Less than three minutes, with scratch paper? It should take anyone with a modicum of intelligence less than like 5 seconds. It's basic multiplication.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

8 DAYS IN 2 WEEKS
In your terms,

See also: Limmy

So much more fun in this format. It was an absolutely bonkers discussion though.

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
TBH, I couldn't figure it out myself until I wrote it out (I blame being lazy and using calculators instead of my head).

Ribs

Dec 10, 2017
He could give every American $150 and still have $10 billion left.

With $180 he'd have no money left.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I think the biggest takeaway here is why isn't Bloomberg giving me any money?