• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I saw everyone dunking on this tweet the other day...

tejqa.jpg

The original tweet author has since locked her Twitter profile and the first line in her bio is now 'I know, I'm bad at math.' A somewhat humorous mistake that the internet would have mostly forgotten about by next week... except here comes MSNBC!

Another example of why 24-hour news channels are just not a great idea.

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
327 is close enough to 327,000,000. Why is everyone so upset, it's a simple mistake...

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
I stared at this OP way too long this morning trying to figure out why the math was bad. Derp! I need some coffee.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man... that's crazy that no one stopped them. Isn't there anyone backstage that could've told them "you're stupid, stop".

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
God, I wonder what would happen to these networks if Twitter just went away one day. It shows such a lack of journalistic integrity with how much they just rely on it for doing their work for them. Also, Isn't it really easy to become "verified" on Twitter and get a blue check? I thought I read somewhere you basically just have to go through a simple vetting process to prove you are human.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit.

I just can't.

When fact checking that you could do yourself on scratch paper in less then 3 minutes is too much trouble then you shouldn't be on TV! What the fuck.

Social media was a mistake. 24hrs was a mistake. We as a race of beings can't manage the amount of information available through the internet or even cable tv.

Shut it all fucking down

Oct 25, 2017
Someone wasn't doing their job here...
Do you really need to be prepared for this? Such a basic thing...
Makes me question if Brian Williams should actually be on TV at all.

Oh shit.

I just can't.

When fact checking that you could do yourself on scratch paper in less then 3 minutes is too much trouble then you shouldn't be on TV! What the fuck.

Social media was a mistake. 24hrs was a mistake. We as a race of beings can't manage the amount of information available through the internet or even cable tv.

Shut it all fucking down
Three minutes??

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
what does brian williams mean when he says "dont tell us if youre ahead of us on the math"?

like, what math does he think we're getting ahead of him on if he doesnt realize its wrong?

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Oct 25, 2017
Lol How many people work on that program? It would have only needed one person to go "hang on a sec"

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit.

I just can't.

Shut it all fucking down

3 minutes? Lol it shouldn't take more than a passing glance to fact check this.

Oct 27, 2017
Someone just have them google "orders of magnitude" and maybe task them with explaining, using those terms, why they're completely off -_-

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I'll confess I brain farted too when I first read it.

Though he probably would have gotten more traction by just paying people straight up in a few states under the table to vote for him.

NH had 300,000 ballots cast. Instead of spending 500MM on ads he could have slipped everyone who voted ~$1,666. Probably would have done better (at least til he got caught). Or slip 5 million people a $100 bill with a wink and a nudge. Actually that's more insane in a way - he could literally pay 5 million people $100 for whatever reason and it wouldn't put a dent in his fortune.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
I'm so ashamed that it took me 5 minutes to figure out the math.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Bloomberg spent $500 million on ads. The US population is 327 million. He could have bought each American a cup of coffee and still have money left over. I feel like a cup of coffee would be life-changing for you right now. Yet he wasted it all on ads and STILL LOST.

Then he lost twice by not getting angry.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
The original tweet author has since locked her Twitter profile and the first line in her bio is now 'I know, I'm bad at math.' A somewhat humorous mistake that the internet would have mostly forgotten about by next week... except here comes MSNBC!

Another example of why 24-hour news channels are just not a great idea.

How can someone get a job being a news reporter not being able to do 4th grade math.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I hate shit like this because right-wing talk shows will use this as a "LOL lOoK hOw DumB tHe LiBs ArE" talking point forever.

Last edited:

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It's for stuffs like this that I have absolutely no trust in the American public.

Oct 27, 2017
It seemed like Brian Williams noticed but the segment was already in motion, so they just rolled with the major point anyway. I wouldn't mind, if Trump watched it and thought that Bloomberg could actually do that.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Incredible stupidity on display here. All around.