• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm so terrified for my 65 year old dad that still lives there. Luckily he's been staying home for 2 weeks now so he's being smart and responsible.

lamarrkx

Jan 17, 2018
the corona virus is obviously just a massive psyop operation. people are dying, no question. but that happens all the time. no need to worry about that, really.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I dont understand what "stay home and away from large crowds" is hard to understand. Like people are fucking stupid.
Everything seems to have taken off the last 2 weeks though. I was in Vegas/Cali the end of Jan and the Virus was known but nobody was worried about it really(I did see plenty of people with masks on at airports though) The next 2 weeks were basically about Kobe. I don't think many were saying no large crowds or no traveling at that time.

The people in large crowds now and last week are idiots though since we know the severity of this.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The timing with Mardis Gras and this was just heartbreaking. It's going to be bad in New Orleans; generally poorer population, large city, lots of tourists coming and going, just truly recovered from Katrina a few years ago.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Everything seems to have taken off the last 2 weeks though. I was in Vegas/Cali the end of Jan and the Virus was known but nobody was worried about it really(I did see plenty of people with masks on at airports though) The next 2 weeks were basically about Kobe. I don't think many were saying no large crowds or no traveling at that time.

The people in large crowds now and last week are idiots though since we know the severity of this.
Yea maybe you are right on that.

I guess since I dont take risks and see something dont look right, I back out asap. I try anyways, dont always work.

I was also feeling concerned before my trip to FL in early February. Some told me not to worry and they were right at that time but still, I wouldn't have gone willingly to a gather after January.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Yea maybe you are right on that.

I guess since I dont take risks and see something dont look right, I back out asap. I try anyways, dont always work.

I was also feeling concerned before my trip to FL in early February. Some told me not to worry and they were right at that time but still, I wouldn't have gone willingly to a gather after January.
I had a trip to Jamaica planned for May with someone. Just last week she was texting me that tickets are cheap. I posted something in Facebook about going or not and then I get a random text from her saying the air in a plane is safer than a train, true but she was just trying to say I'm taking trains and buses to work but don't wanna board a plane.

My trip to DC in July is most likely out too.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I had a trip to Jamaica planned for May with someone. Just last week she was texting me that tickets are cheap. I posted something in Facebook about going or not and then I get a random text from her saying the air in a plane is safer than a train, true but she was just trying to say I'm taking trains and buses to work but don't wanna board a plane.

My trip to DC in July is most likely out too.
Well I don't know what to tell you. Just be safe if you chose to go. She would have to be a really good friend of mine to make me go during this time out of state or country.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so terrified for my 65 year old dad that still lives there. Luckily he's been staying home for 2 weeks now so he's being smart and responsible.
FIL in his 70's is over there but we don't trust him as much because he leans towards the side of "praying it away". Might evacuate him to Austin if it keeps getting worse.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
If this week of work at a designated "essential business" is any indication, an alarming majority of this state's idiots are ignoring the governor's Stay at Home order and going about their daily lives like it's your typical spring day. I'm absolutely dreading the explosion in Covid-19 cases all but guaranteed to come post-Easter, if harsher measures aren't taken to make sure people stay the f*ck home.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
How is New Orleans faring now? I know that Louisiana in general isn't in great shape but New Orleans is better than during the Spring, right? My wife and I were originally scheduled to join my parents down there for a week in April but of course we cancelled that. They rescheduled to a month from now but I'm not sure about going. Too soon? If we go we'd be masked when out and do only take out, not dine-in.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
How is New Orleans faring now? I know that Louisiana in general isn't in great shape but New Orleans is better than during the Spring, right? My wife and I were originally scheduled to join my parents down there for a week in April but of course we cancelled that. They rescheduled to a month from now but I'm not sure about going. Too soon? If we go we'd be masked when out and do only take out, not dine-in.

All the bars are closed... so that's a thing.
But hotel prices are CHEAP right now.

I live here and have always wanted to stay at the Roosevelt or the Royal Sonesta which frequently cost $350-$400/night and rooms can be had right now for as little as $135... right in the heart of the French Quarter. The wife and I were contemplating a bit of a staycation to take advantage of the ridiculous rates.

Many of the restaurants have reopened with tables moved far apart and reduced seating, also the state has a mandatory mask order in effect, and since that happened I'd say 90% of everyone are properly wearing masks.

I'm not sure what other touristy things are open right now... honestly if you were looking for a change of scenery after all this pandemic I wouldn't blame you, but personally, I wouldn't be flying in a plane right now...

I think we were so bad off at the beginning of the pandemic because it arrived in the states right during Mardi Gras where crowds of people were huddled together.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017

I live here and have always wanted to stay at the Roosevelt or the Royal Sonesta which frequently cost $350-$400/night and rooms can be had right now for as little as $135... right in the heart of the French Quarter. The wife and I were contemplating a bit of a staycation to take advantage of the ridiculous rates.

Many of the restaurants have reopened with tables moved far apart and reduced seating, also the state has a mandatory mask order in effect, and since that happened I'd say 90% of everyone are properly wearing masks.

I'm not sure what other touristy things are open right now... honestly if you were looking for a change of scenery after all this pandemic I wouldn't blame you, but personally, I wouldn't be flying in a plane right now...
Luckily for us we're old and don't drink anymore. =/ Also my parents have already rented a house (which I prefer during the pandemic since I'm not sharing recirculated air with strangers). That's awesome that people are wearing masks -- I'm assuming it is making a difference? As far as touristy things, it isn't super important -- we've been to New Orleans many times so it'd be more for a change of scenery. I just don't want to endanger the people of New Orleans or put any strain on their resources. But if it is reasonably safe and low impact it may be worth going. As for flying, we're considering driving (it's about 13h drive each way but with two drivers is doable in one day -- which we want to do so we don't have to overnight in a hotel).

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
I was down there right before Covid hit. We had a great time. Hope we can go back. The food was worth it alone.

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA

I think we were so bad off at the beginning of the pandemic because it arrived in the states right during Mardi Gras where crowds of people were huddled together.

Holy crap, I live here too and you can really get rooms that cheap? I need to talk to my wife as well because we were also contemplating a staycation.