• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018

I actually think this is hilarious, just for how incredibly blatant it is. They want those clicks real bad.

Will be interesting to see how long this one stays up. It would be one thing to talk about backing up your own legal copy to emulate, which is fine, but it's just straight-up "Yeah just download the game somewhere". Yuck.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well it was nice having Banjo and Steve in smash while it lasted

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Damn.. didn't expect that from 'Microsoft!'

Edit: /s in case anyone takes this seriously lol.

In case anyone doesn't know MSN is Microsoft Network.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow.

I fucking love the way Metroid Dread feels on PC (higher framerate, more responsiveness, 4K+ graphics, universal controller support) but bruh you can't just tell people to download the game like that lmao

Anyway, author should have prioritized Ryujinx over yuzu. There's literally no reason to play this game on yuzu if you can download ryujinx instead.

didn't even tell people to grab emusak. Pathetic :p

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah GamePur is trash tier clickbait. I'll search for 'how to do' something in any game i'm, playing and they have an article for it, usually just repeating information stolen from wiki articles

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
there's the official yuzu faq telling exactly how to do it, it s a fun DIY afternoon to set up your PC "ports", precise, thorough, and almost idiot-proof (i mean, i could do it xD).

yuzu-emu.org

Quickstart Guide Ā· yuzu

A guide designed to get you started with yuzu quickly.

It's linked to upon first boot of the emulator anyway, so there's nothing new there.

They could have copy-pasted it ...

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Morally? Sure.
Legally? Nah.
I see. I'll think about it. A resolution that matches my higher resolution monitor is highly preferable than the docked 1080p output.

there's the official yuzu faq telling exactly how to do it, it s a fun DIY afternoon to set up your PC "ports", precise, thorough, and almost idiot-proof (i mean, i could do it xD).

yuzu-emu.org

Quickstart Guide Ā· yuzu

A guide designed to get you started with yuzu quickly.

It's linked to upon first boot of the emulator anyway, so there's nothing new there.

They could have copy-pasted it ...
Ah I see.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
well then.

should I feel okay about doing this given I own the game?

If you own it then you're fine. I bought the SE, played it for 2 hours, dumped the game to my PC and have been enjoying a much better experience that way.

Morally? Sure.
Legally? Nah.

Perfectly fine to dump a game you own and use in an emulator, as long as you aren't downloading a rom (even if you own the game), it has to be your own dump.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
My friend said Dread looked "worse" at higher res because all the textures would be "more obviously low res". He was full of poop, right? Dread looks much better at higher res?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the game twice (US SE / JPN SE) and would really like to check out the game on PC.. but not worth the effort I think. When you are disconnected from all that it's a huge hassle to find non-trojan stuff.

Too bad I got rid of my old Switch that maybe could dump the game I bought.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
My friend said Dread looked "worse" at higher res because all the textures would be "more obviously low res". He was full of poop, right? Dread looks much better at higher res?
Some aspects are worse if you're nitpicking, because yes, those textures are made with 720p in mind. But overall it doesn't look worse no.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
About to get nuked from orbit because Kotaku and everyone else that wrote articles just couldn't help themselves.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Holy shit lmao, they're just straight up linking the NSP šŸ˜‚
Game cleans up nicely at a higher res, plucked this from the Ryujinx thread
md-1njk2f.png

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
thanks for the reassurance, guys.

looking at the instructions page for getting the emulator working. man this is...quite involved. I'll need some coffee.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's the big deal with suddenly making articles on emulating Dread? No other game seems to get this treatment.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
random question for anyone who has used this app before: if I wanted to copy my save file over to my OLED switch for continuing my save while mobile, is that a thing that I can do?

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
What is it with Metroid all of a sudden where morons are complaining about its price and articles about how to emulate it are coming up?

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I like that's under Sports > Esports.

What is it with Metroid all of a sudden where morons are complaining about its price and articles about how to emulate it are coming up?

It's the biggest major release that is not only fully playable on emulator day 1, it looks significantly better as well. Add in people still being sore over the Switch Pro rumours falling apart, it's ripe for "discourse".

Status
Not open for further replies.