• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Its a much more natural transition of her actual comic book origin. Just make her a mutant, its what we all said from the beginning despite some people trying to argue they couldn't do it or it wouldn't make sense for some reason.

That girl ain't magic, she's a child of the atom.

youtu.be

X-Men Theme song (No Sound FX)

This is the 90s X MEN cartoon theme with NO sound FX in the background. I do not own this theme in any way shape or form. and give credit to where it is due....

13jhZkV.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I mean the djinn stuff was always a red herring lol, has nothing to do with her comics origin. Which would work fine if this were a universe where the Inhumans were already established.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the djinn stuff was always a red herring lol, has nothing to do with her comics origin. Which would work fine if this were a universe where the Inhumans were already established.
Not a good time to be an Inhumans fan, let me tell ya.

Kamala was like the one win we had in years and she's about to get retconned into being a mutant.
FRyBewT.gif

(Its actually fine, I'm not upset about it or anything, just found it kind of funny thinking of it that way)

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Not a good time to be an Inhumans fan, let me tell ya.

Kamala was like the one win we had in years and she's about to get retconned into being a mutant.
FRyBewT.gif

(Its actually fine, I'm not upset about it or anything, just found it kind of funny thinking of it that way)

Yeah lol. I like both versions a lot as far as powers and origin go. I'm hoping that the plan is to just simplify things with the Inhumans maybe and we still get to see the Royal Family in the MCU in some form. I'd be fine with it if they're all mutants who are just weird and live on the moon and call themselves Inhumans.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Was this actually good by the way?

I got butt hurt when it sounded like they were changing her origin and powerset so I've mostly just been ignoring it.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Was this actually good by the way?

I got butt hurt when it sounded like they were changing her origin and powerset so I've mostly just been ignoring it.

I like all the changes because it's more culturally relevant 🤷🏽‍♂️ They did some nice things in tying her origins back to Pakistani history.

Aside from polymorphing into other people or things, she still basically has the same abilities they just look different. She even said "Embiggen!"

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Bruno's great and deserves the honor (Matt Lintz did a great job embodying this character, I buy him as Bruno almost just as much as I buy Iman as Kamala)

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Rogue should debut in that movie as a follower of Mystique considering what she does to Carol in the comics.
This I would be fine with, while I'm not familiar with this part of her comic history, I've seen it said here enough to know that Rogue VS Carol is a thing that goes on for a good while and is the source of some of Rogue's power set. And I'm sure Rogue wouldn't absolutely dominate the conversation like Wolverine would.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Really? They kind of look like the cuffs Rick Jones wore, but in a different style
msms3.jpg
I mean could be, but I think that's just part of the gloves which matches the style of the rest of her costume. That and I assume the other cuff is going to be the missing one they mentioned in the flashback so it would probably look like Kamala's.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
This I would be fine with, while I'm not familiar with this part of her comic history, I've seen it said here enough to know that Rogue VS Carol is a thing that goes on for a good while and is the source of some of Rogue's power set. And I'm sure Rogue wouldn't absolutely dominate the conversation like Wolverine would.
I also wonder if Damage Control will eventually evolve into the mutant registration group that produces sentinels?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean could be, but I think that's just part of the gloves which matches the style of the rest of her costume. That and I assume the other cuff is going to be the missing one they mentioned in the flashback so it would probably look like Kamala's.
Skilled users can change the appearance. They're wedding rings right now in the comics I believe

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Skilled users can change the appearance. They're wedding rings right now in the comics I believe
Yeah, I mean there's always a chance, but I think it's a bit of a reach with the knowledge we currently have. Also notice how it's her fingers that are glowing and not the cuffs, while Kamala's band was glowing prior to the switch. I think it's more likely that Carol touched the other band and it reacted to her powers.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Unless it was separated into a bunch of parts. Ten Rings would be a nice round number...

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I love the Ten Rings, but don't go looking into their comics origin. Some of them are pretty disappointing.

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude that's dope. I'm super stoked the mutant era finally approaching us in the MCU.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Eh if anything it was a Kree Champion with the Nega bands who after the 10 rings for their power following their Makulan signature. We know the rings are Makulan tech. More likely the other band was sent off to make sure they couldn't be activated

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I think it's very important to recognize that this man introduced mutants to the MCU:

Ms.-Marvel-2022-Bruno-Carrelli-Jacket.jpg
Of course, it's Bruno and no one wants to talk about him. 😜

Super stoked that even Kamala's comic creators have confirmed that's always been the intention. Should shut up some of those obnoxious Comic Twitter types I've seen saying this change is a huge slap in the face and insult to the original creators.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished.

I really loved how different this show is. Diversity is not just the right thing to do but for me it also creates really interesting content.

The actors were all generally really charismatic and lovable.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I been thinking over about Kamala being a mutant. That episode where red dagger was explaining dimensions, does anyone else think that peice of land shown is actually Krakoa and the X-Men have been stuck there for years and maybe Ms Marvel gets them out.

I can see this happening. The Clandestines did say they were exiled so I don't think they're stuck there by choice. An alternate would be to have it be that the Kree has been kidnapping mutants and all sorts of enhanced people over the years.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished.

I really loved how different this show is. Diversity is not just the right thing to do but for me it also creates really interesting content.

The actors were all generally really charismatic and lovable.
Agreed. I loved the Partition episode and Kamala's grandmother. I don't get the complaints about that episode because I found it really moving. The relationship between the 4 generations of women was really sweet.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
For all those who thought they were going to use the multiverse to introduce the X-Men.

Told ya so!

Also having a latent X-Gene that gets activated by an item or an accident is a thing in the comics.

Her being the first mutant we see doesn't not preclude that mutants already exist.

I'll repeat what I've said before.

"Why didn't they help during the Avengers movie?"

The actual Battle of New York was short maybe 4 hours. Assuming that the X-Mansion was there, Westchester is to far out to actually help.

"Why didn't they help during Infinity War?"

The 2nd battle of New York was even shorter. Doctor Strange was kidnapped and the ships left. 30 minutes tops. The Battle of Wakanda was isolated, no regular person on earth actually knew it was happening. Even if Charles knew he was 4-8 hours out with his X-Men.

"Why didn't they help during Endgame?"

Ignoring that Thanos cheated and both set up his fall, and remove anyone who could hurt him.

But then, who says they didn't help?

We follow a very specific story in Endgame, one that doesn't show anyone but the Avengers.

For all we know the X-Men have been helping just in the background. Like the Ancient One. She was taking down the Chitariu, maybe the X-Men were too.

When Spider-Man first appeared in Civil War, I actually thought it was a misstep to not make him saving people in the Avengers movie, let's hope the X-Men have a better origion

And don't make it about the Infinity Stones "releasing gamma radiation"

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
For all those who thought they were going to use the multiverse to introduce the X-Men.

Told ya so!

Also having a latent X-Gene that gets activated by an item or an accident is a thing in the comics.

Her being the first mutant we see doesn't not preclude that mutants already exist.

The actual Battle of New York was short maybe 4 hours. Assuming that the X-Mansion was there, Westchester is to far out to actually help.

The 2nd battle of New York was even shorter. Doctor Strange was kidnapped and the ships left. 30 minutes tops. The Battle of Wakanda was isolated, no regular person on earth actually knew it was happening. Even if Charles knew he was 4-8 hours out with his X-Men.

Ignoring that Thanos cheated and both set up his fall, and remove anyone who could hurt him.

We follow a very specific story in Endgame, one that doesn't show anyone but the Avengers.

For all we know the X-Men have been helping just in the background. Like the Ancient One. She was taking down the Chitariu, maybe the X-Men were too.

When Spider-Man first appeared in Civil War, I actually thought it was a misstep to not make him saving people in the Avengers movie, let's hope the X-Men have a better origion

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. I loved the Partition episode and Kamala's grandmother. I don't get the complaints about that episode because I found it really moving. The relationship between the 4 generations of women was really sweet.
I liked her whole family. It goes kind of deep and yet they kept it positive and wholesome, which I liked for this show.

Kamran seems like her opposite though and his family situation sucks.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Really? They kind of look like the cuffs Rick Jones wore, but in a different style
msms3.jpg
I actually think you are into something. If it's just her costume, why she is looking at her hands in this scene? If this is anything like in the comics and I kinda think it is, she was imprisoned in the Negative Zone. Maybe that's the dynamic they are going for The Marvels, Carol and Kamala can't really share the same space at same time, and Kamala gets Monica Spectrum Rambeau to help her and Carol that are basically stuck between the Negative Zone and Earth.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I actually think you are into something. If it's just her costume, why she is looking at her hands in this scene? If this is anything like in the comics and I kinda think it is, she was imprisoned in the Negative Zone. Maybe that's the dynamic they are going for The Marvels, Carol and Kamala can't really share the same space at same time, and Kamala gets Monica Spectrum Rambeau to help her and Carol that are basically stuck between the Negative Zone and Earth.
Ooh maybe you're onto something. Carol will need Monica's help with whatever is going on.

Also just now realized if the movie is called The Marvels maybe Blue Marvel shows up?

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I would think that since the show mentioned a second bangle, that it would have played a role with Carol, but it does seem like her costume change with the gloves does make it seem like they have a special wristband built into them.

It does seem pretty inspired to have Kamala and Carol have a sort of Rick Jones/Mar-Vell connection, at least as an initial way to have the two characters meet, especially since Kamala already had a bangle as part of her comic outfit and since it gives Kamala a more cosmic thematic connection and now a direct connection with Carol. Kind of like how they were able to give Kamala her Ms. Marvel name in the show without having Carol originally have the Ms. Marvel name herself. Those are the happy coincidence adaptations that the MCU does so well and you know that is because these are made by people passionate about the source material.

ravn0s

Oct 29, 2017

She's looking at her hands because they are covered with Ms. Marvels hard light.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Ooh maybe you're onto something. Carol will need Monica's help with whatever is going on.

Also just now realized if the movie is called The Marvels maybe Blue Marvel shows up?
Monica knows another aerospace engineer? O:

d4fd8b8b88a837317267b78316fb5461

Blue Marvel got his powers from the Negative Zone...

What if The Marvels is a way to set up The Ultimates?

clean.jpg

How did I not see this coming?

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017

Told ya so!

You can even (and I mentioned this before) have it so they have always been there, but to protect themselves Xavier and the other Telepathic mutants have been concealing themselves to avoid danger.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
This was a really hard spoiler to avoid after the episode aired, but it was still cool to see it confirmed in the actual show. Definitely glad that they are just introducing mutants naturally instead of with multiverse nonsense.

It actually puts the MCU in a pretty unique position when it comes to mutants in comparison to basically all other Marvel content, the ability to show "the mutant problem" growing in society over time. It would be great if they keep slowly introducing mutants building up to society's fear getting the better of them, and that would be a perfect segue into the X-Men proper.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017

Told ya so!

Or you can avoid all this by saying "X-Gene wasn't activated yet" and have some worldwide event that triggers the X-Gene in everyone around the planet.