• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
My condolences to Kamala. Went from a franchise with two Eisner Award winning series to only one.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of characters are likely going to be retconned and get their Ancestory kits! I'm fine with this, but also fine if they leave Wanda as non Mutant. But this will probably be part of the picture; what _defines_ being a mutant, it may impact more characters/relationships than others. Looking forward to the next few years (again).
I feel like they've already been hinting that Wanda has been a mutant this whole time. In Wandavision, it's implied that she had innate magical abilities even before being exposed to the Mind Stone.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Nature is healing 😌

I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it here. The X-Men are going to dominate the MCU like they dominate the rest of Marvel. This is just the first sign of that.

As it should be!

I seriously can't believe I've seen comic book fans on Twitter seething about this like Feige just pulled off some big horrific war crime against Inhumanity.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Clandestine are extradimensional Noor beings trapped as humans. Kamala is a clandestine/human hybrid and so is Kamran presumably. Kamala has the power to shape the Noor dimension energy thanks to her X-gene. But her X-gene was only unlocked due to the (magic? alien?) bangle that also allows her to travel through time and space. Kamran can shape the energy because his mother moved the Noor portal inside his body, nothing to do with mutants at all. Am I getting all this junk correct?

Probably best not to think about it, but

1) is Kamran even human at all, or was he born of two Clandestines… perhaps his dad is no longer with the group.

2) If Kamala's mom and grandmother don't express any powers from the bangle, then perhaps there IS something about Kamala's genetics that causes that distinction.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I love that they are using that Xmen theme, it is awesome. Couldn't ask for a better one.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Fj0823 & I have been saying the Kamala takeover of the MCU was coming, now she's the first mutant in the main MCU.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I like to think that their use of the X-Men cartoon theme is a sign of what to expect with their X-Men movie.

Give me them colorful costumes.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Diehard X-men fans are SEETHING that Kamala is the first MCU mutant; my sides are in orbit. The butthurt from diehard comic Ms. Marvel stans (or maybe they're inhuman stans) is filling my tearcup too.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Considering they are using the X-Men 97 theme and it's explicitly called that in the credits, I would not be surprised if the new animated series is a continuation of the original series while also being a bridge and ends with the original animated series X-Men moving over to the MCU universe so that we have new mutants like Kamala and the old ones too

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So she is still a jinn? cause if it is then we went back to offensive territory again.

Really awful look for a first muslim super hero representation.
They walked back the Djinn stuff as soon as it was introduced. It seems like it was meant to be a red herring that the Muslim community could pick up on immediately, or at least that's what those who know more on the subject mentioned.

Considering they are using the X-Men 97 theme and it's explicitly called that in the credits, I would not be surprised if the new animated series is a continuation of the original series while also being a bridge and ends with the original animated series X-Men moving over to the MCU universe so that we have new mutants like Kamala and the old ones too
I highly doubt that, especially when they already invoked that series with 838 Xavier in MoM. Ms. Marvel made it clear that mutants will be native to the main MCU with no multiverse shenanigans involved.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017

The interesting thing is, the subtitles for MoM also refer to the jingle that plays during Xavier's entrance as the X-Men '97 theme.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
What if the connection with the Clan Destine and the Noor Dimension was that Noor energy triggers latent mutations?

We heard Janet Van Dyne allude to how she's been changed by the Quantum Realm through adaptation and evolution in Ant-Man and the Wasp. People felt like her Quantum powers were a mutation, but that was before the Fox had been finalized.

The Noor Dimension likely isn't the Quantum Realm, but I could maybe see Marvel doing a thing where the energy is Cosmic Magnetic Background Radiation, which is the same energy from the Big Bang, the same energy emitted from the Infinity Stones, and the same energy that gave Monica her powers. Maybe it can mutate regular people to give them superpowers and even trigger mutations in people with an X-gene.

Just a theory since Kamran seemed to also have powers that were made of Noor energy. I just think that there is something more to the connection between the Clan Destine and the Noor than what we got that has broader applications than just a way to get from point A to B with Kamala as a solution for the stretching CGi, connection to Carol Danvers, and giving Kamala an inherent power not connected to the bangle (that isn't being Inhuman). Like it is all those things, but even if they wanted to go all the other directions with the bangle and mutant powers, they didn't have to go the Noor Dimension angle, especially since it's only a side story connected to the Clan Destine that barely gets explored. They could have had the bangle energy come from anywhere.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
It'll be funny if the bangle radiation unlocked her powers, then later we find the xmen have a radiation rock that gave them powers too. like some kind of new terrigen mist. Lockjaw is actually just Morph.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I immediately that of that after the finale.

I was wondering what they could add to the new series that would tie to the MCU, since we've already got versions of many Marvel heroes in the show and it's still an X-Men-centric show that will exist in the multiverse as part of the MCU, but adding Kamala, other heroes that exist in the MCU (or variants that are closer to the MCU version), and just pulling from more recent X-Men stories from the comics it does seem like there is still lots of new territory to explore there.

It seems like a good place to test out ideas they may use in the MCU proper, since we've seen that a lot in the games and TV shows for other Marvel properties, but as far as I know, the X-Men may not have had an outlet for that, especially not any time under Perlmutter.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
tbh it 100% feels we are going to get an AU X-men until Marvel can Secret Wars to combine the Universes ala Hickmans Avengers/Secret Wars they clues are already there witht incursions
I think they'll do a secret wars reboot when the actors are too old. Then the rebooted universe will have original avengers, xmen/mutants and FF exist at the same time with new actors without having to do origin stories.

Last edited:

GetLuffy

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 19, 2022
If this means my baby Rouge gets to body Carol in The Marvels I'm all for it sugah.

Last edited:

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
It'll be funny if the bangle radiation unlocked her powers, then later we find the xmen have a radiation rock that gave them powers too. like some kind of new terrigen mist. Lockjaw is actually just Morph.
I had that idea, like they basically end up combining the Inhumans and mutants, or at least there is a natural triggering of the X-gene in humans through age, an artifical radiation trigger that might force a latent mutation, and then maybe a mutation that can even happen in normal humans. It kind of explains Carol or Monica getting their powers or Wanda and Pietro getting powers from an Infinity Stone, like some people simply die while others mutate and get powers through their mutation augmented by the cosmic radiation.

There was definitely something weird about the Clan Destine trying to get back into their dimension as the Veil opened and the energy killed them. People remarked how it looked reminiscent to how Agents of SHIELD portrayed terrigenesis. I guess it could be explained that the Veil is what killed them, but there was so little explanation that it almost seems like Noor energy is what killed them and gave Kamran his powers.

I'm not really sure what to make of it all, but maybe we find out more of Kamala's story in The Marvels, at least with the bangle.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
www.marvel.com

‘Ms. Marvel’: What Kamala Khan’s DNA Reveals About Her Genetics

“It's like her wildest dream already came true over the show, but then we just gave her one more bit of the dream.”

Iman talking about the Finale
"They sent me, and only me, the draft [of the final episode], and I immediately freaked out… I emailed Kevin Feige in all caps. I was like, are you doing this like for real? Are you sure? I'm so honored! I was like yelling at him through an email. I was freaking out. This is the biggest deal in the world, and the fact that it's happening in our show is crazy."

"any time Matt would say ["mutation"] I'd start giggling" and that the take which made it into the show was "one of two that we got where [she] was mildly serious:"

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda like the idea the first confirmed mutant is loved and supported by her friends and family and supported in her life. It'll make what's to come and the contrast all the more heartbreaking for the others.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
While I think it's amazing they're starting the age of Mutants with Kamala and even emphasizing it with the X-men them, I'm kinda bummed since it probably means they're not going to touch the Inhumans any further, which means no Daisy :(

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I like to think that their use of the X-Men cartoon theme is a sign of what to expect with their X-Men movie.

Give me them colorful costumes.

I also wonder if its a hint that it'll tie into X-Men 97 in some capacity. I just read that apparently that show isn't going to be within the MCU, but I'm positive there'll be some multiverse shenanigans to tie things in. There's no way they're doing a revival just for the sake of doing it.

Edit: just realised that the end credits name the song as "X-Men 97 Theme" so yeah, that show is going to tie into the MCU too.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I also wonder if its a hint that it'll tie into X-Men 97 in some capacity. I just read that apparently that show isn't going to be within the MCU, but I'm positive there'll be some multiverse shenanigans to tie things in. There's no way they're doing a revival just for the sake of doing it.

Edit: just realised that the end credits name the song as "X-Men 97 Theme" so yeah, that show is going to tie into the MCU too.
I figure it's just a way to introduce newer audiences to the concept of the X-Men so they don't have to cram everyone's origins into one movie, but it's not actually connected.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I just keep thinking about how much Ike Perlmutter has to be absolutely SEETHING over this lmao. I bet he had grand plans a long time ago to introduce Kamala and make the Inhumans big

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait wait to the losers complaining about Ms. Marvel's power change from the comics to say "HOW CAN SHE BE A MUTANT, IN THE COMICS SHE'S INHUMAN"

I don't mind the change, but I was hoping she'd be an Inhuman just to open the door to circling back to them in a good way. They need to wash off the stench of whatever that show was. Lol, but this is still great

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While I think it's amazing they're starting the age of Mutants with Kamala and even emphasizing it with the X-men them, I'm kinda bummed since it probably means they're not going to touch the Inhumans any further, which means no Daisy :(

We'll retcon that too!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Don't know why y'all talking about Rogue, this will be the villain in Marvels
clean.jpg
Hell we can even use a remix of Be a Star for her first appearance.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching inhumans because everyone has been so mean. Its not the worst thing I've ever seen? Very pedestrian though

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be honest here, nobody liked the NuHumans, they were always meant to be mutants knockoffs, I'm glad that Kamala doesn't have to be associates with them losers.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm watching inhumans because everyone has been so mean. Its not the worst thing I've ever seen? Very pedestrian though
How much have you watched? Just remember that all the money went into the first two episodes because those were released in IMAX theatres as one release. They then added a bit of time when it was split into two episodes when it aired on ABC. The rest of the show gets worse.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
How much have you watched? Just remember that all the money went into the first two episodes because those were released in IMAX theatres as one release. They then added a bit of time when it was split into two episodes when it aired on ABC. The rest of the show gets worse.
My favorite storylines:

Gorgon-whose power is superhuman strength is defeated by a wave at the beach.
Karnak-whose has unparalled intellect-spends an entire episode walking around a mountain in a circle because he got lost.
Black Bolt-the Celestial Messiah, The Midnight King, one of the most powerful beings in creation is defeated by the Honolulu PD.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite storylines:

Gorgon-whose power is superhuman strength is defeated by a wave at the beach.
Karnak-whose has unparalled intellect-spends an entire episode walking around a mountain in a circle because he got lost.
Black Bolt-the Celestial Messiah, The Midnight King, one of the most powerful beings in creation is defeated by the Honolulu PD.

You didn't enjoy Medusa being almost immediately depowered?