• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So do I understand this right. Kamala's bangle unlocked her x gene to make light out of the Noor dimension?

So without the x gene the bangle wouldn't activate, thus her other family members won't be able to use it.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Is it a ResetERA bubble thing or are people in the general web not excited by the mutant reveal and more importantly the 90s theme? As soon as I heard it, I was smiling like a giddy school boy. Maybe I am in the minority who loved that part.

Ms Marvel is trending like never before on Twitter

People are eating that jingle up

Fletcher

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like it's reveal at the end. Seemed so throw away for such a major thing in the MCU. 🤷‍♂️

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the 90s theme being brought up is dope. I remember years ago someone made a Marvel Studios intro with an orchestral version, which I thought would be brilliant, but never thought they'd actually do it - particularly outside of the very obviously 90s X-Men inspired Professor X cameo.

View: https://youtu.be/5IaGh6g7Keo

That video proves that the 90s X-Men theme lives and dies on the electric guitar. A 100% orchestral version just doesn't have the same punch.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Is it a ResetERA bubble thing or are people in the general web not excited by the mutant reveal and more importantly the 90s theme? As soon as I heard it, I was smiling like a giddy school boy. Maybe I am in the minority who loved that part.

People were pretty excited in the actual OT last night from the posts I saw. I am one of those bubble people that was like "that was a cute reference" when the modified theme played but the whole "mutants are a thing" was kind of 🤷‍♂️ for me cuz we already got Prof. X in Dr. Strange no?

The actual episode also didn't do that much for me. Didn't really like anything involving the clandestines on this show, was here for the local NJ/HS/neighborhood shenanigans. My only Ms. Marvel knowledge is from playing the Avengers game though so I was never really hyped about this character going into the show or seeing her powers. The actress is adorbs though.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Yeah that pretty much signs the death warrant for Inhumans being relevant in any significant way for a while.

I'm guessing Wanda is going to be retconned into being Mutant as well, though probably without the Magneto connection.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like it's reveal at the end. Seemed so throw away for such a major thing in the MCU. 🤷‍♂️

Nah that was the perfect way to tease us about the floodgates that are about to open, especially given the context of this being a show based on a character that's originally an Inhuman in the comics

but the whole "mutants are a thing" was kind of 🤷‍♂️ for me cuz we already got Prof. X in Dr. Strange no?

That's from the multiverse though, irrelevant to our main universe as nothing about that movie hinted that we'd get mutants through multiverse shenanigans

I mean, maybe we still will, but Dr. Strange didn't give fans the teases they were looking for in that regard

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017

I imagine the X-Men theme would've hit a bit harder had they not just used it in Doctor Strange.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
NGL I kinda liked Kamala as an Inhuman. The further away she is from the X-Universe the better IMO. Marvel has this awful habit of plunging anyone called a mutant into all that X-drama.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Still not seeing it. Not sure how it makes perfect sense just because AoS has tackled "every single theme." Who cares? The movies sometimes tackle similar themes as well and that will only continue as time goes on.

Zero reason to overcomplicate things with multiverse nonsense. Either the show will continue to be ignored or they'll do what they're doing with the Netflix shows. They won't do the multiverse.
You seem pretty indignant, so I'm not sure I'm going to convince you.

I think it's certainly possible that AoS gets ignored since it's come to a good conclusion and we are way past a time where SHIELD was relevant in the MCU and even in the show all the spy stuff had gone by the wayside, IIRC. That being said, it was one of the most beloved and longest running Marvel Television series, so I wouldn't count it out and I know people want to see Chloe Bennet's Quake, Gabriel Luna's Ghost Rider, and Coulson enter the MCU proper in some fashion.

I could go the Netflix route, but they won't because they actually directly acknowledged canon events in the MCU and had their own significant impact of events. They could ignore it, but just like the Inhumans or Fox X-Men, they won't because they all come with their own form of baggage that can't really be ignored. Netflix stuff can carefully, but easily be sidestepped because it's all street level an ultimately inconsequential beyond the shows' own sphere of influence.

AoS was dealing with world-ending alternate timelines already. There is no "overcomplicating" things because it is within their wheelhouse. Everything from the Darkhold to the Kree to L.M.D.'s to Inhumans to time travel were within their wheelhouse. In fact, if you think about it, the entire show has been a giant "What If?": What if Phil Coulson actually survived being killed by Loki? What if SHIELD survived HYDRA's takeover?

The show already teed itself up for integrating with SWORD so they can play things however they like if they choose to bring it back, including just having the characters appear in Secret Invasion, but unlike other things where they have to make a plausible reason for why Deadpool would even know about the multiverse, yet decide to leave behind his own universe for a new one, the AoS team would totally know and could totally integrate that plot smoothly without any friction or convolution. It's less about why they'd do it and more of why not since it could only give them more to work with from a storytelling perspective.

DarthMasta

Feb 17, 2018
Oh man, first they make Wanda and Pietro not a mutant, now Miss Marvel IS a mutant. Wonder if that's going to impact the comics in any way...

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Guess we know that X-Men stuff will be the big build-up.

Would X-men vs Avengers be something that could translate to the MCU at some point?

The difficulty is that the Avengers are already in their "Next Generation" phase, so in the main universe it wouldn't be a clash of the A-Listers from both teams. That said, it is something they're 100% going to do because the words "Avengers vs X-Men" on the marquee makes a billion dollars on its own regardless of the movie itself.

What I could see them doing, if the Multiverse arc is still running when they get to it, is have the X-Men travel to one of those anti-mutant dystopia timelines that are common in the comics, where the Avengers are mutant hunting inquisitors. That ways, they could have variants of people like Steve Rogers and Tony Stark on the team. (Maybe Nimrod is a variant of Vision?)

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Between making Kamala a mutant and brutally executing Black Bolt in Dr Strange, Feige's feelings on the Inhumans are now clear.
They also brutally executed Reed, Maria, Peggy, and Charles, but we know Charles will eventually return (in X-Men 97), Reed will return in the Fantastic Four, and an alternate version of Captain Carter is a main reoccuring character in What If?

I don't think he meant it as a personal attack. He wouldn't have even referenced the character if their goal was to let the Inhumans rot away in obscurity.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
The last episode and Bruno saying he made a mistake made it seem like the bracelet giving her power was a mistake, and it's something in her letting her access it.

Wait Bruno stated in like the first or second episode that her powers did not come from the bracelet but were unlocked by it. He said the powers were coming from her.

Also, what are the Jinn then if she's a mutant?

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Come on. Karnak is cool!
Eh Karnak is cool on paper but in execution other than one specific run he usually just amounts to a get out of jail free card.
Wait Bruno stated in like the first or second episode that her powers did not come from the bracelet but were unlocked by it. He said the powers were coming from her.

Also, what are the Jinn then if she's a mutant?
I don't think I phrased that right. And your right. As for Clan Destine I think it was more to bring Kamran in while sidestepping inhumans. It was pretty stupid. Other dimensional beings or something, but that doesn't preclude mutation, in the 616 comics lots f species and races have mutants, Namor for instance, broo of the brood for another.

EDIT: There we're skrull mutants too, not even mentioning Shatterstar.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Ah okay that was during another break. I'm going to assume that led to the moment from a few years ago when Carol called Rogue in to help with this weird alternate world bleeding in situation? Where Carol and her basically realize they'll never be friends but respect each other? (I liked that story but can't remember it completely…just knew it had Carol in this kind of Mad Max version of her costume)
Yes that was a different time when they were technically cool with each other(at that point Rogue no longer had Carol's powers, and Rogue is always better when she doesn't)

The story your thinking of was when Staten Island was taken over and there was a time difference between when she showed up and when her allies showed up.

Rogue even showed up and used her upgraded powers that let her absorb life energy from a distance. (which was always stupid and tied to the X-Men movie.)

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guess we know that X-Men stuff will be the big build-up.
Would X-men vs Avengers be something that could translate to the MCU at some point?

I meant to post a random X-Men vs. Fantastic Four cover 'cause I thought having the noobs clash might be something that happens, but man oh man did I not expect what I found.

It's like Superdickery, only specifically aimed at Franklin Richards

latest

Reed's troll face is hilarious here. Oh, and Franklin Richards is mourning his dead mom's corpse.

Note: This will not be the first time this happens.

latest

Franklin Richards mourning his dead mom AND dad. Throw another corpse onto the pile!

Wolverine is the best there is at what he does, and what he does ain't grief counseling.

61MfNWIrojL.jpg

Franklin's not mourning his dead parents anymore, but that's only 'cause he's running for his life. Also included: dead Johnny and Ben. Two more corpses for the pile! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKRULLS FOR THE SKRULL THRONE!

Franklin finally stops running and finds peace with the zombified corpses of his beloved family behind him while the X-Men are...impaled on trees or something? A happy ending after all.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine that part of the delay of Ms. Marvel was because they wanted this reveal a couple weeks before Comic Con?

Kevin Feige going to be walking into Hall H like
iu

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Yeah that pretty much signs the death warrant for Inhumans being relevant in any significant way for a while.

I'm guessing Wanda is going to be retconned into being Mutant as well, though probably without the Magneto connection.
There's way too much story potential for her not to be Magneto's kid, plus Elizabeth Olson has gone on record saying she wants that to be the case. At one point Magneto was suppose to be in MoM and it was gonna get confirmed there

Bengraven