• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
There certainly is something poetic about MCU Kamala being a mutant instead of an Inhuman, considering that Perlmutter was really hellbent on having Inhumans replace the X-men.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It'd be a good place to start given Carol's long history with the X-Men & her main villain being a mutant.
Her main villian being a mutant? Moonstone and Dr. Minerva are closer to her main villian than Rogue ever was.

For a very long time Carol and Rogue had only encountered each other twice. Once when Rogue took her powers and once when Rogue join the X-Men.

She hated Rogue for a very long time, but I would never consider her Carol's "main villian"

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Lets see how many years it takes before we have an actual X-Men character getting proper focus in the MCU

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Her main villian being a mutant? Moonstone and Dr. Minerva are closer to her main villian than Rogue ever was.

For a very long time Carol and Rogue had only encountered each other twice. Once when Rogue took her powers and once when Rogue join the X-Men.

She hated Rogue for a very long time, but I would never consider her Carol's "main villian"
Mystique not Rogue.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida

Yep and the whole hating Rogue thing shouldn't fly. It's actually kind of tiring.

They make the Punisher an Avenger. Magneto and Xavier and Apocalyse work together all the time. Spidey was roommates with one of his villains. Emma Frost was basically married to a man she tried to kill countless times.

Marvel squashes beef so fucking much but lazy shitty writers keep this stupid fucking drama going.

MCU can still do Rogue taking her powers but by the third film after that happens theyll have bunk beds on the SWORD station and share Netflix passwords.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I think the focus now is on The Marvels, and if we get confirmation of an X-Men movie at SDCC I'll be surprised.

Disney knows they can't fuck this up, but they also have other things cooking too. F4, Avengers, X-Men, Eternals. Kang. Doom. Secret Invasion. Secret Wars.

Too much too fast has risks attached.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
No idea, but I'm sure we'll find out something at Comic-Con. A Storm cameo in Wakanda Forever feels much more likely now.

Im not talking about cameos though, Im talking about movies and series. That is what Im afraid of honestly, that we go years with small appearances and teases of the X-Men cast and then we get a movie or show in 2025 or later.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it here. The X-Men are going to dominate the MCU like they dominate the rest of Marvel. This is just the first sign of that.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
I don't want a Secret Wars film for years. 3 or 4 Fantastic Four films, an Illuminati movie and a Time Runs out lead-in before Battleworld is even mentioned.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it here. The X-Men are going to dominate the MCU like they dominate the rest of Marvel. This is just the first sign of that.

Watching people lose their fucking minds on YouTube over a brief riff from a 90s theme song confirms this.

To be honest, I never got into the MCU until Spidey showed up in Civil War because I was just not an Avengers person.

I'm glad I got to experience characters I didn't care about in the past but once X-men arrive I'll care much less about needing to see the MCU films day 1.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly thought they just added a note or two from the theme song to the MM score. I was literally ear up to speaker but in addition to the low volume I had two fans going like you. I didn't think it was confirmed, thought it would be vague and I was picking up something that might just be me projecting. When I watched the scene after I was like "oh god it was fucking blatant how did I even miss that with my ear on my TV?!"

I still can't hear it. Does it play after the word mutation?

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I don't want a Secret Wars film for years. 3 or 4 Fantastic Four films, an Illuminati movie and a Time Runs out lead-in before Battleworld is even mentioned.
Rushing into secret wars could be the biggest possible mistake Marvel could make. It took us what, 10 years to get from Iron man to IW? This should be a similar slow build.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cyclops-Ms-Marvel.jpg

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Uh that doesn't make any sense so the first mutant is a child of someone from another dimension?

Now can't only her children be mutants? Because only she and the other guy have the gene in the whole 616?

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Uh that doesn't make any sense so the first mutant is a child of someone from another dimension?

Now can't only her children be mutants? Because only she and the other guy have the gene in the whole 616?
First mutant as in first identified on screen to be a mutant. The X-Men are presumably already in existence in the MCU.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
First mutant as in first identified on screen to be a mutant. The X-Men are presumably already in existence in the MCU.

Jesus I didn't realize this. All the bullshit "over my shoulder to reach my asshole" comments about how mutants have to be introduced via the multiverse and Marvel just straight up dropped mutants existing in the MCU already confirmation on us.

Edit:

so this means the mutants are not going to be multiverse'd into the MCU, right? thank god if that's the case

Great minds think alike.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus I didn't realize this. All the bullshit "over my shoulder to reach my asshole" comments about how mutants have to be introduced via the multiverse and Marvel just straight up dropped mutants existing in the MCU already confirmation on us.

Edit:

Great minds think alike.

What this probably means is the explanation is going to be Jean/Xavier/Emma have been erasing everyone's memories of mutants whenever one publicly surfaces. Look forward to seeing footage of the X-Men CGIed into the Endgame portals scene!

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD

I guess the big question is whether or not they try and keep major character history bits (like Magneto/holocaust, assuming he exists in MCU), because while mutants existing this whole time isn't a big reach, some of the major X-Men arcs would be real weird to act like had happened in the background with no one noticing.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017

Edit:

Great minds think alike.

How does the first mutant being multiverse in make people think mutants aren't going to be multiverse in? I don't see the logic

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
What this probably means is the explanation is going to be Jean/Xavier/Emma have been erasing everyone's memories of mutants whenever one publicly surfaces.

I've theorized that Shield/Hydra and now maybe DODC have been hiding kids who get mutant abilities. Erasing their records for years.

How does the first mutant being multiverse in make people think mutants aren't going to be multiverse in? I don't see the logic

I'm sure this is a unique case. I doubt all mutants came from the Noor dimension.

Trigger

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I wonder if this will tie into the greater focus of Phase 4 of the MCU. Before we go into Secret Wars they establish the Xmen and Fantastic Four first.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I've theorized that Shield/Hydra and now maybe DODC have been hiding kids who get mutant abilities. Erasing their records for years.

I'm sure this is a unique case. I doubt all mutants came from the Noor dimension.

The more I think about it the less sense it makes. Kamala would just be a normal person in the Noor dimension but because she is part human she can use it in 616.

How is that mutant? Or are they going to give her separate mutant powers too?

Given that Kamran has basically the exact same powers it's clear it's a species wide thing and not some special mutation.

That's like saying a half kree half person is a mutant... Sure but not in the X-men way?

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Clandestine are extradimensional Noor beings trapped as humans. Kamala is a clandestine/human hybrid and so is Kamran presumably. Kamala has the power to shape the Noor dimension energy thanks to her X-gene. But her X-gene was only unlocked due to the (magic? alien?) bangle that also allows her to travel through time and space. Kamran can shape the energy because his mother moved the Noor portal inside his body, nothing to do with mutants at all. Am I getting all this junk correct?

Mar 15, 2019
Brazil
Clandestine are extradimensional Noor beings trapped as humans. Kamala is a clandestine/human hybrid and so is Kamran presumably. Kamala has the power to shape the Noor dimension energy thanks to her X-gene. But her X-gene was only unlocked due to the (magic? alien?) bangle that also allows her to travel through time and space. Kamran can shape the energy because his mother moved the Noor portal inside his body. Am I getting all this junk correct?

watch Clandestines and Noor never being mentioned again in the MCU

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyable show overall but lorewise it's a mess. They rewrite her origin from being Inhuman, they create an entirely new concept the Noor, they have a detached Kree arm appear, they show the 10 Rings from Shang-Chi and imply her bangles related, and now she's the 1st mutant? It was like an intentional mix of different origins as a joke.

The Marvel article linked here doesnt even say 'mutant' a single time as though that origin could be dropped in the future too.

And I'm starting to dislike the 90s X-Men stinger even though it's only been used twice

This. I actually laughed when I read the OP. We don't need these stupid little teases for mutants.

And the 90's music bit was so dumb. Every time they do another little silly mutant tease they're gonna drop the 90's X-Men music...

"You have a special gene." * cue 90's X-Men music in the car radio but it's HARD ROCK this time!
"You need to learn to control your power. I might know a professor who can help." * cue 90's X-Men music in the elevator but it's JAZZ this time!
"I was looking through some records and found someone who apparently has a skeleton made of some kind of metal..." - cue 90's X-Men music but it's a busker outside the bar drumming the theme!

Snooooooze.

Last edited: