• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ceej

Mar 9, 2021
Reno, Nv.
'the theory break downs, the trailer breakdowns, the poster breakdowns, all the breakdowns.....I feel like the the youtube nerds are the backbone of this fandom'--lol

OP
OP
Mancha

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
She is openly mocking Marvel's editorial about not making Kamala a mutant in the comics in the first place calling it "an weird time in comics that it didn't happen". Kamala Khan hates Ike Perlmutter confirmed lol

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
What was that random cruise ship action scene that her and Captain America/Mackie filmed? I don't think I'd ever heard such a thing was filmed and it looked high quality.

Isro

Oct 30, 2017
What was that random cruise ship action scene that her and Captain America/Mackie filmed? I don't think I'd ever heard such a thing was filmed and it looked high quality.
It's the Disney Cruise dinner event:

92893uih24y78u3.jpg

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
She was DYING to tell him the secret of the Bangle Time Travel.

Hell she even let slip that it will be followed-up in The Marvels.

I'm guessing it's a Nega Band from the comics

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
She is openly mocking Marvel's editorial about not making Kamala a mutant in the comics in the first place calling it "an weird time in comics that it didn't happen". Kamala Khan hates Ike Perlmutter confirmed lol

Iman seems like cool people, but she's wrong about this one thing. The Inhumans have shrunk into irrelevancy while Kamala gets to do her own thing. She becomes a mutant and it's a countdown until she's "an X-Man", which comes with so many problems. Even if Kamala wasn't an Inhuman I'd rather her be anything else than a mutant.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
She was DYING to tell him the secret of the Bangle Time Travel.

Hell she even let slip that it will be followed-up in The Marvels.

I'm guessing it's a Nega Band from the comics
I mean Ms marvel ended on the dang Nega Band quantum swap that Rick Jones did with the older Captain Marvel all the time

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Omg hype to watch later, New Rockstars is one of the few channels I watch and it's been fun with Ms. Marvel as it's already been known that Iman Vellani is a viewer and they've been commenting on that so to see them get an interview is great.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Iman seems like cool people, but she's wrong about this one thing. The Inhumans have shrunk into irrelevancy while Kamala gets to do her own thing. She becomes a mutant and it's a countdown until she's "an X-Man", which comes with so many problems. Even if Kamala wasn't an Inhuman I'd rather her be anything else than a mutant.
She doesn't really seem to be voicing her opinion there, just stating that Kamala's creators wanted to make her a mutant in the comics, but couldn't.

OP
OP
Mancha

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
I think that Kamala's creators being stopped of making her a mutant thanks to that "weird time in comics" is good enough reason to make her a mutant. Besides, she can be both. A mutant and an inhuman or a nuhuman or whatever they called inhumans that had their powers activated by the mist back then.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I fear instead of being her own character, now she's just gonna be another mutie.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

There are plenty of mutants who aren't X-Men.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
As if I didn't already have plenty of reasons to stan her

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
They're not mutants.
But consider like Ilyana. Before she's a Sorceror Supreme, she's just another mutie.
Not anymore. But they were considered to be mutants since the first appearance.

They were made non-mutants... Guess why? The same reason as Ms. Marvel and Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
And while Ike Perlmutter sucks, it did allow those characters to be something not tied to mutants, and strike it out on their own.
They're better as non-mutants.

Meanwhile, who the heck is Dazzler.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
And while Ike Perlmutter sucks, it did allow those characters to be something not tied to mutants, and strike it out on their own.

The woman who single handedly defeated Galactus and is an intergalactic pop star.

OP
OP
Mancha

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021

1. They aren't.
2. When the time comes, the world will know who Dazzler is and her musical will make $1B.

The woman who single handedly defeated Galactus and is an intergalactic pop star.
Also this.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
That sounds like a cool concept for a movie, maybe not the defeating Galactus part, but I'm totally in for intergalactic superhero pop star movie. Dazzler stand alone movie when?
She litteraly can transform sound into every form of light. Then became a (Disco) Pop Star, then eventually traveled the universe sharing her music with everyone.

And before she even left Earth... She teamed up with Spider-Man, fought Enchantress, the Absorbing Man and Doctor Doom. Became a popular musician on Earth.

And all of that is BEFORE she joined the X-men.

The idea that a mutant character MUST become an X-Men is silly, because the mold was broken by Dazzler in the 70s.

Add to that, Speed and Wiccan (Wanda's kids) have never been associated with the X-Men. An the official first published mutant, Namor refused offers from both the X-Men and the Brotherhood until very recently (in comic terms) it makes the argument even similar.

Heck, Namor wants nothing to do with the current X-Men stuff, and only joined in the first place because they offered him a safe place to let his people live as Atlantis had been destroyed for the 500th time during Initiative.

Edit: also not Dazzler movie when. Dazzler 18 episode, multi season D+ show WHEN?

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I think there is a case to be made for mutant characters *in the comics* getting pulled into the never ending maelstrom of X-Men comics and spinoffs more often than not but I don't anticipate that being a problem for Kamala in the MCU when she's debuting long before they do.

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the best NR episodes I've ever seen.

This is delightful.

Love that Iman is huge MCU nerd and NR fan :)

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
There are a handful of mutants that aren't sucked into the X-Men drama in the comics.

Kamala already has the support of her community and family in the MCU, and she'll be meeting up with Carol in cosmic adventures, so it does put her in a position that she probably won't be as directly tied to every mutant storyline in the same way most X-Men are.

Oct 27, 2017
Such a wholesome interview, might be the best MCU interview yet, no lie.

Vellani is extremely authentic and can nerd it up with the best of 'em

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
There are a handful of mutants that aren't sucked into the X-Men drama in the comics.

Kamala already has the support of her community and family in the MCU, and she'll be meeting up with Carol in cosmic adventures, so it does put her in a position that she probably won't be as directly tied to every mutant storyline in the same way most X-Men are.

I would definitely like them to be separated BUT simultaneously I'd like some crossover with the X-Men, especially at the Sentinel stages, then again I love Kamala soooo much I want her to have crossover with everyone. 😅 I think it'd definitely be fun watching Bucky interact with Kamala. 😆

OP
OP
Mancha

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
New Rockstars in general is a YouTube channel I don't really get. Their main thing is just being an uncritical MCU hype channel. And I guess that's fine, but it really makes for quite dull content IMO.
I didn't know Batman was in the MCU, cannot wait until he gets recruited for the Avengers.

View: https://youtu.be/zYjCTKgXS9Y

New Rockstars is in the business of making breakdowns of new films and series. Can anyone truly blame them for not sharing DC stuff when there is nothing to share? I mean they cover even Nope:

View: https://youtu.be/7LRWyBaivHQ

So yeah, the MCU is huge right now.

OP
OP
Mancha

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Kevin Feige is the one behind we not getting a new Henry Cavill as Superman superhero film:

View: https://youtu.be/lNX82bRXnt4

If you are a content creator working with entertainment news, you gotta write with the cards you have been dealt, I guess. If Kevin Feige enlisted New Rockstars in their plan of global dominance, I hope they have good health insurance at least.

They have legit great PoC hosts, something that Red Letter Media seems allergic to.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Imagine you sit at a dinner with Feige and her and they start nerding about obscure Comic/MCU details:

breaking-bad-aaron-pawdjb5.gif

(unless you are slayven).

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019
They're not mutants.
But consider like Ilyana. Before she's a Sorceror Supreme, she's just another mutie.

What are you even talking about the vast majority of Ilyana's appearances have to deal with X-men because she first showed up in Giant Size X-men, she's best known as a member of the New Mutants.

She's starting to appear outside of X-men as her popularity has increased but your just talking nonsense about Magik.

Pietro literally has nothing to do now while if he was still a mutant, than he would have a lot to do with Krakoa. X-Factor was really a good time for Quicksilver.

They made Wanda just some random person the High Evolutionary kidnapped years ago, and outside of one ongoing where they kind of hinted about something with her father there has been no follow up for years.

Ms. Marvel's origin is now tied to a bunch of characters who are now in limbo because Marvel doesnt want to confirm their deaths or whether or not their alive. Even the Inhumans Royal Family have shown up for like a cameo in the Fantastic Four comic because Marvel just wants to put them on hiatus.

Also Dazzler is appearing in an upcoming mini

medium-3143211.jpg

Last edited:

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know Batman was in the MCU, cannot wait until he gets recruited for the Avengers.

View: https://youtu.be/zYjCTKgXS9Y

New Rockstars is in the business of making breakdowns of new films and series. Can anyone truly blame them for not sharing DC stuff when there is nothing to share? I mean they cover even Nope:

View: https://youtu.be/7LRWyBaivHQ

So yeah, the MCU is huge right now.

So they have the same vapid content for other franchises and films? Cool, I stand corrected about the MCU hype channel comment. The reason I said that was because the only thing I ever see promoted from them is their Marvel stuff.

Doesn't make the channel any less annoying and empty though. Content creators who make "Things you missed" or "... EXPLAINED" videos are so dull and directly harm film journalism.

OP
OP
Mancha

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
So they have the same vapid content for other franchises and films? Cool, I stand corrected about the MCU hype channel comment. The reason I said that was because the only thing I ever see promoted from them is their Marvel stuff.

Doesn't make the channel any less annoying and empty though. Content creators who make "Things you missed" or "... EXPLAINED" videos are so dull and directly harm film journalism.
I mean Marvel is always making new content. All the YouTube creators that cover blockbuster film news in general cover Marvel because it's always something new coming and that gets clicks. I happen to think there is more than enough public for film journalism (whatever that means) and it's good to have popular channels like this one.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC someone in another Ms Marvel thread (maybe the OT?) said that Kamala's creators have confirmed she was supposed to be a Mutant originally, but due to the timing (her movie rights would have immediately gone to Fox) they made her a Legally Distinct Mutant aka Inhuman instead.