• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It's funny, because I've always viewed those commercials where somebody sits on a couch as is immediately gaming as a bit of a joke. Now that's me. My TV can't even turn on quick enough to keep up with me being back where I was in a game like Forza Horizon 4.

OP
OP
MercuryLS

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny, because I've always viewed those commercials where somebody sits on a couch as is immediately gaming as a bit of a joke. Now that's me. My TV can't even turn on quick enough to keep up with me being back where I was in a game like Forza Horizon 4.

Lol yes! It feels real good to get back in game in a few seconds, almost feels like taking a portable out of sleep and gaming immediately.

Oct 25, 2017
The XSX w GP is a pretty slick experience. I buy all my multiplat games on Xbox due to their commitment to BC. I can't wait until the 1st party games start rolling in.

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
There needs to be a few large watershed events to get Xbox really going this generation still I think. They've been doing hardware right since the Xbox One S, features and functions and Gamepass are exceptional, and games are coming, but I don't know if all this has made its way completely into the rare/super casual gamer knowledge yet. I had a conversation with a bunch of coworkers I haven't talked to in months, and they had zero interest in Xbox, wanted PS5s because they were hard to get, and didn't think game pass was anything but halo, gears and forza. Things like the EAplay on gamepass, BC compat and fps boost, all the game studios.. that stuff barely registered. I think a few knew about it Bethesda because that was a pretty large new story. I told them was able to grab a Series X at launch and one of them said "Where do you put that? It's HUGE!"

They're not console warriors about it either, it was just their perception. I think the real piece of the puzzle will be the huge AAA games, but I think there is a momentum that Playstation has that I can't see Xbox overcoming.

That watershed has already happened: it's the Bethesda acquisition. The mass market just hasn't realised it yet.

BlueJay

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft have really stepped up their game, and I think the Series consoles are going to be a massive success for them. My Series X is the most impressive console I've ever had from a tech perspective. Once the exclusives start rolling, we'll be eating!

*Hugs XSX*

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly at first I was a little bummed there was no big new games at launch, then I remembered how often launch titles aren't the greatest anyways for the most part. There is the odd title but for the most part they have been meh.

And because of that it's been allowing me to catch up on all the games I didn't have a chance to last gen, and tons of fun Indies, and the amount of time I've saved simply from the quick loads and quick resume has been amazing. I don't think I would of got thru Dark Souls for my first time if it had long loads between deaths.

PlayStation has some great 1st party games, I loved God of War and Horizon. Didn't really touch Spiderman and the rest. The Dual Sense seems like a dope controller but I've normally found stuff like haptics more annoying to me.

I have found the older I get the less I want to fiddle, learn new operating systems, wait for loading screens and tons of that. I just want games to work. I feel like Xbox is that right now. Things just work, they look good and run fast. The idea of having to learn a new operating system with the PS5 and all that while I can see the appeal just no longer is something I really care to do.

Gamepass was a big selling feature too. Where I am in life right now I can't afford to be spending $80-$90 a game (prices in Canada), so I was always waiting for a deal to jump in and I sometimes regret the price I bought a game. I was never really in the discussion as I waited. Gamepass has allowed me to play games on or near launch when it comes to first party and I feel much more in the now. I've found and played games I normally wouldn't of tried and I loved them.

If you are a person who likes to save money, and plays more than 3 games a year, Gamepass is a literal no brainer.

Also, rechargable AA >> All

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
I am fortunate to have both a PS5 and a XSX. So far, I have favoured the Xbox, but that is unsurprising; it was my main platform last gen. However, I have thoroughly enjoyed the three games I have played on PS5 (Spider-Man, Miles, Days Gone). I especially like the changes Sony made to the controller.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I have little to no complaints about them this generation. Everything just works absurdly well, and the software situation will obviously work its way out

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
MS is definitely on the right track this gen. Yet, although i love my SX console, MS desperately needs to put some 1st party content on it.
Yeah, Halo is releasing this year but it won't cut it imo. Please gimme Horizon 5 this year.

Nonetheless, Gamepass is the absolute best thing in the gaming right now.

Jun 15, 2020
And next month they're getting the exclusive I'm most looking forward to on any console right now...
R86c8334d602e49b9c936d4b6c9a6231c

DJtal

Oct 30, 2017
Capetown / South Africa
Since last gen, Playstation is only for their exclusive. When they will start pumping them out (not being a day one guy), I might have a look. But for now Xbox suits my needs.

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
Me too.
Always had Sony consoles, but gamepass, bethesda acquisition and some Sony decisions made me change to Xbox. The decision was not easy,I already had PS5 reserved with a 1/10 paid up front, it was like I was betraying someone, but for me that was the best decision.

The best thing I can say is now I do not have any desire of having a PS5. I always bought only one console by generation, and the decision was always easy in favor of PS. So I was afraid of missing having PS5.

The construction , the silence is miles away from Sony consoles.

Gamepass is a gift, and I already have it until 04/2024 from a fraction of full price.

I do not imagine go to a console without quick resume.

In the init I thought that batteries on the controller was old fashioned, but now having to charge them only 1 time at a month is a major improvement.

The time that FP games factory starts to delivery the console will be even more value.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish I could pull the PS5 OS and just move it over to the series X. Its such a nicer machine but the UI's have been consistently terrible on Xbox machines for a while now.
I can't agree. PS5 OS is so barebones and lacking in basically everything. the only advantage is 4K. otherwise xbox's OS blows it away IMO

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
They're crushing it. Everyone should have Game Pass.
why?

genuinely asking because i live in a country where barely anyone has an Xbox, i've literally never seen the new one or even the previous gen Xbox, heh.

afaik Game Pass is a bunch of "free" games that you get access to for a subscription fee? the same as PlayStation Plus, but more games? or is it something different?

i personally feel like Plus is offering too many games per year, i barely play 20% of them. so for me Game Pass too would be pretty useless, probably?

for me the bigger selling point would be the quietness of Xbox, if its really dead silent that would be amazing, considering my PS4s (and PS3s) have been absolutely ridiculously loud, to the point i cant hear the dialogue or soundtrack. just sucks so much, i have no idea why Sony likes to put out noisy consoles. i'm certain that when i finally get a PS5 it too will turn into a jet engine sooner or later..

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Platform warring, history of platform wars, account in junior phase
OP listed everything BUT compelling software.

Cool to stare at the literal box under your tv though.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
Agree OP, I'm mainly a PS guy but I always own every console. My One X barely got any burn outside of RDR2 but after diving more into Gamepass games over the past few months (Doom Eternal, Outriders, Tetris) its become my multtiplat system for the foreseeable future. I have a powerful PC but I like the xbox OS so much that I rather play on that than anything else. My PS5 is great but solely for the exclusives. Quick Resume, apps, and gamepass make it the default console currently.

Mar 8, 2018
I really like my XSX, and I'm all-in on the value of the Xbox Ecosystem.

That said I do have one personal nagging negative about Game Pass. It's such good value, but often I find myself just booting the machine, scrolling through GP or my library and downloading anything mildly interesting. The result is that I run hard into the paradox of choice, and I spend way, way more time admiring how many pretty icons I have on my screen than I do actually playing games.

My Xbox ends up feeling like my over bloated Steam library, or my Netflix home page. I just end up listlessly channel surfing from game to game, never committing, or never starting a game at all, just imagining it in my head.

Very much a problem specific to me, but thought I'd throw that out there.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020

That said I do have one personal nagging negative about Game Pass. It's such good value, but often I find myself just booting the machine, scrolling through GP or my library and downloading anything that mildly interesting. The result is that I run hard into the paradox of choice, and I spend way, way more time admiring how many pretty icons I have on my screen than I do actually playing games.

My Xbox ends up feeling like my over bloated Steam library, or my Netflix home page. I just end up listlessly channel surfing from game to game, never committing, or never starting a game at all, just imagining it in my head.

Use a Randomizer? I think they just added that feature, actually.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
As I explained in the PlayStation thread (similar thread) Microsoft has done such a great job with gamepass it made me realize I have no room for systems that don't adapt that model of delivery at this point in my gaming life.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Yeah, surprisingly, I prefer XSX to PS5. OS is better and more usable. GamePass ia great. BC is awesome. Storage is less buggy. Patching is much better.
It's quiet and runs cool. MS hit it's stride with Xbox One X and just knocked it out of the park with XSX, IMO.

I still like games on my PS5 (mostly PS4 ones :P), but as consoles go, I would take XSX any time.

Embrodak

Oct 30, 2017

That said I do have one personal nagging negative about Game Pass. It's such good value, but often I find myself just booting the machine, scrolling through GP or my library and downloading anything mildly interesting. The result is that I run hard into the paradox of choice, and I spend way, way more time admiring how many pretty icons I have on my screen than I do actually playing games.

I have gamepass on my laptop and I have the same 'problem'. I played Call of the Sea. That's it. I tried Torment and No mans sky. At the very least it kept me from buying those games so that's something at least!

BaileyBLM

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I've got game pass till 2022 so still plenty of time for me to enjoy it. But if I didn't already take advantage to sign up so far in advance there's no way i'd be paying for it at the moment. I open it up once a month or so to keep an eye on it, but there's rarely ever anything there that I care to play or haven't already played.

Can certainly see how it could appeal to a large group of people however, especially those who have never played Xbox before in the past.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I bought both consoles at launch with the understanding of play maybe 2-3 games on the PS5 per year and everything else on XSX because of Gamepass. So far, things have worked out exactly as I assumed they would.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Gamepass had more games I actually want to play

Kinda feel this way as well. Series X is my first Xbox console since 360. I got Gamepass, played Gears 5, Forza and a little of Doom Eternal. After that, not much. Lately it's just been Peggle 2. lol
It's a good console though. I'm just waiting for the heavy hitters.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Since you cannot handle a mature conversation, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.