• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Xbox straight up stirring the pot, and they know it😂
Tech stuff goes over my head, I judge with my eyes, and so far there's a clear winner.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
XSX has something similar to Infinity Cache? There are a lot of words and I am lazy to search for it, this was one of the ''features''(I don't know if I can call it a feature of RDNA2) presented today.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Wow at people being offended that MS is marketing their consoles.

1332010233162_9638490.png

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Gotta love that old Microsoft FUD. No matter how much they change there's always some asshole that pulls that word game shit out of the old playbook.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
It says "FULL" rdna 2. That means it uses all features. Not that the PS5 isn't an rdna 2 console. To my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong, the PS5 does not do VRS.
hasn't been confirmed as far as I know. This is what I've been saying MS is taking advantage of Sony's silence by steering people to assume PS5 is worse than it may or may not be. Everyone saying PS5 has equivalent features really have no idea and are just assuming. Possible? Sure. Likely? I think so. Confirmed? Absolutely not.

Some features we know about like ray tracing and io stuff.

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
This forum going to go into a frenzy over this only to find out that it's not important. Just like that "PS5 4K and 60 fps" thread the other day that got people stirred up over nothing.

Why are people get so worked up over such tame marketing barbs.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
People seem very sure about what this means from what is pretty limited information. The way this is worded:

"Xbox Series X|S are the only next-generation consoles with full hardware support for all the RDNA 2 capabilities AMD showcased today."

implies quite heavily that the PS5 GPU does not have full hardware support for all the RDNA 2 capabilities AMD showed today. What we don't know is:

- What full hardware support means in this instance
- What RDNA 2 capabilities, if any, are impacted by the PS5 not having "full hardware support" for them
- What other capabilities, if any, might exist for PS5 that weren't shown today

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
This means Xbox is getting the whole RDNA2 feature set directly from AMD. This means nothing in regards to PS5 not having their own custom implementation of the same features. Looking forward to Digital Foundry bringing the common sense to those who love feed into the PR.

This is it. Exactly it.
We don't know if Sony has a VRS or SFS implementation, unfortunately. We do know it has the Geometry Engine for primitive shaders, but we don't know about mesh shaders either.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
lol, in the time it took me to read the first handful of replies to this thread, it grew four pages.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I mean depending on which feature RDNA2 PS5 skips this could be just a marketing talk.

Or it could not. Digital Foundry has mentioned in several videos that they asked Sony for confirmation on specific RDNA2 features and they never got it. It could very well be that Sony's GPU has custom functionality achieving similar results or it could be that some features were omitted for some reason. Neither possibility can be dismissed with the information currently available.

CrazyNomad

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
Well, what they can do. The Xbox Brazil thread showed enough to me that this is the public MS is aiming.
its weird talking about xbox Brazil because the girl that got fired just got an xbox series X to show the unboxing on her youtube channel.........

Brazilian community is fucked up so its best to xbox not have a channel for it.. before that girl xbox brazil had 2 others girl that suffered the same.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Speculation time. Yay.
The only thing we know is that Xbox Series S/X use full RDNA2 architecture while the PS5 misses features from that.
We don't know which features but I doubt it is a secret weapon in Console War 2020.

mangdo

Banned
Sep 18, 2020
People seem very sure about what this means from what is pretty limited information. The way this is worded:

"Xbox Series X|S are the only next-generation consoles with full hardware support for all the RDNA 2 capabilities AMD showcased today."

implies quite heavily that the PS5 GPU does not have full hardware support for all the RDNA 2 capabilities AMD showed today. What we don't know is:

- What full hardware support means in this instance
- What RDNA 2 capabilities, if any, are impacted by the PS5 not having "full hardware support" for them
- What other capabilities, if any, might exist for PS5 that weren't shown today
Pretty sure it's the custom route Sony went with the custom SSD controller, surely that means that Sony had to design their own I/O solution rather than plugin into the DirectX Ultimate API? So yes, Sony's hardware doesn't support that natively because it's designed to work in a complete different way.