• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
This impunity granted on Twitch/YouTube to content creators just because they're "moneymakers" needs to stop. It's truly despicable, and the worst part is that there seems to be little public outcry about it, which only normalizes it further.

How the fuck is PewDiePie still allowed a platform for his content? How the fuck is Logan Paul? You think when Louis CK's true nature came out Netflix just kept his special up anyway because it would be a "financial loss"???

There is something way more freaking important than dollar bills at stake here. Hire an ethics officer, damnit.

Oct 25, 2017
What probably happened is he got banned for three weeks or a month. He seemed to know when he would be able to go live again.

Make no mistake. This guy isn't even really a moneymaker. He doesn't seem to be partner and is only affiliate status based on his one emote slot for his channel. Twtich just thinks that little of women to not even permanently ban a person who abused one live on stream.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I did not believe this, but I have found the screenshot.

What. The. Fuck.

1sq15ek3sj321.png

I'm gonna take the middle too,
Throw both this pile of shit and the husband onto a trash heap already. They deserve each other What the fuck.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get Twitch and their rules, I don't get Twitter and Facebook either though. Am I out of touch, or is it the children that are wrong?

Also nice to see we already made this a Boogie thread. You people just can't help yourselves.

There's nothing to get. They're private companies that selectively enforce their rules.

I do think it's not necessary to scold everyone in almost every thread.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I bet since this is picking up Steam they'll ice him for good just due to the backlash
And stop caring about what Boogie posts, that kind of stuff is on purpose

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Did he not get punished by Twitch for the original offense?

I have seen Twitch cut ties with streamers permanently before, but never seen them ban their channels again for what they did before, if the channel was not permanently banned.

But you never know with Twitch, their moderation seems to be ran by multiple people with varying agendas.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Worst part is that I think he really is one big piece of shit, but that does not warrant misquoting him. That tweet is objectionable enough without that.

He literally does not say that "Boogie suggested hanging the abused wife for being beat in front on the child", which is what triggered this chain of comments.
I agree with you. Boogie is still awful and those comments are awful, but I really don't think you should be hounded like that for trying to set the record straight.

Ababol

Oct 25, 2017
But she was just beat in front of a child, and he did say she should be hanged. Is that not the salient point here? Why are you splitting hairs when he called for an abused woman to be killed?

Exactly. That's objectionable enough. There's no need to make up that he said the woman should be hanged for being abused in front of their kids (his point was that she should be hanged too for being abusive in front of their kids before that).

Then let me set the record straight for you:

Boogie has suggested that a victim of domestic abuse should be hanged with her abuser for checks notes verbally berating him and throwing stuff at him in front of their kids.

Same answer as above.

Note I haven't watched the video (and I won't), so I have no idea if Boogie is right calling her an abuser too. I wouldn't be surprised if he's wrong, but still, he didn't say what triggered this chain of comments.

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder that Boogie once said on stream "fuck" to his ex-girlfriend who died of cancer.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
What probably happened is he got banned for three weeks or a month. He seemed to know when he would be able to go live again.

Make no mistake. This guy isn't even really a moneymaker. He doesn't seem to be partner and is only affiliate status based on his one emote slot for his channel. Twtich just thinks that little of women to not even permanently ban a person who abused one live on stream.
I think it's more likely he deactivated his account immediately once the video started getting coverage and figured two weeks was enough time to wait for shit to die down.

You'd think Twitch would permaban the account anyway after all of the news coverage

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
Boogie has the fence post shoved so far up his ass he has become one with the fence

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Exactly. That's objectionable enough. There's no need to make up that he said the woman should be hanged for being abused in front of their kids (his point was that she should be hanged too for being abusive in front of their kids before that).

Same answer as above.

Note I haven't watched the video (and I won't), so I have no idea if Boogie is right calling her an abuser too. I wouldn't be surprised if he's wrong, but still, he didn't say what triggered this chain of comments.

I must be missing something as I have no fucking clue why this is the hill you choose to die on.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This impunity granted on Twitch/YouTube to content creators just because they're "moneymakers" needs to stop. It's truly despicable, and the worst part is that there seems to be little public outcry about it, which only normalizes it further.

How the fuck is PewDiePie still allowed a platform for his content? How the fuck is Logan Paul? You think when Louis CK's true nature came out Netflix just kept his special up anyway because it would be a "financial loss"???

There is something way more freaking important than dollar bills at stake here. Hire an ethics officer, damnit.

But he is not a moneymaker? Unless I am remembering it wrong, this guy was barely making anything on Twitch. Which kinda makes the whole thing even sadder.

I am guessing this is a error on Twitch's is part. Even they have to draw a line on actual physical abuse on stream.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
There's nothing to get. They're private companies that selectively enforce their rules.

I do think it's not necessary to scold everyone in almost every thread.
They sure are. But when someone commits a violent crime on your platform, I'd think there be more concequences. They've issued longer bans for bit of boobs, this wasn't even a month.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I fail to see how adding context to what the OP of the quote thread said renders the fact that he said "hang them both" as anything less than horrible.

I think that person isn't referring to the OP, but this person:

Is this the one where Boogie suggested hanging the abused wife for being beat in front on the child?
Yeah, twitch should get around to banning them permanently soon enough I hope.
The "positivity <3" from these terrible people always disgusts

Boggie is a piece of shit, for all the reasons you mentioned, but that doesn't mean we need to abandon accuracy to address his shit headedness. He didn't say hang her because she got abused, and what he said wasn't any better than this, but that doesn't make the above posters point a true or accurate account.

So yea, Boogie is garbage and no one should defend him, but we should be accurate when we explain why he's a piece of dog shit.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think that person isn't referring to the OP, but this person:

Boggie is a piece of shit, for all the reasons you mentioned, but that doesn't mean we need to abandon accuracy to address his shit headedness. He didn't say hang her because she got abused, and what he said wasn't any better than this, but that doesn't make the above posters point a true or accurate account.

So yea, Boogie is garbage and no one should defend him, but we should be accurate when we explain why he's a piece of dog shit.
Are you seriously missing how it's not right to spread falsehoods about someone, even if you disagree with him and/or despise him?

The original poster of the comment shared the screenshot of what he said, so I have no idea why anyone is arguing over the trivial idea that he should be quoted accurately when the OP of the quote thread clearly did not remember what he actually said until posting the screenshot.

Are you seriously telling me that this needs to be corrected in a fucking a thread with the screenshot of the tweet with what he said? You are nitpicking very trivial things in the name of accuracy when we already have it.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
The original poster of the comment shared the screenshot of what he said, so I have no idea why anyone is arguing over the trivial idea that he should be quoted accurately when the OP of the quote thread clearly did not remember what he actually said until posting the screenshot.

Are you seriously telling me that this needs to be corrected in a fucking a thread with the screenshot of the tweet with what he said? You are nitpicking very trivial things in the name of accuracy when we already have it.

No, I'm saying that:

Hanged for being abused =/= both hanged for being abusive.

They are both heinous statements, but only one of them is accurate. I see no problem with saying "yea, this guy is a piece of shit, but also this isn't accurate". It isn't an attempt to excuse his shit "perspective" (at least speaking from my end). He's a bad person, he says and encourages bad points of view, and he deserves to be called out on those things.

I'm not really invested in this, I was just trying to add some clarity to how I interpreted the series of posts I read. Let's not overreact here, particularly in the case of Boogie, who deserves as little attention from any of us as possible.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
But...but...its boogie, Era loves to make him the center of atention on threads that have nothing to do with him...
Dude all your posts in this thread are literally about defending him instead of adding anthing to the discussion you seemingly hate so much. We have mods here who'll deal with this shit if people go too far, we don't need your silver shield to do that.

I'm not at all surprised Twitch won't ban him, I'd be _way_ more surprised if they actually did. Twitch and Youtube are pretty much the same when it comes to defending their promotional figures, or just plain ignoring shit they do. I have no idea why, maybe it's a weird sense of "we don't acknowledge it, so it didn't happen on our site" or something.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, I'm saying that:

Hanged for being abused =/= both hanged for being abusive.

They are both heinous statements, but only one of them is accurate. I see no problem with saying "yea, this guy is a piece of shit, but also this isn't accurate". It isn't an attempt to excuse his shit "perspective" (at least speaking from my end). He's a bad person, he says and encourages bad points of view, and he deserves to be called out on those things.

I'm not really invested in this, I was just trying to add some clarity to how I interpreted the series of posts I read. Let's not overreact here, particularly in the case of Boogie, who deserves as little attention from any of us as possible.

This is non-issue that both of you believe needs to be addressed when it doesn't.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
Boogie doesn't miss a beat staying on brand, does he.

The YouTube influencer/content creator types... overall not a great look for humanity.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dude all your posts in this thread are literally about defending him instead of adding anthing to the discussion you seemingly hate so much. We have mods here who'll deal with this shit if people go too far, we don't need your silver shield to do that.

I'm not at all surprised Twitch won't ban him, I'd be _way_ more surprised if they actually did. Twitch and Youtube are pretty much the same when it comes to defending their promotional figures, or just plain ignoring shit they do. I have no idea why, maybe it's a weird sense of "we don't acknowledge it, so it didn't happen on our site" or something.

Boohoo. I'm not defending him, I just find it amusing that this seems to be the thing people like to discuss here instead of the problem at hand. And I believe this wouldn't happen anywhere else. Era just seems to have a bone to pick with this guy for some reason.

But I can talk about the topic at hand too, it's ridiculous that he can still make streams, and I hope he will get banned ASAP. He should have been when the incident happened too, but I'm sure that if he continues streaming there will be a lot of backlash.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Guy should be banned no question.

I did not believe this, but I have found the screenshot.

What. The. Fuck.

1sq15ek3sj321.png
Enlightened centrist takes from Stephen1488

Enjoy imma spoiler tag them cuz they're NSFL

LHGhNd6.png

iez3ftnhc0521.jpg

mtw8u1d7xe521.jpg
nh3ey82jk6x11.png
iw29orjn4s321.jpg
me9sth4vj1721.jpg
ys1pegir37721.png

edit: Mod warning was posted as I was posting this, gonna leave it as is.

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Joined October 2017. Less than 150 posts. Every. Fucking. Time.

Post with your main account, coward.

Lol, just because you have an account it doesn't mean you have to post every day. I would guess that the majority of people who joined back then still have less than 150 posts because they prefer to lurk instead.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'm actually surprised Twitch would have done this. This was potentially one of the worst things to happen on their platform.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do not even know where to start with this, Twitch has me all types of twisted and pissed off by pulling this shit. How are they gonna hand put perm bans to black people saying nigga (Etika) but let someone who beat their wife ON STREAM back after just what 2 weeks? This makes no damn sense. Honestly this even comes off as being a tad racist imo due to the unfair punishment and extreme unequal enforcement of their so called rules.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
The fact that he's streaming again and not just hiding in a hole and feeling ashamed confirms that he is indeed a sociopath.
He has a previous assault conviction, not to mention that his partner is on a good behaviour bond for previously assaulting him. If that's your world then I guess at some point you just come to terms with being a deadshit. That he would just carry on like nothing happened doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

What does surprise me is Twitch doing nothing. How can someone stream themselves committing a crime on your service (for which they've since been arrested and charged), had it make headlines around the world, and then not be banned from Twitch? What do you have to do to be banned from Twitch?

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
From what I gather, both of these folks are in some domestic abuse cycle of being violent toward eachother for years now..? Feel awful, either way, for the kids having to grow up around this stuff. :(

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

This dude has like 100 followers. He ain't an influencer.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This really shouldn't be a hill you choose to die on

The truth is always a hill worth dying on; doubly so when it's your own side that's lying, because it weakens your position. There's no circumstance where it's acceptable to misrepresent the truth for a nobler goal.

I fail to see how adding context to what the OP of the quote thread said renders the fact that he said "hang them both" as anything less than horrible.

Nobody is arguing that what he said isn't horrible. They said that it's horrible enough without having to misrepresent it.

Worst part is that I think he really is one big piece of shit, but that does not warrant misquoting him. That tweet is objectionable enough without that.

He literally does not say that "Boogie suggested hanging the abused wife for being beat in front on the child", which is what triggered this chain of comments.

Exactly. I don't understand the need to weaken your own position by lying when the truth is awful enough. Why would you give free ammo to the opposition to call you out?

It's like going around saying that Hitler turned into a bat and drank people's blood. Like, what? At what point did you think "well, what he actually did isn't horrible enough, let's add some color"? How do you think this affects your credibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.